Azinger out at NBC!

MGoBlue

2021 Titleist Experience!
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Hell yeah!

This is great news. Couldn’t stand listening to him.

Now that’s some good news!

He didn’t add anything to the broadcast in my opinion. Hopefully they find someone who can enhance the viewing experience.

I liked Zinger 🤷

I liked the move when he first joined the broadcast but his stock really dropped with me over the years.

Wasn’t the biggest fan but the amount of turnover in the booths with the asinine amount of commercials has me wondering were coverage is going.

Kind of interesting that they have parted with a number of their talent. I wonder what direction they are going to go.

I can’t wait till they sign Burt Kreisher now. Did an amazing job at the Netflix Cup

It will be interesting to see who NBC has as a replacement.

I’m against the norm…I didn’t have anything against Zinger!

I’m against the norm…I didn’t have anything against Zinger!
I didn’t either. Although, I may have relied on the mute button if I didn’t want to listen to him at times.

I didn’t either. Although, I may have relied on the mute button if I didn’t want to listen to him at times.
Yes thankful for the mute button. There have been worse than him.

I liked Zinger 🤷
As did I. They can’t all be great in the booth all the time, but when you have to compete against… Dan Hicks… I mean the bar is only so high to begin with.

They likely will do much worse.

Been lucky enough to follow Zing his whole career - at times his commentary lacked, I admit. Off the course - dedicated family man = rare these days.

The ole Sailor did quite well IMO

I liked him when he first started but lately I find him terrible. I hate to see someone lose their job but it can only help the broadcasts.

Maybe they can bring in Morgan Pressel......to continue the downward trend.
I'm convinced that golfers are unpleaseable when in comes to TV commentators
Heck, 50% hated Johnny Miller, same for Faldo.

One thing is certain, NBC will muck it up worse.

I thought Zinger was fine. We all have ups and downs - the mute button helps occasionally. I watched rather than listen that much

All of these "talking heads" think their opinions are more important than the golf itself and can't shut up, ever! Whoever replaces him will be no different.

I can’t wait till they sign Burt Kreisher now. Did an amazing job at the Netflix Cup
What a **** show that production was

I didn't mind 'Zinger, they could do worse. I wouldn't hate it if they brought in Paige Mackenzie or Morgan Pressel to fill the chair, I enjoy listening to both of them.

I only ever heard ppl complaining about his commentary. I listen on Sky so that's a bit different but for those who wanted him out a big congrats and enjoy the upcoming season!

Back