Azinger out at NBC!

Wasn’t the biggest fan but the amount of turnover in the booths with the asinine amount of commercials has me wondering were coverage is going.
Agreed 100%. While he wasn't the most entertaining, the problem is how it is presented and amount of commercials.

I especially like: "He hit that one groove too high." Or, "If he has the speed and line, this putt could go in."
To be fair, you can absolutely hear the difference between a solid strike and a not so solid. Now the mics do make it different for us, but they’re probably way more used to hearing the difference when it’s amplified.

Is this an opportunity for Charissa Thompson, I don't respect her but....

I always hated when he said “he really let the shaft out on that one”.

I thought he did his job well, I wonder if it’s more about cutting high priced talent vs new blood?

Liked Zinger initially but he got annoying to me.

It disappointed in his contract not being renewed.never was a fan. I’d say put Joel Dahman in the booth 😜

I always liked Zinger. But I will admit he was poorly-prepared the last few years.

Furthermore, Miller= 🐐

Wasn’t a fan of the Zinger. Haven’t really liked anyone since McCord and Feherty

I dont wish anyone ill will. But I'm not wondering why. Yea, he was pretty bad.

All of these "talking heads" think their opinions are more important than the golf itself and can't shut up, ever! Whoever replaces him will be no different.
That is why I watch most golf telecasts on mute and sometimes mute with closed caption. LOL Much more enjoyable.

I especially like: "He hit that one groove too high." Or, "If he has the speed and line, this putt could go in."
The "speed and line" thing, yeah! That's been true of every putt ever struck in the game! There's only so much you can say, and if you keep your mouth shut too much you'll be seen as not earning your money.

Reminds me of a story I heard Dan Patrick tell on his radio show. His contract was up at ESPN when he was one of the hosts of "Sportcenter" at night. When he presented what he wanted, management said "You're just effing talent!" Maybe all management thinks that way!

It disappointed in his contract not being renewed.never was a fan. I’d say put Joel Dahman in the booth 😜
I think he would like to play a bit longer..

Not sure i really noticed positive or negative on Zinger. I did like Faldo though.

As did I. They can’t all be great in the booth all the time, but when you have to compete against… Dan Hicks… I mean the bar is only so high to begin with.
Haha

Zinger didn’t bother me, either!

Bring in David Duval

Azinger was just ok in my book. Didn’t really bring much “energy”, if that’s possible, but wasn’t terrible. The only guy I can think of that is hard for me to listen to is Curtis Strange…

Seems as though Brad Falcon is the choice..

The constant repeating of a theme would get to me by the end of a broadcast. His Morikawa chipping woes blabbering during the TOC was so bad.

This should be Phil’s moment but unfortunately there is a stupid golf war happening that ruins that for fans..

Doesn't sound like you're a fan of much of anybody. Perfect candidate for the "Mute" button on the remote. :ROFLMAO:
I like announcers who add to my understanding and know when to just shut the f**k up (as in not being Hicks, Tirico, Pressel, Stupples). Unfortunately, there aren't many of those around. Justin Leonard is one, for example. Everything he says means something, and when he's made his point he stops talking.

I didn’t mind him. But does anyone turn on a golf tournament for the announcers?
I don't think so, but having a good announcer can add a lot to the experience and the moment. A bad can suck a lot of life out of a tournament. I would imagine a good announcer can keep tuning in longer, but I have no evidence to back that up.

DL III and Zack toe the line well. What a treat that could be.

I heard today that maybe Brandel C. Is strong successor.

Bring in Gary McCord!!!!!
I loved that guy's commentary.

Back