AZTHP Team Championship - May 18th

Indeed! A trip to play there with the AZ crew has been high on my golf wish list for a while.
They’re a great group!

Ok new team announcement @TommyTomas has moved back to the best coast and will be teaming up with @Wildcat for this event! It is going to be great having him back!

Hey @echico it looks like we’re at 11 teams now. The final team will be some combo of @Inioch @MagicSpell and myself. We’ll figure it out for you in a couple days when @Inioch gets word from work

Hey @echico it looks like we’re at 11 teams now. The final team will be some combo of @Inioch @MagicSpell and myself. We’ll figure it out for you in a couple days when @Inioch gets word from work
@lockstockrye has an injury so he may need to pull out. We are still doing our Bandon trip next week so we will see if we need to have an alternate ready. Joe will let us know

Reposting from earlier:

AZ THP, it's time once again for the Sophia Pina Memorial, which will be held at Verrado (Founders) GC on Saturday, May 18th. The story behind this event can be found here: https://www.thehackersparadise.com/.../arizona-thp-golf-league.8918786/post-9664590. Ricardo Pina (@echico) and his wife have been gracious enough to donate trophies that will be given to each member of the winning team, who get to proudly display them until next year's team event (currently in the possession of @mtbloco and @jjjgolf500 ). In return for their generosity, we are collecting donations for Ryan House (https://ryanhouse.org/), a hospice service for children. Donations can be made through our Venmo account (@AZTHP). Last year we collected $2,545…let’s do it again!!

As always, we are not soliciting donations from the main THP board. To the main board members: please consider donating to either St. Jude's Childrens Hospital or a local organization in memory of Sophia Pina - - thanks!!

I can't tell if @TommyTomas has up to date Albatross membership so they can't win if he doesn't. ;)
He does i just bought it for him! He is also set for the AZTHP league membership!

im back keanu reeves GIF

If anyone ends up backing out or needing a sub just let me know. I wasn’t sure if I was going to be able to play due to my daughter’s dance recital. We just got the schedule and hers isn’t until 630pm… I should be able to play if needed and in an early group.

I have a ton of expletives to use. :mad:

I'm sorry @Jtubb17 and the rest, but my employer decided to axe my requested days and scheduled me to work those days. I'm quite pissed off, to put it mildly.

As I don't know if I'll get them changed or not, I have to tap out of this one. I'm really sorry to have to do this!

The only thing I'm happy about is that you'll have space for a really good THP'er instead 😀

I'm sorry @Jtubb17 and the rest, but my employer decided to axe my requested days and scheduled me to work those days. I'm quite pissed off, to put it mildly.

As I don't know if I'll get them changed or not, I have to tap out of this one. I'm really sorry to have to do this!

The only thing I'm happy about is that you'll have space for a really good THP'er instead 😀
Sorry to hear that @Inioch

@MagicSpell and @Jtubb17 are you confirmed as a team?

This sucks to hear but better to have it for this than anything in September! That's the important dates that we need you

This sucks to hear but better to have it for this than anything in September! That's the important dates that we need you
Thanks brother! I've already booked unpaid leave for that. That's something they can't refuse.

I'm in. If @MagicSpell wants to team up, that sounds good. If he's out, I know that @sweetnlow was looking to get back in. I guess I could deal with him too :ROFLMAO:
I will gladly team up with you if @MagicSpell is out. Assuming we can get into one of the first groups I would have plenty of time to play and get back for my obligations.

I'm in. If @MagicSpell wants to team up, that sounds good. If he's out, I know that @sweetnlow was looking to get back in. I guess I could deal with him too :ROFLMAO:

I will gladly team up with you if @MagicSpell is out. Assuming we can get into one of the first groups I would have plenty of time to play and get back for my obligations.
Now what to do? I’d love to team up with @Jtubb17 , but feel bad that @sweetnlow would be left out…
I can’t decide 🤷‍♂️

I confirmed with @Stribs yesterday. Looking forward to it!

Go ahead and play dude. Thanks for thinking of me though.
You're the sweetest! We'll blame this all on @Wildcat for dumping you by text in the middle of the night. You should write a song about him like Taylor Swift

This is what ChatGpt came up with for you as a starting point @sweetnlow. I think you could have a hit on your hand with the right beat!

(Verse 1)
In the heat of the desert, under skies of blue,Sweetnlow swings his clubs, chasing dreams that are true. With the AZ THP group, he found his place to shine, But now he's lost and lonely, in the dark of the night.

(Chorus)
Sweetnlow, oh Sweetnlow, Left behind with nowhere to go. His teammate, his twin, now gone, Leaving him heartbroken and alone.

(Verse 2)
Wildcat was his partner, his comrade in arms, Together they conquered, they weathered life's storms. But in a twist of fate, he slipped away unseen, Leaving Sweetnlow stranded in a world so mean.

(Chorus)
Sweetnlow, oh Sweetnlow, Left behind with nowhere to go. His teammate, his twin, now gone, Leaving him heartbroken and alone.

(Bridge)
The forum buzzed with whispers, the news spread like fire, But Sweetnlow stood strong, hiding his heart's dire. He'll find a new partner, he'll rise from the fall, With courage in his swing, he'll conquer it all.

(Chorus)
Sweetnlow, oh Sweetnlow, Rising up, his spirit aglow. Though abandoned, he'll stand tall, In the face of adversity, he'll never fall.

(Outro)
Sweetnlow, oh Sweetnlow, In the game of life, he'll steal the show. With grace and strength, he'll carry on, For Sweetnlow's journey has only just begun.

Back