AZTHP Team Championship - May 18th

echico

#MOIJacking
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Our 4th annual AZTHP Team Championship will take place Saturday May 18th at Verrado Founders Course. As the folks in the AZTHP league know this is near and dear to my heart because the trophies are a tribute to my daughter. This thread will serve as setting up the teams and getting details out. We will set up another thread for the contest we will run for the forum.

1654567183928.png

Last edited:
2023 Haul for Ryan House from the event
Once again thank you to everyone that donated. We went to Ryan House today to drop off the donations and my oh my did we have a haul this year. Not pictured were the 3 trips we took to Target and Costco to get batteries, toiletries, cookie and cake mixes, and icings. The pantry is now full and they have a lot of laundry and cleaning supplies as well to keep things running smooth.

Supermarket Sweep! This is so much fun to do. Not care about prices and just pack up a shopping cart....or two.
IMG_20230719_122856.jpg

Glad we bought the bigger SUV
IMG_20230719_122906.jpg
IMG_20230719_122901.jpg
IMG_20230719_122840.jpg

Outside of Ryan House and starting to unload

IMG_20230719_122829.jpg

The golf bag embroidery came in handy.

IMG_20230719_123157.jpg

2022 Haul for Ryan House from the event

IMG_5883.jpg
IMG_5882.jpg
IMG_5881.jpg

This is the kitchen in the house and you can see a lot of the items that were purchased.
IMG_5890.jpg
IMG_5891.jpg
IMG_5889.jpg

IMG_5887.jpg
IMG_5888.jpg

2021 Haul

A big thank you to the AZTHP family!

Katie and I went to Ryan House today with the items we bought with the league's generous donations. Some of the items you provided

Cleaning supplies (Laundry detergent, dryer sheets, clorox wipes, cleaner, hand sanitizer)
Snacks, lots and lots of snacks for the kitchen
New blankets for the beds
Toiletries for guest stays
Baby clothes
Baby soap and lotion
Gift cards - some families can barely make ends meet and then all of the sudden have to spend time in the hospice. We got some gift cards for some local restaurants and for gas to take some of the burden off. The nurses know who needs them and are in charge of them.

We got over $1400 in donations from the league. Katie and I donated $1600 in cash which we got a match from Intel for a grand total of $4605 donated to Ryan House from our team event. Thank you all for the donations and Ryan House thanks you as well!

20210730_114253.jpg
20210730_114305.jpg

Last edited:
YearTotal DonatedAZTHP Contributions
2023$10,145$2,545
2022$5,875$1,625
2021$4,605$1,400
Total$20,625$5,570

Last edited:
@jdtox or @Canadan - can you change the title to say May 18th please? Got a little too quick on the copy and paste.

Will the champs have the chance to defend or all new teams for this year?

in

I guess I should of put this in the first post.

6 tee times starting at 10:06am. They had another event so that is as early as they could get us. We have CTP's on all the par 3's so I may do some fun stuff or if anyone has other prizes that could be fun.

Cost is $119 + tax.

Leaning towards Best Ball at the moment. It won't be too hot so we don't have to do a scramble.

I guess I should of put this in the first post.

6 tee times starting at 10:06am. They had another event so that is as early as they could get us. We have CTP's on all the par 3's so I may do some fun stuff or if anyone has other prizes that could be fun.

Cost is $119 + tax.

Leaning towards Best Ball at the moment. It won't be too hot so we don't have to do a scramble.
I vote best ball

AZ THP, it's time once again for the Sophia Pina Memorial, which will be held at Verrado (Founders) GC on Saturday, May 18th. The story behind this event can be found here: https://www.thehackersparadise.com/.../arizona-thp-golf-league.8918786/post-9664590. Ricardo Pina (@echico) and his wife have been gracious enough to donate trophies that will be given to each member of the winning team, who get to proudly display them until next year's team event (currently in the possession of @mtbloco and @jjjgolf500 ). In return for their generosity, we are collecting donations for Ryan House (https://ryanhouse.org/), a hospice service for children. Donations can be made through our Venmo account (@AZTHP). Last year we collected $2,545…let’s do it again!!

As always, we are not soliciting donations from the main THP board. To the main board members: please consider donating to a local organization in memory of Sophia Pina - - thanks!!

Pretty presumptuous here!! What if I want to partner with @BB Fan Girl or the consummate pro @sweetnlow? :ROFLMAO:

Anyways - I got a nice prize for one of the CTPs and for BEST DRESSED PARTNERS and maybe the viewing audience!!!!

I don’t have a partner but would love to join the event

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a partner and we confirmed that the date works. @Stribs and I will give it a whirl this year!

Asking for a friend: are non-league particpants permitted to participate should they find themselves in the vicinity with clubs? Assuming of course that locals haven't taken all of the eligible spots because my friend would never want to do that

Back