Bag Battle SeeMore Si2 vs Cobra Super Nova

With that being said, I may would be the guy that bought a blue or white truck and put a running bird logo in the back window if I were to win a spot in the Victory Cup. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I know that feeling. I played Mizuno irons the most over the last 25 yrs. I played their MP-001 Driver. I played the MP-20 wedges and HMB recently. So the selection in the THP-Mizuno Experience last summer was thrilling and a great experience - and to receive a set of irons soon and the new wedges and driver - well, it doesn't get much better.

Last time I played Cobra was early 00's and Acushnet still owned them.

I know that feeling. I played Mizuno irons the most over the last 25 yrs. I played their MP-001 Driver. I played the MP-20 wedges and HMB recently. So the selection in the THP-Mizuno Experience last summer was thrilling and a great experience - and to receive a set of irons soon and the new wedges and driver - well, it doesn't get much better.

Last time I played Cobra was early 00's and Acushnet still owned them.
King Tour made the MC selection easy and it didn’t disappoint. I’ve only owned one Mizuno club a 2020 CLK 2H. It was a monster. I mirrors the King Tec from Cobra really well. I’ve been looking for a game improvement set just for “fun”. That’s how the SeeMore came to be for the alignment aid. I’ve never dabbled to hard in equipment. I’ve learned a lot more over the last year thanks to this place.

Two entirely different animals! I am not un-happy with the Super Nova but I struggle with distance control on shorter putts. Kinda odd but from 10 feet my distance control is much better than 4 feet. I've struggled with putting setup trying a lot of different grips and stances. Had some extra trade in material around the house so I traded for the SeeMore. I wanted to test the RST. I wanted to see if I could learn to set up better and make me a better golfer.

First round out today: I played a shorter course around 6000 yards. A lot of elevation changes and some greens that were really slow with 39 degree temp at first tee. I played a Titlest ProV1 into the greens with a yellow and green ProV1 for putting on each green. (luxury of having cool temps and empty course) The greens today were really slow with some decent amount of slope and rolled pretty smooth given the time of the year.

Short putts were clearly in favor of the SeeMore. Didn't putt through breaks or get really off line. I used the RST for setup as I watched in videos last night. Easy clean up of anything inside of 5 feet or less. The Cobra not as much. Same issue usually missing slightly on the lower side and watching it trickle away from the hole.

Long putts were pretty even. The SeeMore required more speed on the stoke but didn't really have any negative outcomes on results.

Overall today went to the SeeMore. Not by much. This will be a process for a little while. I can say that I really like the face on the Cobra and would like to move the Sik face to the SeeMore. The small center shafted putter does require a more precise stroke given the amount of size it surrenders to the Cobra. I'll keep this updated as time goes.

You have us, first of all for any questions or thoughts behind the SeeMore. Second, RST will allow you to setup the same way every time. Next time you go out or at practice in your house work on your alignment. When you do this you will have more confidence in knowing where you are aim. Thirdly, you have us #24/7. Always happy to help. Keep up the great work.

Combining size and feel, can anyone speak of the feel of the Mizuno M Craft V? It looks to be in the middle.
Can't speak to the SeeMore, but as the proud owner of the V for two days, I can say it has a smaller footprint and firmer feel in my opinion to the Supernova

I've always been a "swiper" and this seems to fix the problem. I've always used over sized mallets. Maybe this changes the game for putting for myself
After playing with you some and our chats on putters, anything that helps that swipe you get inside 10' should really help.

I think we one wedge you could probably open up a second slot for another putter if you really wanted.

Took the SeeMore out today and left the Cobra at home. I'll reverse this with the next round. Greens were not in great shape with the WV winter setting in. Lines were tough to read on bumpy greens. I hit some really nice putts today from 8-10 feet. I missed a few 4-5 footers that were head scratchers. A lot of variables in play so it is hard to say why. I am enjoying the look at feel. Next round with be the Cobra. I have a feeling they will alternate well through out the next season.

Took the SeeMore out today and left the Cobra at home. I'll reverse this with the next round. Greens were not in great shape with the WV winter setting in. Lines were tough to read on bumpy greens. I hit some really nice putts today from 8-10 feet. I missed a few 4-5 footers that were head scratchers. A lot of variables in play so it is hard to say why. I am enjoying the look at feel. Next round with be the Cobra. I have a feeling they will alternate well through out the next season.
It will be interesting if you have to decide where you want optimal putter performance.

It will be interesting if you have to decide where you want optimal putter performance.
I’m thinking the answer overall will be in a different model putter. Has to be a middle ground doesn’t there?

@hedley_lamarr08 any updates on the putter battle?
Haven’t had them on course much. Putt Out May should be here this week so I can get more of a true practice. WV greens right now are bumpy to say the least. SeeMore is going to have its work cut out for it.

Haven’t had them on course much. Putt Out May should be here this week so I can get more of a true practice. WV greens right now are bumpy to say the least. SeeMore is going to have its work cut out for it.
The Putt Out should be fun. You can get a really large sample size.

This was a 2 putter battle. The SeeMore has been better on line, the Cobra better on distance as time has went on. Enter the Ping Sigma G. I never got rid of it for some reason. It is the mix that seems to be in between the two putters. When you have three putters, you likely have none. Yet.

Has the putt-out arrived? Any of three really seperating themselves here?

Has the putt-out arrived? Any of three really seperating themselves here?

The Sigma G on the Putt Out was much better than both this evening. It will be spring before I can decide. Gotta get to a real green but I can't see it not being a real competitor. It feels like it is exactly in the middle.

The Sigma G on the Putt Out was much better than both this evening. It will be spring before I can decide. Gotta get to a real green but I can't see it not being a real competitor. It feels like it is exactly in the middle.
Sounds like three good months to really see which one you like inside 10’.

Sounds like three good months to really see which one you like inside 10’.

Outside of 10 feet my expectations are just have less than 2 feet. I don't expect many makes. 1 to 2 of 10 maybe. If my lag putting is well my scores are high 70s. When putting is bad I get big big numbers.

I have intentionally not picked up a club this week and am going to do some putting drills. Part of me says just go get fit for a blue Mizuno.

1.5 hours of putting. I pull the Cobra left. It requires some manipulation to avoid it. Miss with the SeeMore seems to always be a slight push. Ping I get a little of both but the lefts aren’t as pronounced as the Cobra.

After more drills today: My heart says Cobra, my head says SeeMore, feel says Ping.

A little pre work putting today I think I’ve discovered my problem. I get flippy with my wrist. Counterbalance? Give me some ideas. Claw grip? Lead hand low?

A little pre work putting today I think I’ve discovered my problem. I get flippy with my wrist. Counterbalance? Give me some ideas. Claw grip? Lead hand low?
don't be flippy. firm wrists

I put my index finger down the grip with my right hand to reduce the limp wrists lol

I’m thinking maybe a bigger grip or change my grip.

Back