Bag Boy Nitron Push Cart

Good point... hang in garage and travel bag stays in car - or hoist the travel bag and cart up on top shelf in the garage.

Should I ask to fill my sand bottle or just take the contents of one on a cart?
I have asked the cart guys to fill and sometimes I do take sand from a cart and fill up. I have never had to dump out the bottle as I fill the back 9 par 3's tee boxes with a lot of sand.

AE6E8B78-FCE8-4262-B435-1A27EA794C13.jpeg
Enjoyed another day of walking 18 with the Nitron.

My kids love their Nitrons but bought the umbrella holder accessory and while it’s an improvement over the holder it comes with, it does not lock into place and falls over easily even hand tightened as much as possible. Anyone else experience that? Or better yet found a solution or a superior holder?

My kids love their Nitrons but bought the umbrella holder accessory and while it’s an improvement over the holder it comes with, it does not lock into place and falls over easily even hand tightened as much as possible. Anyone else experience that? Or better yet found a solution or a superior holder?
I have not for my umbrella holder - frankly I just don't use it. It's to short for me to be under and it's at a weird angle for me.

Did my inaugural run with the Nitron yesterday evening. Only did 9 holes but it was a very pleasant experience. Bag opened and closed like it should. Cell phone holder was great. Had to rearrange my clubs to accommodate my beverage in the cup holder but that’s about it. Got compliments from my buddy who uses a 3.5. Overall very happy with the purchase!

My first round with a Top Lok bag on the Nitron. Wow so good. The bag didn't move and I was able to remove the upper strap to lock bag in.

My first round with a Top Lok bag on the Nitron. Wow so good. The bag didn't move and I was able to remove the upper strap to lock bag in.
I've got the quad, but the toplok is unreal. Took the straps off, they're completely unnecessary.

I did post this in the ZTF thread but Top Lok is awesome. Hanging the Nitron with a Top Lok bag attached to it. Any other bag would of fell off. :ROFLMAO:

16821006540838831080249059696024.jpg

after using a Nitron for about 4 years, I have turned it over and had my bag come out of top loc BUT the cause is a heavy sand bottle I carry under the console. as long as the weight is down low, I have never seen a problem

I’ve gotten in plenty rounds this year so far with my Nitron and the Top-Lok is so nice to have in both setup and take down. The amenities that the cart offers make it great as the console holds my valuables. The one thing I still get caught up on is the brake mechanism.

I won this little contraption at Budget Golf Championship so will put on the Nitron for my next round. I don't typically need to charge anything but maybe will look at a GPS app and see how it keeps phone charged.

16850230116603844282239750691382.jpg

I won this little contraption at Budget Golf Championship so will put on the Nitron for my next round. I don't typically need to charge anything but maybe will look at a GPS app and see how it keeps phone charged.

View attachment 9181839

They suck...........the solar doesn't work for anything, and the charge doesn't last at all.....only a 2000MAH battery.

I just removed mine, and replaced it with a 10000mah battery back that last many rounds keeping my phone display on for 18birdies.

I’ve gotten in plenty rounds this year so far with my Nitron and the Top-Lok is so nice to have in both setup and take down. The amenities that the cart offers make it great as the console holds my valuables. The one thing I still get caught up on is the brake mechanism.
As a long-time advocate of BB and Top-Lok, I will warn people about just two things.

One, as you point out, is the brake mechanism. I had an old BB Automatic (no Top-Lok) on which the cable snapped and I could NOT get a replacement part from BB because the cart was too old (I think their limit is 5-6 years).

Two, on my two year-old Nitron (used with a Datrek bag with Top-Lok) two screws started to come out on one of the braces to the wheels (this one was the right, the side with the braking piston/mechanism). The nuts had fallen out from the underside of the brace and it was impossible to find replacements at the local hardware store (they had to be of a small enough size to fit into a mould which was supposed to prevent them from turning). Dynamic Brands would NOT sell me the nuts, they insisted on selling me the whole right wheel brace unit, which fortunately cost only $10 w/shipping (surprisingly). However, without going into details, trying to get the nuts into the moulds so I could tighten the screws was a literal nightmare. I have loads of screwdrivers of all sorts and sizes, but it seems that the cart was built to require the use of special tools. Regardless, I eventually managed to tighten everything up.

Moral: Periodically check the screws on the Nitron to make sure they haven't come loose (regardless of how old your cart is).

Walked this past weekend and use the cart. Thankfully, I will be back to walking most my rounds again. It is such a more enjoyable way to play and the Nitron makes it quick and easy to use.

They suck...........the solar doesn't work for anything, and the charge doesn't last at all.....only a 2000MAH battery.

I just removed mine, and replaced it with a 10000mah battery back that last many rounds keeping my phone display on for 18birdies.
Solar on that small of a frame will never work well. One of my old backpacking cubes has a solar panel on it - you may be able to get an emergency 3% charge or something to call out for help if it's dead.

I’ve got 35-40 rounds on my Nitro now and it still works just fine. Take it out every weekend and walk 18 in the morning, and I’m able to get around in 2 1/2 hrs. Love that it has everything I need right in front of me with the console right there.

Yeah the solar charger wasn't very good. I charged it up all the way and then walked around. On the back nine I decided to see if it would charge my phone and it would charge but then it would stop. I dunno, maybe I need to read the instructions. I also had to pivot it pretty far away from console so the lid could open. Probably won't try it any further.

So I really do love my Nitron but my biggest complaint is the room between a larger tumbler and the clubs. I really wish there was like a 3D printed extension that would slide into the top lock of the cart and push the top of your bag out another 6" or so like the Tour Bag Kit of the ClicGear. I actually went to a Bag Boy Revolver bag to try and help this but it isn't enough. Otherwise I LOVE the easy of use for this cart. So light, easy to fold/unfold, and Top Lock is awesome! Come on Bag Boy Accessories!

So I really do love my Nitron but my biggest complaint is the room between a larger tumbler and the clubs. I really wish there was like a 3D printed extension that would slide into the top lock of the cart and push the top of your bag out another 6" or so like the Tour Bag Kit of the ClicGear. I actually went to a Bag Boy Revolver bag to try and help this but it isn't enough. Otherwise I LOVE the easy of use for this cart. So light, easy to fold/unfold, and Top Lock is awesome! Come on Bag Boy Accessories!
You could always use a clicgear accessory

I have one and absolutely love it. It folds up nice and small for storage.
It is stable, maneuverable and durable.
I have had mine for about 3 years and have had no issues

I understand I'm being overly critical but they are two things that made me switch from clicgear to the Nitron. When using the clicgear drink holder the beer always sloshes and spills (yet too small to hold my big tumbler), yet the built in Nitron cup holder is awesome, doesn't spill my beer and holds my big tumbler but when the tumbler is there the clubs get hung up on it and it won't fit on the side.

Walking again in the morning. This may push me into finally making a purchase.

After a brutally hot and humid round, I accepted the fact in my upper 50s carrying affects performance, so I got a Nitron. The first 18 went well, with a couple of observations:

- Great design, and this is coming from an engineer. Much easier than the swivel model my wife uses.
- The drink holder has now been baptized with Long Drink. It sloshes a bit ;)
- My bag drink holder (Hoofer) is really useful with the pushcart. Better place for a water bottle - when standing by the cart it is easier to reach than behind the clubs.
- Rangefinder access. I have now attached, with 2-sided tape, steel mounting plates under the lift door on each side. My magnetic rangefinder is much easier to access. For my small circular speaker a washer, painted black, is over the left umbrella attachment mount. Hat tip @erock9174 in this thread.
- While my back isn’t as tired, the pushing does stress the glutes when going uphill. There is no free lunch.
-Phone holder: user error, I forgot the strap and now have to replace the screen protector. I really don’t need my phone out anyway.

Overall I liked using the Nitron, and it will be my go to for hot rounds (or wet, carrying and managing an umbrella is always a challenge).

Back