Baltimore Francis Scott Key Bridge Collapses

Mmaynard11

Grandaddy Captain Alumni
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
This just popped up on my Apple News..

This just popped up on my Apple News..
The video of the bridge collapsing is insane and scary. Boat seemed to be having power issues.

Listened to it on the radio. 30 bridge workers unaccounted for in addition to all the vehicles as well.

I saw this and the container ship sailed straight into the column and didn't try to avoid it. I wonder if someone feel asleep bc I would hate to think it was deliberate.

I saw this and the container ship sailed straight into the column and didn't try to avoid it. I wonder if someone feel asleep bc I would hate to think it was deliberate.
Looks like the ship was having issues. Not sure if someone fell asleep but supposedly the ship just started heading out.

:cry:

Wow

Been all over the local news this morning. Terrible situation :(

Holy crap. That is crazy!

Terrifying video.

oh man, tough to see

That is absolutely terrifying.

Saw it as soon as I came downstairs this morning. Horrifying.

Holy crap. Reading more about it now. Not good

If you weren't aware, this bridge is part of the outer beltway around Baltimore (695) & is a major thoroughfare for ships to get in & out of Baltimore Harbor. Including cruise ships .... one of which my brother is on currently in the Bahamas. He sailed out of Baltimore on Sunday afternoon. Uhhh .... he may be disembarking in a 'different' port of call now. This will take quite a while to rebuild. Not to mention the backlog it's going to create on freight in & out of Baltimore. :eek:

1711453072275.png

If you weren't aware, this bridge is part of the outer beltway around Baltimore (695) & is a major thoroughfare for ships to get in & out of Baltimore Harbor. Including cruise ships .... one of which my brother is on currently in the Bahamas. He sailed out of Baltimore on Sunday afternoon. Uhhh .... he may be disembarking in a 'different' port of call now. This will take quite a while to rebuild. Not to mention the backlog it's going to create on freight in & out of Baltimore. :eek:

View attachment 9251646
They may be able to clear the channel for freight movement quicker than we’d guess.

That video is terrifying

New fear unlocked.

Thoughts are with those who had no chance at avoiding going in the water.

Terrible scenes with the sun coming up

Thats so damn scary to see

Ship lost propulsion and was in a no control drift.

So sad. I use that bridge a lot in my travels to the DMV area.

Back