BBQ and Outdoor Cooking Thread

Attachments

• FA5F604A-821E-4871-A59E-03E5D2F7B66D.jpeg
    FA5F604A-821E-4871-A59E-03E5D2F7B66D.jpeg
    179.1 KB · Views: 30
On your all's recommendation, have some 'Dino Ribs' coming today from Porter Road. I have been doing a little online looking as to prep methods but wondered if those of you who've got experience with them have any recommendations?

Most of the online 'recipes' I've seen just recommend a light seasoning (either with salt/pepper or a favorite rub) and then some combination of low and slow indirect smoking for 5 hours or more. Some recommend a foil wrap (with or without liquid), some don't, Interestingly enough, none included a BBQ sauce at all.

Would love some thoughts for a first timer. Yabadabbadoo!

My way of doing them is almost like a brisket, except for the injection. I use salt and pepper a little brown sugar some chili powder and paprika. Wet the ribs,(peanut oil ,water or a little hot sauce) put the rub on, wait about 1/2 hour and smoke at 275* for 3 hours. Take them off and foil with some liquid(beef broth or, apple juice or, beer). Another 2 hours and check with probe for a temp of 205*. The probe should glide in with hardly any resistance. Let stand for 15 min. when you take them off the smoker. Should take about 5 hours time. I sometimes sauce them, but lately I haven't and they're just as good.

@buckeyewalt Thanks for the info. I assume you smoke the whole slab and then slice into rib servings after it’s done?

@buckeyewalt Thanks for the info. I assume you smoke the whole slab and then slice into rib servings after it’s done?
Yes, I don't slice them until they're done, otherwise they'll be lopsided on the smoker and wouldn't get a even coating of rub...you probably want to know how I knew...well🙌

Recteq pizzas tonight.
C5277AFB-E339-459F-8FF7-BB4F22348864.jpegC47450AA-DC3C-4170-8D17-BDD17982CEF2.jpeg041C6E50-80E9-4185-8A94-5F1C229A7182.jpeg

Looks amazing!

Grilled chicken thighs tonight and used them in chicken tacos. (y)
The grill is instrumental to my survival. Without it, I may starve. :eek::cool:

Little late lunch on the Rec Tec w/ some flatbread, left over BBQ chicken breast, chopped pickled jalapeños, mozzarella & parmesan cheese.

ECBE9A35-B3B2-48FF-9B69-1215BB2A19A5.jpeg

On your all's recommendation, have some 'Dino Ribs' coming today from Porter Road. I have been doing a little online looking as to prep methods but wondered if those of you who've got experience with them have any recommendations?

Most of the online 'recipes' I've seen just recommend a light seasoning (either with salt/pepper or a favorite rub) and then some combination of low and slow indirect smoking for 5 hours or more. Some recommend a foil wrap (with or without liquid), some don't, Interestingly enough, none included a BBQ sauce at all.

Would love some thoughts for a first timer. Yabadabbadoo!
I season them like a brisket. Heavy salt and pepper. Maybe some chili/red pepper and a little sugar. 5-6 hours at 225-250. No foil for me most of the time. Only if I am stalling. No sauce for me either.

Got a Blackstone 36 inch for my birthday about a month ago and I'm in love!!!!

I’m doing a pork belly this weekend. Any tips for my first go? Not going for bacon on this try as I have another one from the pig I had butchered to try to cure my own bacon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Watch I ng first episode of Chefs Table BBQ during some lunch and I'm staaaaaarving looking at this deliciousness

Succumbed to the craving.. didn't cook it, but it sure was delicious
20200904_180744.jpg

Just took a 9 lb boston butt off the egg to rest, took it to stall at 165 then wrapped it with some peach nectar until it hit 200 internal. had to try a couple of tester bites when taking out the probe and it is great.

Super tender and we could not taste the peach but it was so good, maybe after it is pulled and cools a bit it will be a bit sweet. But this pork will not need sauce.

This was a hormone free, free range pork and took right at 10 hrs @ 225

The pizza was amazing. My favorite was the margarita pizza.
View attachment 8960909

One of the things we always do on pizza night is some bread sticks. Take one dough ball, flattened out, put olive oil and fresh rosemary on it, and cook it up nice. Great stuff.

Got two racks. Putting them on the smoker tomorrow. Thinking 225 for 5-6 hours.

Anyone get them and smoke them yet?

Yes. I did mine for around 5 hours total as you are planning. I foiled for the last hour with a beer/worcestershire/beef boullion marinade. I added some BBQ sauce at the end which next time I would forego as I think it actually detracted from the beef itself. Hope they turn out great. These things are HUGE for anyone who wants to try in the future.

Last edited:
1599399348962.jpeg
Will be much more to come between today and tomorrow. Two smokers going, the 26" Weber, and the flat top. Lots of outdoor eats this weekend.

Yes. I did mine for around 5 hours total as you are planning. I foiled for the last hour with a beer/worcestershire/beef boullion marinade. I added some BBQ sauce at the end which next time I would forego as I think it actually detracted from the beef itself. Hope they turn out great. These things are HUGE for anyone who wants to try in the future.

Yeah. Not planning on any bbq sauce. Probably will spritz with Apple juice and apple cider through my the day and I’m going to keep a pan under them for the juices for when I wrap them.

Back