BBQ and Outdoor Cooking Thread

Turned out perfect. I had stopped putting in a pan with apple juice at 160° to finish but need to do that every time from now on! IMG_4634.jpeg

Turned out perfect. I had stopped putting in a pan with apple juice at 160° to finish but need to do that every time from now on! View attachment 9257408
This looks amazing!! Doyou make your own BBQ sauce? If not, what's your go-to store bought brand?

Can't wait til i bust out the smoker for the season.... can't wait to make batch of Carolina bbq sauce (mustard based) for at least one batch of 'Cue this year. Always forget to put that one out for guests (and myself) and end up kicking myself afterwards!

This looks amazing!! Doyou make your own BBQ sauce? If not, what's your go-to store bought brand?

Can't wait til i bust out the smoker for the season.... can't wait to make batch of Carolina bbq sauce (mustard based) for at least one batch of 'Cue this year. Always forget to put that one out for guests (and myself) and end up kicking myself afterwards!
Thanks

We buy that sauce in Madison WI and is our favorite

Cooked hamburgers and hotdogs for the family. So excited for the warm weather and extra grilling opportunities

Hard to smoke with only my wife and I but I find a way. I cut a Rack of Lamb into smaller racks, freeze what I don't use, and smoke what we can eat and my wife only has a couple bites if that. Smoked on a MAK Two Star using the flame zone. Half uncovered for the direct heat sear at 450F, finished on indirect heat over the covered side. So good I didn't use a sauce that most Lamb dish recipes call for.

Lamb_Smoker1.jpgLamb_Smoker2.jpgSmoked_Rack_of_Lamb_cut.jpg

IMG_6483.jpeg

IMG_6484.jpeg

1714057459534.png

Just came the other day....Recteq Deck Boss 590. It's going to be a fun summer!!

I have not used a flat-top but really like my asparagus crunchy still, so I would have tossed them on VERY late in the game, after everything else was done. Other than that, it looks fantastic!
I agree, they needed less cooking 👍🏼

I agree, they needed less cooking 👍🏼
My wife taught me, cook everything and crank the heat up. Once hot toss them in for 30-40 seconds, flip (as best as possible), 40 seconds more and pull!

My wife taught me, cook everything and crank the heat up. Once hot toss them in for 30-40 seconds, flip (as best as possible), 40 seconds more and pull!
Will try that next time. Thanks! 👍🏼

I love using my fire pit when I don't want to use my grill or smoker. I found a folding grill grate thay fits perfectly. I'll burn a fire down using oak and hickory, and start cooking. Filets, lobster, and asparagus on the fire pit a few weekends ago.

FB_IMG_1713049345472.jpgFB_IMG_1713049325796.jpg

Hard to smoke with only my wife and I but I find a way.
I can completely relate! We plan multiple meals with whatever I cook and even when cooking steak, I’ll usually cook 4 at a time. We’re fine with reheating. I reverse sear my steaks, putting some smoke on them at 225° on the Kamado until internal temp hits 125-130°. Let them rest in a garlic and herb butter bath, then sear them with the sear burner on my gasser. Medium rare plus, edge to edge. Just cooked some last night - prime filets. Even at $40/lb, our total was under $60 for 2, including a Meiomi Pinot Noir. And better than any steakhouse, without worrying about driving home.

Resting in the butter bath after smoking.

1714172584180.jpeg

Served with baked sweet potato

1714172635770.jpeg

I can completely relate! We plan multiple meals with whatever I cook and even when cooking steak, I’ll usually cook 4 at a time. We’re fine with reheating. I reverse sear my steaks, putting some smoke on them at 225° on the Kamado until internal temp hits 125-130°. Let them rest in a garlic and herb butter bath, then sear them with the sear burner on my gasser. Medium rare plus, edge to edge. Just cooked some last night - prime filets. Even at $40/lb, our total was under $60 for 2, including a Meiomi Pinot Noir. And better than any steakhouse, without worrying about driving home.

View attachment 9260970

View attachment 9260971
I gotta try that butter bath before I sear the filets 😍

View attachment 9260970

View attachment 9260971

April 22nd was a special day. I went to B&E Meats, asked them to cut me a 2 inch thick Prime Ribeye, 1.65 pounds, smoked at 225 until IT of just over 110, moved to the propane grill for a reverse sear over the Infrared burner. I finish at a little lower finished temperature than you but not much. The steak rendered down a bit during the reverse sear stage due to amazing marbling and the steak melted in my mouth. Enough left over for steak and eggs with hashbrowns the next two days.

Ribeye.jpeg

Love summer bbqing and food
1000006516.jpg

Back