BBQ and Outdoor Cooking Thread

That's a spread - looks like you throw nice backyard get togethers!

Now that you have a griddle - you should check out Ballistic Burgers / Ballistic BBQ on Youtube for his videos. While he isn't the greatest at presenting, I love his content.

It is funny. I am making all of these plans for Easter and talking to my 20 yo/18 yo kids about menu. All they care about is if I am making the smoked honey butter for the rolls. I wish everything else on the menu was as easy and universally loved 😂

It is funny. I am making all of these plans for Easter and talking to my 20 yo/18 yo kids about menu. All they care about is if I am making the smoked honey butter for the rolls. I wish everything else on the menu was as easy and universally loved 😂
Tell them they need to be making it!

Tell them they need to be making it!
My Easter smoked honey butter is a trademark and they think it is wizardry. In reality, it is quite simple. This is before I put in the tray to firm up. I will send a picture of the finished product tomorrow. It looks like frosting, but it is just butter for our rolls.
image.jpg

My Easter smoked honey butter is a trademark and they think it is wizardry. In reality, it is quite simple. This is before I put in the tray to firm up. I will send a picture of the finished product tomorrow. It looks like frosting, but it is just butter for our rolls.
View attachment 9252696
I can't be the only one wondering about the recipe?!?!?!?!

I can't be the only one wondering about the recipe?!?!?!?!
It is 1/2 cup of smoked honey (you can buy it, but I smoke my own) and 1.5 cups (3 sticks) of softened unsalted butter blended with salt to taste (start with 1/4 teaspoon).

You can make it more or less sweet to your taste. I thin put it in a silicone mold in freezer to make cubes and will slice into pats tomorrow while frozen and leave out to soften. Leave what you don’t need in freezer.

I only color some of it at Easter with some gel dye (I leave the rest uncolored in freezer as cubes). Just separate into four colors in bowls and spoon it in at random and lightly stir to make it a swirl effect.

It takes me longer to type it than to make it.

It is 1/2 cup of smoked honey (you can buy it, but I smoke my own) and 1.5 cups (3 sticks) of softened unsalted butter blended with salt to taste (start with 1/4 teaspoon).

You can make it more or less sweet to your taste. I thin put it in a silicone mold in freezer to make cubes and will slice into pats tomorrow while frozen and leave out to soften. Leave what you don’t need in freezer.

I only color some of it at Easter with some gel dye (I leave the rest uncolored in freezer as cubes). Just separate into four colors in bowls and spoon it in at random and lightly stir to make it a swirl effect.

It takes me longer to type it than to make it.
How do you smoke the honey?

How do you smoke the honey?
Use a glass pan at 180 degrees on my Traeger. It needs to be below 200 so it doesn’t boil. I usually smoke it for 2 hours to just give it a light smoke flavor.

I usually smoke 1 cup at a time in an 8x8 glass dish

• On Fire
Reactions: Bus
View attachment 9252696
This is just crazy wizardry

Use a glass pan at 180 degrees on my Traeger. It needs to be below 200 so it doesn’t boil. I usually smoke it for 2 hours to just give it a light smoke flavor.

I usually smoke 1 cup at a time in an 8x8 glass dish
I will say, I have never thought to smoke honey. I have smoked eggs (hard boiled but just smoked) and flour, but never honey.
I have also seen smoked sugar and salt.

I will say, I have never thought to smoke honey. I have smoked eggs (hard boiled but just smoked) and flour, but never honey.
I have also seen smoked sugar and salt.
Smoke salt is awesome

I started cutting it when it was a tad too frozen, so it started breaking. But it still turned out well.IMG_0384.jpeg

NOICE! That looks fantastic!

Had a chicken we need to cook today so injected with Cajun Creole Butter and smoked on the Recteq IMG_5884.jpeg

Grilled up a couple nice thick bone in my strips, so damn good
1000006302.jpg

Put a pork butt on the Recteq at 200° last night

It's at 145° now. Put it in a pan with apple juice to finish up while I golf IMG_6228.jpeg

Back