BBQ and Outdoor Cooking Thread

Started a shoulder on the traeger, does it matter where you put the meat inside the smoker? Currently I place in the middle and have a water pan to help keep some moisture for bark.

Started a shoulder on the traeger, does it matter where you put the meat inside the smoker? Currently I place in the middle and have a water pan to help keep some moisture for bark.
I’m of the opinion on a Traeger it doesn’t really make a huge difference. The point of the pellet cooker is the temp stays consistent. It’s basically an oven that emits smoke.

You might rotate the meat a quarter turn every hour if you have slight temp variations but it shouldn’t matter.

Last edited:
Got this 22" Blackstone today. Looking forward to finding out what all the hype is about IMG_5099.jpeg

Frustrated with all the rain as I want to grill. We've got smoked bbq chicken on the grilling menu for the next time we get a nice evening

Love my Blackstone, can literally cook anything on it!
Did burgers last night with sautéed onions and jalapeños. Very simple and fast. Will refine them a bit but really liked it IMG_5175.jpegIMG_5176.jpeg

Frustrated with all the rain as I want to grill. We've got smoked bbq chicken on the grilling menu for the next time we get a nice evening

You need to build something like this.

PXL_20220724_010900942.MP.jpg

I am cooking some wings on the Traeger soon. Haven’t done so in awhile and the college kids are home for spring break and requested them.

Pretty easy. I out rub and cornstarch on them last night and leave in the fridge to dry out. Then 350 for an hour and they crisp up. I don’t sauce them until after, and today I have so many requests on flavors, I am just serving sauce on the side. I may hit them all with a little sauce for presentation.

IMG_0303.jpeg

Got this 22" Blackstone today. Looking forward to finding out what all the hype is about View attachment 9246359
I’ve wanted one for a while. They’re awesome for summer time, or all year round if you have the warmer weather. So many more things you can cook compared to a traditional grill

Actually cooked a frozen pizza on my Weber tonite. First time trying it. Was amazed at how good it was.

Actually cooked a frozen pizza on my Weber tonite. First time trying it. Was amazed at how good it was.
What temp & how long? This sounds interesting but I'm wondering if the crust got crunchy, all the pizza type things

Wings were good IMG_0304.jpeg

What temp & how long? This sounds interesting but I'm wondering if the crust got crunchy, all the pizza type things
Preheated to 375-400 and then put in right on grill and left it at that for 10 minutes. It was very thin pizza (Cape Cod Pizza) and it was frozen. Crust was crispy. Perfect!!

Looks like we are grilling tomorrow night. Looking forward to it!

I have been travelling for work on Sundays and have been dreaming of lighting my kamado for the last 3 weeks. Hopefully this weekend I can do something...

Back