BBQ Top 10 Cities....I really don't know what to think about this.

Raiderboost

2023 Victory Cup Participant
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Here is a link to a ranking by Chefs Pencil for the top cities for BBQ in the U.S.

Apparently they used ratings from Trip Advisor to make the rankings. Here's my detailed thoughts on this. :unsure::facepalm:
1621006987047.png

I see a serious flaw with no Texas or Tennessee on that list! :confused2:

Morgan and I were laughing so hard at this last night.

Reminds me of when I moved to Michigan looking for good BBQ after my Georgia days. People loved all sorts of options up there, but they had no idea what they were missing 🤣

I saw this on twitter last night and died laughing when someone said "yeah I go to Miami for the brisket scene" :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Well that list is worthless as teets on a bull.

I live in Ohio and pretty close to Columbus.

That’s a sham. You can find good BBQ anywhere, but you’ve gotta look.

You’ve gotta look really f’ing hard in Columbus. Whiskey Tango?

Making a ridiculous food ranking is a great way to get clicks.

I like that Charlotte ranked so high, but this list is trash! So many great bbq restaurants in NC. Just need to ask if you want Lexington or Eastern Carolina style!

Where at in Wichita? Lived here 30 years and don't recall eating any good bbq that wasn't made at home.

I am headed to New Jersey for the #1 Pizza/BBq experience!

When I think of BBQ I think of Seattle.

Here is a link to a ranking by Chefs Pencil for the top cities for BBQ in the U.S.

Apparently they used ratings from Trip Advisor to make the rankings. Here's my detailed thoughts on this. :unsure::facepalm:
View attachment 9007795

BBQ what? Definitely not brisket.....

You need to get out more, BBQ in Cbus is easy, Start at Ray's Ray's hog pit, then go to Red Door, from there B&K Smoke House, then hit up Smoke on High, and finish at Barrel and Boar. There are plenty more but those are my 5 fave's

Lockhart, Tx wouldn't be eligible for this list but I thought this comment hit the mark. Someone posted this on another forum.

Newark? NEWARK? Calling it now- Lockhart (pop: 13,652) alone has more good BBQ places than Newark (pop: 281,054) and Seattle (pop: 724,305) combined.

this list is a joke. The bottom 10 was even worse.

Also according to this the Arizona THP Crew made the wrong choice in choosing Texas over OH and FL because of the stellar BBQ in Columbus and Miami.:ROFLMAO:

Have you ever had Ray Ray's Hog Pit? If you haven't you haven't looked hard enough.

What's next? Telling me I have to go to Ohio and South Dakota for the freshest seafood?? 🤔🙄

Isn't Montgomery Inn in Columbus known for their barbecue?

After a google search I realize it is in Cincinnati.

You need to get out more, BBQ in Cbus is easy, Start at Ray's Ray's hog pit, then go to Red Door, from there B&K Smoke House, then hit up Smoke on High, and finish at Barrel and Boar. There are plenty more but those are my 5 fave's
I've not had some of those. My list frankly starts and stops at Ray Ray's. I've also have Pecan Penny's once or twice and Smoked on High and Barrel and Boar in the past but Ray Ray's holds their own with anyone.

I still wouldn't call Columbus a city known for Barbecue thought.

Back