• Sly

Votes: 8 21.6%

• Total voters

MSEASU

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
IMG_8449.jpeg

Sly all day everyday for me. I’m a huge Rocky fan among other films of his.

For action movies, it's Arnold. Conan, Terminator, Predator, and Commando are better than all of Sly's action movies.

First Blood is good, but it's not Predator.

I am going sly.. I think he did more.

Sly
2 really iconic long term franchise characters. (Rambo, Rocky)

finals campus GIF

I think I'm terms of 'action star' I'm voting Arnold. Body of work and influence probably Sly. Arnold did his thing on screen but Sly writing and doing things off camera and being up for awards for it was impressive.

Last edited:
Arnold for me, but I agree Sly had more iconic franchises.

The governator but points off for knocking up the maid.

terminator ill be back GIF

Sly, Still working it in Tulsa king

If I’m sitting down to watch an 80s action movie it’s probably going to be something from Arnold. They had such a good blend of action and cheesyness that gave a little comedy tone. Sly’s stuff was so serious. That said I’ll watch First Blood anytime it’s on.

I’m taking Stallone.
sylvester stallone winner GIF by Warner Archive

I think I'm terms of 'action star' I'm voting Arnold. Body of work and influence probably Sly. Arnold did his thing on screen but Sly writing and doing things off camera and being up for awards for it was impressive.
This, all of it. Nailed it.

I don't want to choose.... personally I like Arnold's movies better , but I also have to respect everything Stallone did....I mean he's Rocky AND Rambo

You forgot to include the man who doesn’t do pushups, he pushes the earth down…Chuck Norris.

Sly
2 really iconic long term franchise characters. (Rambo, Rocky)
Are Rocky III and IV action movies though? Are they...good?

Rocky is great, but it's a 70s movie. Rocky II, fine but it's a 70s movie. First Blood is a great movie though.

But Conan the Barbarian, Terminator, Conan the Conqueror, Raw Deal, Red Sonja, Predator, Commando, and Running Man...perfection.

Are Rocky III and IV action movies though? Are they...good?

Rocky is great, but it's a 70s movie. Rocky II, fine but it's a 70s movie. First Blood is a great movie though.

But Conan the Barbarian, Terminator, Conan the Conqueror, Raw Deal, Red Sonja, Predator, Commando, and Running Man...perfection.
Love this breakdown! The 70’s throws a huge monkey wrench into my earlier Sly runaway winner logic…

Bruce Willis GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

Ahhhnold gets my vote, I was never much of a Sly fan. Terminator > Rambo.

between those, I gotta give the nod to ahhnold.

I like Stallone's stuff a lot more, but it feels like in the 80s Arnold was the bigger star.

No one comes close to Arnie as far as I’m concerned!

Back