Ben Hogan Edge Irons

They look 1000% better in person! A super forgiving head in a smaller blade size!

Just bumping this thread! Criminally underrated irons!

They really are. Wonderfully forgiving and performing.
I wish there was info available about the “in the works” new Edge irons. Will likely purchase the JPX921 forged or ZX5 forged irons in Q4 this year before Hogan announces the new Edge... I had an old set of Apex Edge irons (2 piece forged) that I loved...

I wish there was info available about the “in the works” new Edge irons. Will likely purchase the JPX921 forged or ZX5 forged irons in Q4 this year before Hogan announces the new Edge... I had an old set of Apex Edge irons (2 piece forged) that I loved...

I’d wait on the Hogan’s. I’m not playing them now because they need a shaft change and I’m too lazy to do it but they were much more forgiving than the 919HM’s I had. They’re every bit as forgiving as the Pings I’m playing. I plan on reshafting them this winter and putting them back into play

Bumping this thread for the Ben Hogan UST Mamiya event!

Interesting to see they're remodeling the Edge for next year...despite the fact I can't hit them with my custom specs, I think I'm going to demo the Edge and PTX Pro's.

Next question... I've consistently been fitted into the DG X100, but that's not an option for the Edge. Should I demo both Edge and PTX Pro with the Tour V in xflex or do Edge in Tour V and PTX in the DG?

Next question... I've consistently been fitted into the DG X100, but that's not an option for the Edge. Should I demo both Edge and PTX Pro with the Tour V in xflex or do Edge in Tour V and PTX in the DG?
I wouldn’t worry about the shaft as much since you will be getting something totally different. Go with something quite stiff though.

one thing to consider. Orders are going to be turned in for build in about 2 weeks or less so keep that in mind for demo programs

I wouldn’t worry about the shaft as much since you will be getting something totally different. Go with something quite stiff though.

one thing to consider. Orders are going to be turned in for build in about 2 weeks or less so keep that in mind for demo programs
So what you're saying is don't wait long to get that demo order in 😃

• Haha
Reactions: JB
Here we go 😬

20200925_082608.jpg

This doesn't seem good...let's go Fed Ex get moving

1601402585620.png

Yes they are smaller than they appear online.

6i to 6i:
D71087C8-5E92-4B4E-BA37-E4631672E34E.jpeg

6i to 7i comp.

2D18103F-FFF4-4E3C-8904-3D9095772E4B.jpeg6F994428-BF93-414A-B3F5-171B5958B2D9.jpeg

Hello gentlemen. I'm new around here but have been a member of other forums. This is the only place where I can find any reviews on Hogan equipment and I'm glad to have found THP. So I'm a bit torn between getting a set of the 2018 Edge and the Ptx Pros. I have hit both models side by side and love both but for different reasons. The Ptx Pros look stunning and I prefer the reduced offset. On the other hand the Edge were slightly softer and seemed a bit longer. Possibly a full club over my gamer J15 DPFs. Here's the rub, my friend's Edges are shafted with recoils while the Pros had KBS 90s in them. I'm thinking the recoils are giving the extra yardage and softer feel but at the expense of workability. I can't knock down the Edges to save my life. My game is progressing and I do have the ability to work the ball, so I fear the Edges may limit me in that regard. So, are you guys playing the Edges able to flight the ball and hit cuts when you need to? Does the foam injection make them softer than the Ptx Pros?

Hello gentlemen. I'm new around here but have been a member of other forums. This is the only place where I can find any reviews on Hogan equipment and I'm glad to have found THP. So I'm a bit torn between getting a set of the 2018 Edge and the Ptx Pros. I have hit both models side by side and love both but for different reasons. The Ptx Pros look stunning and I prefer the reduced offset. On the other hand the Edge were slightly softer and seemed a bit longer. Possibly a full club over my gamer J15 DPFs. Here's the rub, my friend's Edges are shafted with recoils while the Pros had KBS 90s in them. I'm thinking the recoils are giving the extra yardage and softer feel but at the expense of workability. I can't knock down the Edges to save my life. My game is progressing and I do have the ability to work the ball, so I fear the Edges may limit me in that regard. So, are you guys playing the Edges able to flight the ball and hit cuts when you need to? Does the foam injection make them softer than the Ptx Pros?
Can only speak to current Edge, but flighting wasn’t much of an issue.

Back