Ben Hogan Edge Irons

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Coming soon, the Edge irons are back. Priced at under $750 for 4-PW as well.

They are a two piece hollow body construction that uses laser welding on the stainless steel forging. There is extra perimeter weighting for an increase in forgiveness, but it is hidden by the design.

ben-hogan-edge-irons-2.jpg

Did they completely abandon putting the lofts on the irons?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

That badge just has a really cheap and "old" look to it (compared to other offerings in the marketplace)

That satin tho.....

That badge just has a really cheap and "old" look to it (compared to other offerings in the marketplace)
I think given the brand name and the nostalgia it creates for many, that was likely done on purpose.

The satin finish really put these over the top. Big fan of the look of this and it sucks they sold off the Apex name because being able to re release a set of Apex Edge irons would be awesome

I think given the brand name and the nostalgia it creates for many, that was likely done on purpose.

Perhaps, but they look out of place, even on their web site. The others (granted they are older offerings) look clean and less "cheap"

Call is nostalgia, I'll call it nauseous

I think I liked the looks of the original Edge irons better but time will tell if they made any real improvements!

The Edge irons were not my favorite but I think they did a good job creating a new version.

They have a look to them, maybe its the cavity badgd color, but it reminds me of the old school Apex irons.

Eh not my favorite.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Those are clean, would gladly take a few swipes.

Different angle. It's a nod to nostalgia, but I don't know if it moves the needle at all. I agree that the BH badge looks dated.
Something about the"edge" font clashes with the rest of it.
f271df97f4d1455be55af9bd903b88ff.jpg

These just don't strike me as a pretty iron like the previous irons released under the Ben Hogan name. I look forward to reading about their performance regardless but first impressions aren't reeling me in at all.

There are some gorgeous and high performing 2-piece hollow irons on the market so these have their work cut out for them. The price is on point though and could be the x-factor.

Perhaps, but they look out of place, even on their web site. The others (granted they are older offerings) look clean and less "cheap"

I guess I just don't see cheap with the badging, just looks like a throwback design to me.

Given the price points, it's what I expected.

I guess I just don't see cheap with the badging, just looks like a throwback design to me.

Given the price points, it's what I expected.
I don't see cheap, just dated. A little redesign to make it look more modern could have been cool. You didn't see w/s rolling out irons with this shield on it when they tried to regain market share.

68cb61962d3b87b6932e5bd393ded213.jpg

Brings back a lot of great memories of my favorite iron set ever - Apex Edge Pro. Would absolutely love to give these a try. That price for forged irons is quite nice in today's marketplace.

I was one that loved the little circular badge the PTX irons had and it definitely looked way better than this.

Satin looks good and I like that they went back to the iron numbers instead of lofts, but otherwise just ok.

i wonder if you took away what we know has gone on with the company over the last 12-18 months, whether we would feel differently about them. personally i think they look really good. nothing about them makes me want to jump up and go hit them immediately, but i think the design looks very clean.

Not a huge fan of what's going on in the cavity, but that finish is what I look for! Curious to see how they perform and they seem like a good price point for the risk/reward to possibly be worth it for some.

Really unsure of this brand. I don't see my generation of youth golfers who grew up playing this brand, or the current youth generation bagging these.

Maybe the price point is enough to drive sales. Good luck to em.

They look better than I expected.

I think they could have found a better color than the dirty yellow/gold they used for the logo, but other than that, it's a good looking iron.

Per the Hogan website, the V-sole is still there, but it's been modified to reduce digging. The set also features graduated face thickness. Thinnest in the long irons to thickest in the scoring irons.

The top line looks relatively thin, but there appears to be more offset than some will care for.

I plan on ordering a demo iron to see how they perform.

Back