Ben Hogan Golf is Back?

PowerThrust

Reaction score
Handicap
Just read an article at My Golf Spy that Been Hogan Golf is Back in business.

Yeah, article said they still have some of the old stock and will be coming out with new, but we'll see I guess.

Tell Me More Jeff Goldblum GIF by National Geographic Channel

Heard about this on a podcast yesterday. I will certainly be interested when they start to sell the existing stock. Will be interested to see how they do it after that. If they stamp the name on blanks like they do with their Ram clubs, I will not be happy. Likewise if they do it like their McGregor brand where the price looks good up front until you see there are upcharges for every shaft and grip they offer. As a huge Hogan fan, I will certainly be following this closely.

They had such great irons most recently, I wish they could make it.

Waiting for our sooth sayer to chime in (@JB) ?

Waiting for our sooth sayer to chime in (@JB) ?
Hahah.
As the person that actually broke the story that they were gone (then copied by everybody else with no credit given), yes they are gone.
THe name only is being licensed currently by an office. This same office that is doing it with Ram, Zebra, Macgregor, etc. Its not a company in that there isn't R&D or marketing team or anything. In fact I can say they contracted some out (to a friend of mine) and went with a less expensive option in my opinion.

But they can place another licensed name on an inexpensive product and it adds some merit to it.

Hahah.
As the person that actually broke the story that they were gone (then copied by everybody else with no credit given), yes they are gone.
THe name only is being licensed currently by an office. This same office that is doing it with Ram, Zebra, Macgregor, etc. Its not a company in that there isn't R&D or marketing team or anything. In fact I can say they contracted some out (to a friend of mine) and went with a less expensive option in my opinion.

But they can place another licensed name on an inexpensive product and it adds some merit to it.
So they don’t own the IP? I would have thought they acquired that if they are moving the old inventory.

Hahah.

Hulu Fx GIF by Reservation Dogs

Whatever the latest iteration of Ben Hogan owned the rights to.
The irons? There wouldn't have been IP there, so the inventory can certainly be sold off.
In either instance, any IP would most likely be owned by the owner of the name in PEI, so that wouldn't impact this.

The irons? There wouldn't have been IP there, so the inventory can certainly be sold off.
In either instance, any IP would most likely be owned by the owner of the name in PEI, so that wouldn't impact this.
I guess I don’t know how all this stuff works. Prior BH had in-house R&D, right? The new guys will sell through the prior inventory, ignore the R&D, and then proceed to sell new and inferior catalog goods with BH stamped on them?

I guess I don’t know how all this stuff works. Prior BH had in-house R&D, right? The new guys will sell through the prior inventory, ignore the R&D, and then proceed to sell new and inferior catalog goods with BH stamped on them?
They did. Having R&D doesn't necessarily mean patents. You can work with in existing framework and still have a new club line. But even if they had them, they would be owned by the same company as the owner of Ben Hogan Golf has not changed.

Back