Well, this is the most confidence I've had with irons in a very long time. I was a hot mess off the tee today which didn't leave me with as many opportunities to use these as I would like but I think I hit all but one of the greens I used the ICON's on today.

Today I was impressed with how well shots low on the face performed. To me you definitely feel more feedback on those than other recent sets, you know you hit it thin. It's not jarring on the hands but they aren't as absorbing of the shock.

The course was really soaked which I'm sure played in to it but I actually backed a couple of shots up and that's something that I never do. Actually the last set I could do that with were the original PTx. I continue to see a beautiful little draw and a perfect mid flight which has been perfect in the recent windy conditions.

I know it's still really early in the experiment with this set but the thought crossed my mind on the 16th hole today that these may be sneaking their way on to my favorite iron set ever list.

Getting ready for 18 this morning. Mentioned it earlier, but this course places a pretty good emphasis on iron play because the greens are large, but you need to in the proper position to score well. I’m hoping to see some of the same distance and directional control I have experienced during my last round and range session.

You two continue to kill it in here. GIVE ME MORE!

Time for some darts, Dean!

I have yet to hit these. Hope to soon.

Getting ready for 18 this morning. Mentioned it earlier, but this course places a pretty good emphasis on iron play because the greens are large, but you need to in the proper position to score well. I’m hoping to see some of the same distance and directional control I have experienced during my last round and range session.
Time for 4i rippers!

Last night I was going through my round again and remembered one shot where I noticed the lack of forgiveness. It was a layup shot on a goofy par 5. I hit it a little chunky, contact was a little high on the face and I lost more distance than I would expect from a set like my i210's. In a moment like that the combo set would be beneficial.

Last night I was going through my round again and remembered one shot where I noticed the lack of forgiveness. It was a layup shot on a goofy par 5. I hit it a little chunky, contact was a little high on the face and I lost more distance than I would expect from a set like my i210's. In a moment like that the combo set would be beneficial.
Those shots are why I went combo. They font happen for me much from 8i down so I’m confident I’ll be fine there with the ICONs, but 7 and up is where it’s def nice to have a little more cushion.

Reactions: KEV
Those shots are why I went combo. They font happen for me much from 8i down so I’m confident I’ll be fine there with the ICONs, but 7 and up is where it’s def nice to have a little more cushion.
I know there's a whole other thread with all kinds of interesting conversation on the topic but I think that's what 95% of the golfing population should probably go with. I know I would probably benefit from it long term.

Do we want to be penalized for bad swings? I think there’s two ways of honestly answering that.

Do we want to be penalized for bad swings? I think there’s two ways of honestly answering that.
Bad swings will be penalized no matter what club you play. The extent of the penalty just varies based on the design.

I know there's a whole other thread with all kinds of interesting conversation on the topic but I think that's what 95% of the golfing population should probably go with. I know I would probably benefit from it long term.
I’m excited, I’ve taken crap for it in the past, but I always play irons that are a little more demanding better.

Bad swings will be penalized no matter what club you play. The extent of the penalty just varies based on the design.
Very true. There’s a rabbit hole argument this leads down, but it’s a holiday and I don’t have the desire. 😂

Man I’m hitting these decent minus one fatted shoot. Score is not reflecting it though. Greens are rock hard and I feel like I’ve had nothing but downhill fast putts. Which hasn’t been pretty.

I don't mind being penalized for bad swings, hate being penalized for good swings. #nofliers

I don't mind being penalized for bad swings, hate being penalized for good swings. #nofliers
Man, being real, I’ve still only seen one set ever with true fliers, and that was the Burner 2.0’s. I think a lot of shots get called fliers when they’re either just great strikes or something gets between the ball and face in which they get a jumper that should happen in that case.

I’m absolutely PRAYING for an early week shipping notice on these. ❤❤❤

I’m absolutely PRAYING for an early week shipping notice on these. ❤❤❤
I don't blame you man. These things are addicting to hit. I've been thinking a couple timestoday about when I can get them back out.

So @ddec were there some successfully 4 irons hit again yesterday?

I really want to be good enough to play these or at least a combo set. Goals for 2020.

3 weeks down. This week has GOT to be the week. :unsure:

Reactions: KEV
I really want to be good enough to play these or at least a combo set. Goals for 2020.
One of the things I don't want to do is sound like a salesperson and only spew out positive thoughts. With that said I'm going to throw out a positive thought :ROFLMAO:.

Now I've never hit blades before and maybe that's why I thought they would be so tough to hit but I've really been surprised by how easy these have been to hit. Sure the 4, 5, and 6 irons are a little tougher and won't be ideal for a lot of players but thankfully that's where the combo set comes in. I'm a single digit digit handicap but I wouldn't say iron play is a strong part of my game at all. Yet here I am having some pretty good success and enjoying the heck out of them. I've been very impressed.

Back