Ben Hogan Precision Milled Putters

Still gaming my Hogan putter and it's still working out well for me. I put the Bettinardi on the shelf when I got this at the event in June and haven't switched back yet.

Still gaming my Hogan putter and it's still working out well for me. I put the Bettinardi on the shelf when I got this at the event in June and haven't switched back yet.

You rolled it nicely on Thursday and Friday.

I'm still gaming my BHB02 it's not going anywhere anytime soon. Played all last week during my annual golf trip, and it performed great. The roll and feel were spot on. One round I had 21 total putts (15 - 1 putts).

I'm still gaming my BHB02 it's not going anywhere anytime soon. Played all last week during my annual golf trip, and it performed great. The roll and feel were spot on. One round I had 21 total putts (15 - 1 putts).

I am still gaming that model also. Just a comforting looking head and the flange line makes it easy to line up IMO.

21 putts is amazing!!

Another fun round with the BHM01. 36 putts, so nothing crazy good. But my confidence from 5-6 feet is so high. I absolutely enjoy playing this putter and the forgiveness that it offers compared to my old blade. So glad to have this in my bag!!

Putter was on fire again in my last round. I keep wanting to put the bettinardi back in because of what I paid for it, but I can't kick this out of the bag still.

Had a great day putting on Tuesday! The mid-mallet was back to rolling like normal. I had a long putt to save par, probably 12-15 ft. The ball tracked dead on target and just died in the hole! Finish is holding up extremely well. Love the feel. Weight and balance is great. One thing I wish BH would change is the putter cover. Wish it was magnetic instead of velcro.

Had a great day putting on Tuesday! The mid-mallet was back to rolling like normal. I had a long putt to save par, probably 12-15 ft. The ball tracked dead on target and just died in the hole! Finish is holding up extremely well. Love the feel. Weight and balance is great. One thing I wish BH would change is the putter cover. Wish it was magnetic instead of velcro.
Love hearing these updates because these are good putters!

Have to come back in and talk about this putter. Hit a 30 ft. putt for birdie, and another 15 footer for par last round. In a normal year I might have one of these putts over 25 feet made, but this is already my 2nd in 4 rounds this year. I mean long putts that I'm usually ecstatic if I don't 3 putt. I have so much confidence to go after the hole with this putter, and it allows for these types of makes. If I make a good read on the green, I will be getting close because speed control with this has improved so much over my previous blade.

So much confidence in my 5-6 foot putts. I will not be going back to a blade, I am firmly in the mallet camp. Thanks Ben Hogan!

BHM01 is still rolling strong! I cannot say a bad word about this putter! I found these great images on @golfunfiltered’s webpage. It’s a great looking putter!
2096DA38-6F57-4384-BF2B-DE4CFCD5F9D1.jpeg312F8A41-EEE0-4397-AC05-A5A1AB4ED0CD.jpeg561EB8F6-F3BE-4714-90F6-3324AA44B3BA.jpegA8F47FA3-546D-46F2-BE3F-4559218DC2BC.jpeg26791E5F-D31B-4DA5-A8BF-0215F33ABA98.jpegB890EAAB-01FC-4F86-8CC2-DFA1017FC845.jpeg

I definitely need to pick up a BHM01 at some point. I'm a blade guy but that shape really fits my eye.

I've definitely had those 4 shapes in other brands. Very classic shapes. Might have to be a bit of a Hogan devotee @ $250, but a totally fair price for a full custom milled putter. Only observation is the mallet seems a tad heavy at 370g, although that may pair nicely with a larger/heavier of the SS grips.
I'd go FB blade then for the lighter head weight. A lighter mallet option would be nice. A little info on the SS grips on the BH site so I don't have to hunt them down would be cool. (y)

Not my strongest putting effort today, but not my worst. I need to take my time and keep a consistent routine. Had 2 chances at eagles today. Finished with a birdie and par!

How often do these come back in stock? I've wanted to order a BHB03 for quite a while now but they've been out of stock. I think it would be a great putter paired with a Lamkin Deep Etched grip!

Just one of those rounds where I couldn’t get a ball to drop! But, the bright side is no three putts!

Putted well today. Consistent. I had a 12 footer for eagle today. Missed it 4 inches to the low side, but a tap in birdie is nice. I have no desire to change putters. It does it job, day in and day out.

I have been enjoying my BHM01 for the last 2 seasons, but the Ben Hogan UST Mamiya experience has me excited for what is to come next in the putter line up. Anyone know when we will head more on the new line?

Still as consistent now as it was 2 years ago. Finish looks great. I made some really nice putts today even though the greens were punched.

Still as consistent now as it was 2 years ago. Finish looks great. I made some really nice putts today even though the greens were punched.

This is something I was curious about. Having the finish hold up for a couple years on a putter that is being used is better than some other offerings.

Put the BHM01 back in the bag for the round today and had a good day putting. No 3 putts! 32 total putts, where I've been in the higher 30's and even 40 last couple of rounds. Great feel, and seems to really fit my stroke.

Quick update on the BHM01 putter I got at the Ben Hogan Experience. First, it looks killer in black! I'm also really enjoying the feel of this head. It has deeper milling and just a perfect dense, solid feel. It strikes a nice balance of having some softness to it, without being too muted or losing feel. In case anyone forgot....you are getting a forged 1020C carbon steel putter that is CNC milled.

As others have mentioned in this thread, the mallet is a tad heavier at 370g but I'm not finding any issues with this. I've definitely noticed that I'm getting more output from the same stroke vs. the 340g head I'm used to. This has been a pleasant surprise though. Through a few rounds I've noticed that I'm missing putts long, which I can adjust to and live with. Previously I had a habit of dying the ball in the hole or leaving them short, which is frustrating to never give it a chance. This putter makes me feel like I can be a more aggressive and not playing defense.

Quick update on the BHM01 putter I got at the Ben Hogan Experience. First, it looks killer in black! I'm also really enjoying the feel of this head. It has deeper milling and just a perfect dense, solid feel. It strikes a nice balance of having some softness to it, without being too muted or losing feel. In case anyone forgot....you are getting a forged 1020C carbon steel putter that is CNC milled.

As others have mentioned in this thread, the mallet is a tad heavier at 370g but I'm not finding any issues with this. I've definitely noticed that I'm getting more output from the same stroke vs. the 340g head I'm used to. This has been a pleasant surprise though. Through a few rounds I've noticed that I'm missing putts long, which I can adjust to and live with. Previously I had a habit of dying the ball in the hole or leaving them short, which is frustrating to never give it a chance. This putter makes me feel like I can be a more aggressive and not playing defense.
The BHM01 has been a great putter for me. Been bouncing between it and a wide blade. But this is a solid putter, love the mod-mallet shape, and the finish, like you mentioned looks great. And it has held up over the last 2 years as well.

Took me a bit to get used to it also, but it's been really good for me on lag putts.

The BHM01 has been a great putter for me. Been bouncing between it and a wide blade. But this is a solid putter, love the mod-mallet shape, and the finish, like you mentioned looks great. And it has held up over the last 2 years as well.

Took me a bit to get used to it also, but it's been really good for me on lag putts.
I'm hoping lag putts is an area this shines for me. Way too many times I'd slightly mishit a lag putt toe side and leave myself 10 feet short. Through a few rounds so far I've hit that same type of putt but I'm finding the ball travels farther than I'm expecting. Yes, I'm still short, but not in quite as bad of a position as I'm used to being.

Back