Grogger31

Swing hard, just in case
Reaction score
Handicap
I'm probably heading to Bermuda this summer. I've been several times, but have yet to play over there. I'd better start saving, I hear the rates are ridiculous.

Anybody played in Bermuda? Any course recommendations?

I have played there. There is a place called Mid Ocean Golf Club that is a must.

Grogger, can't say I have but have a blast brother. I have had some friends go before but I can't put a name to any clubs. I'll have to ask them... be ready to open your wallet though

I have played there. There is a place called Mid Ocean Golf Club that is a must.

When I was there 2 years ago, my wife and I took a moped over to Mid Ocean. Beautiful spot.

Unfortunately, I broke my wrist 3 days before we left and we were staying at the resort right next to the Port Royal course.

DD,
The rates are unbelievable. Not only that, most courses wanted my wife to pay the full fees to ride in the cart with me. Guess I'll leave her at the resort with the cabana boys.

So, Mid Ocean is private. I didn't know that when we saw it. You knew a member there, JB?

It was open to us if we stayed at one of 3 resorts in the area. I do not know the current status of it.

It was open to us if we stayed at one of 3 resorts in the area. I do not know the current status of it.

I love when courses do that...

it ends up being big money per night but it's great staying in a high class accomodation then playing a high level course that is located right around the corner

Was just looking at accommodations for the summer. Ooooooooooof!

It was expensive the 3 times we went but it seems like the rates went up ridiculously recently. I'm going to have to swallow hard to deal with $650/night. Somehow telling myself that includes breakfast and dinner isn't helping much.

Was just looking at accommodations for the summer. Ooooooooooof!

It was expensive the 3 times we went but it seems like the rates went up ridiculously recently. I'm going to have to swallow hard to deal with $650/night. Somehow telling myself that includes breakfast and dinner isn't helping much.

..................................................................................... Grogger! 650 a night!

:bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb:

wow, that is serious bread pal!

Yeah ... and most of these places want a 4 or 5 night minimum. *sigh*

Drop a $300 round of golf on top of that and I'm not loving this vacation concept as much as I did previously. *double sigh*

could you throw me inside a large suitcase? I'd be willing to risk the lack of pressure in the cargo hold

Well, the trip is booked for 4 days in July.

We're staying at the same resort we did last time, Pompano Beach Club, which is 500 yards from the Port Royal Golf course. Apparently, Pompano can also arrange for me to play at Mid Ocean.

Now I've got to figure out if (a) If I should really push taking half a day to play golf and (b) If I should bring my clubs.

*sigh*

We're staying at the same resort we did last time, Pompano Beach Club, which is 500 yards from the Port Royal Golf course. Apparently, Pompano can also arrange for me to play at Mid Ocean.

Now I've got to figure out if (a) If I should really push taking half a day to play golf and (b) If I should bring my clubs.

*sigh*
Sounds like a good time, and (a) yes (b) definitely

*sigh*

Surely Wifey must have some shopping to do? Of course, that could be even more expensive than the golf.

Congrats Grogger. Yes you should play. And yes you should post your pictures here to make us all jealous.

Well, I have several months to lobby and bribe (despite the fact that I'll still catch s--t when we're actually there).

Apparently, Port Royal has been closed for Renovations for over a year. I'm assuming it will be open by July. Before the renovations, playing after 2:00 was only $70 for all you can play ($140 normal fees). Either that's a great deal or the course is a piece of crap.

Never played there. If you go, please take some pics and share with the rest of us.

Well, I have several months to lobby and bribe (despite the fact that I'll still catch s--t when we're actually there).

Apparently, Port Royal has been closed for Renovations for over a year. I'm assuming it will be open by July. Before the renovations, playing after 2:00 was only $70 for all you can play ($140 normal fees). Either that's a great deal or the course is a piece of crap.

how's that trip coming along?

Oh, it's all booked (flights & resort). Basically down to figuring how to work golf in to the short time there, given that Wifey isn't a golfer like some of the wives here.

I'm hopeful to get out there and, if I do, will be sure to take pics.

The proximity of the resort to the course can be seen in this pic:

GolfNew.jpg

Jealous!

Well, I'm off a week from today! As a father's day gift, Wifey arranged a tee time at Port Royal for me and ... (drumroll please) ... agreed to walk the course with me.

(I know, I know ... it's not like she agreed to play, but it's a start!)

I decided to rent clubs since I really don't want to haul my bag along for one round.

Awesome man. We want pictures of course.

Have fun Grogger, I had forgot about your trip. Take a lot of pictures for us bums that are stuck in the midwest.

Im jealous, your going to have a blast.

Back