Bernhard Langer has torn his Achilles

And I thought I saw him say this was going to be his last Masters. Damn.

And I thought I saw him say this was going to be his last Masters. Damn.
Yeah, that was the plan. Wonder if he pushes it another year or just calls it done. That rehab at his age will be a nightmare.

After this recouperation - I don’t see him playing near as much as he has been.

Yeah, that was the plan. Wonder if he pushes it another year or just calls it done. That rehab at his age will be a nightmare.
Yeah hate to see it. Granted if it happened on April 15th I wouldn’t be as bothered. Does that make me a bad person?

Man...what a bummer for him

He can use his broomstick putter as a crutch 😁

That’s , probably the end of his competitive career ….

By the time he recovers

ddec that doesn't make you a bad person. Saw him at Saucon Valley and had a really bad day and was still nice to everyone .

I was looking forward to him playing in his final Masters and in the US Open this year as the 23 Senior Open champ.

I hate to see him miss the Masters, wish him well.

I was looking forward to him playing in his final Masters and in the US Open this year as the 23 Senior Open champ.
Same. Brutal injury, hate it for him.

Sucks to hear that, he has been an ironman for decades.

Damm that sucks, With Modern medicine and his drive he could make it back.

He did it playing pickleball i heard on the radio. He is the nicest guy to talk with i hope we see him at the masters again.

Thats gotta be an awful injury for a guy his age to try and rehab

He did it playing pickleball i heard on the radio. He is the nicest guy to talk with i hope we see him at the masters again.
Pickleball needs to go away so lifetime can start putting basketball courts back in their gyms haha

Dang... I snapped my right achilles back in '98. I thought it to be strange for him. Achilles rupture is most common with an abrupt change of direction. But then, there you go, the pickleball report.

I was only (nearly) 31 when mine went. Rehab absolutely sucked and it took a long while for me to feel confident in the tendon's stability. He's been a marvel of fitness for his age, and for decades, really. So, it won't surprise me when he makes a full return. But time and age are a thing that no man can conquer.

Still, my bet's on Bernhard.

Back