Best Courses You Played in 2023

Man. Nothing really stands out for me this year. I guess I'll go with most fun I had.

1) Bryan park where I killed off J.B. Cobb III (Anyone seen that guy lately?) And nearly crippled @pumbaa
2) Deerwood cc - always fun to see my friends in that part of the country
3) wind river was very nice. Would love to see it during peak season

Hmmm.

Canterbury CC
Inverness CC
Westwood CC
OSU Scarlett
PGA West
👀 some others

In no particular order

Ballyhack
Dormie Club
Hidden Creek
Victoria National
ArborLinks
Briggs Ranch
The Hideaway Dye
The Hideaway Clive
Hammock Beach Conservatory
TPC Sawgrass
Winner

Man. Nothing really stands out for me this year. I guess I'll go with most fun I had.

1) Bryan park where I killed off J.B. Cobb III (Anyone seen that guy lately?) And nearly crippled @pumbaa
2) Deerwood cc - always fun to see my friends in that part of the country
3) wind river was very nice. Would love to see it during peak season
Ballyhack didnt stand out?

Royal Dornoch, Tobacco Road, Pine Needles, Dormie Club, Tahquitz Creek (Resort), Schuylkill CC and Wyncote.

Hard to order them, but the top 3 are definitely Royal Dornoch, Tobacco Road and Dormie Club.

Ballyhack didnt stand out?
Hard to say. There were a few things at play there that week that kinda ruined it for me (for lack of a better word). I'm probably not being fair to the course.

Ballyhack is a beautiful course.

Victoria National
Briggs Ranch
The Oasis
The Quarry
Diamondback National

Also a shoutout to @xThor and his course Midland Trail which was a good and fun course.

I don’t get out much, so I have only one: Mayakoba
When I played there the back in like 2007 the drink cart just followed us around. Is it still all inclusive?

Haven't played a ton outside my area in 2023. So...just 6 outside regular courses I play.

1. Wolf Creek - NV
2. Sand Hollow - UT
3. Briggs Ranch - TX
4. Copper Rock - UT
5. The Quarry - TX
6. Riverside CC - UT

Sheesh you guys played some gems this year! I played 4 or 5 new ones this year that really stick out to me, but nothing that would be nationally recognized.

1 - Tot Hill Farm
2 - Occano
3 - Lonnie Poole
4 - Duke Golf Club
5 - Quail Ridge

All of these are local NC courses but I had never played any of them before and they all lived up to the super high hopes I had for them.

Tidewater (SC)
Pawley’s Plantation (SC)
Grande Dunes (SC)
Pilgrims Run (MI)
Stoatin Brae (MI)
Kings North (SC)
Man o War (SC)
Wizard (SC)

Honorable mention as we got rained out but did go walk around a bit TPC Myrtle Beach (SC)
What did you think of Stoatin Brae? Some friends and I are thinking of going there one of these years

Edit: (besides it being in your Top 10 haha)

In no particular order:
Misson Inn Resort - El Champeon
Jupiter County Club
Sea Island - Plantation
East Lake Golf Club
Juliette Falls
Kinderlou Forest

Harbortown
Palisades
Red Bridge

Arbor Links
Kinderlou
Hillcrest Country Club
Mediterra

Yep. Best clubhouse I've ever seen too.
Yea, it’s super impressive from what I hear. Last time I was there it was under renovations

Ballyhack - VA
Fallen Oak- MS

The only two worth listing.

1. Rams Hill
2. Poppy Hills
3. The rest

Yea, it’s super impressive from what I hear. Last time I was there it was under renovations
This is the new pool / fitness center.

In no particular order (other than the order I remember them LOL)

Ballyhack
Mediterra (South)
Southern Hills Plantation
Mattaponi
Golden Horseshoe
American Dunes
Pete Dye River

What did you think of Stoatin Brae? Some friends and I are thinking of going there one of these years

Edit: (besides it being in your Top 10 haha)
Honestly? I hated it. It was during the wet season and I wasn’t playing well. Read I was losing money to my brother. To be fair though it should be awesome under normal conditions and it’s really cool. I loved the clubhouse on top of the hill and if I was playing better I would have liked it better. It’s a good course and I’m going to play it again along with trying out the other gull lake courses, it’s too close not to run up and hit them.

Lawsonia Links
Warren GC
University Ridge
Stillwater G&CC
Harrison Hills
Ravisloe CC
Sapelo Hammock
Diamond Springs
The Bog
Mines GC
Warren is fantastic, I wasn’t a huge fan the first time I played it but it’s grown on me.

Back