Best Feeling/Sounding Irons You Have Ever Hit?

For me this one is easy, Mizuno MP14/29 and my new MP20 mb....all three are/were the epitome of buddah.

I really loved my macgregor pro-c irons

also the 2019 apex pro are outstanding

Out of what I have hit, The J40CB is top, 14 Apex Pro is second.

As far as I remember best feeling I’ve had was

1. Z765
2. Yonex Tour forged that Phil use to play. Played best golf in my life. It was so soft
08092de143d29cf8e667f075c6e3bb31.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Either a set of Tour Stage Mr-23s or the OG Taylormade TP Combo set. The Tourstage were so sweet though.

1590775605844.png

Hogan Apex Edge Pro
I have a set of Hogan Apex Pro irons that I played last friday. They are butter. Lofts are too weak for my old swing now but I enjoy playing them about once a month. Also have a set of Mizuno T-Zoid Pro irons and they are butter too. Old school lofts but play them once a month too.

Anyone else?

CB57 are still 1 for me, but the CMB and MP18 SC are close.

I've hit some Hogan's in the past that made me wonder why I stayed with my MacGregor M85 wing backs for so long. The feel difference was night and day.

The nicest feeling cast irons to me were the the Taylormade r7 TP and believe it or not, the Ping Zing's

I've hit some Hogan's in the past that made me wonder why I stayed with my MacGregor's wing backs for so long. The feel difference was night and day.

The nicest feeling cast irons to me were the the Taylormade r7 TP and believe it or not, the Ping Zing's
I think the PING iSeries has done cast better than maybe anyone historically.

I had a lot of friends who played the Ping iSeries and they swore by them. I never tried them.
Their dampening systems are legiiiiitttt

Srixon 785’s or Mizuno JPX 919 forged. Both are delightful.

Srixon 785’s or Mizuno JPX 919 forged. Both are delightful.
Am I crazy that I thought the 765 felt better than the 785? But both are legiiiiit

Am I crazy that I thought the 765 felt better than the 785? But both are legiiiiit
I’ve heard that but I’ve never had the chance to hit them. I hit a 5 iron from the 565 and it was just as good if not better.

Didn't end up loving the performance, but the mp54 paired with Nippons felt soooo good.

I’ve heard that but I’ve never had the chance to hit them. I hit a 5 iron from the 565 and it was just as good if not better.
Just a fantastic iron series, and one I could totally play forever, both the 65 and 75.

Cant wait to see what’s next from them...

my 565's

I haven't played many irons, but my favorite was the Adams CB3

Just a fantastic iron series, and one I could totally play forever, both the 65 and 75.

Cant wait to see what’s next from them...
Hogan Apex Pro for me - sweetest 5 iron ever. Can’t wait to see the new Mizuno JPX and Srixon Z forgings upcoming!

I've only truly played 4 sets of irons. Callaway X-12s, Nike Slingshots, Callaway Fusions, and my current Callaway Apex (13).

The first time experienced the "it felt like there was no ball there" was the first time I flushed a shot with the X-12s (coming from a set of cast from hell Northwesterns which lasted, literally, less than a month).

However, the best feeling/sounding irons I have hit are my current Apex'.

Next week I'll be able to tell you how my new Apex 19s feel. Does Smoke make them fell better? :unsure: :LOL:

Mizuno MP-32s. Theyre the best feeling irons ever made. Period.

Mizuno mp18 or the 32’s, tough to tell between those two for me

My old G2s when hit right sound so good. Wish I heard that sound more often.

Back