Best Golf Purchase this Year?

Albatross Club
EF 5 W from CPO.

My Ping irons. Went a completely different direction from my fitting and am hitting irons better than I have in a long time. Honorable mention since it was gifted to me and not a purchase is my M5 driver. Only driver I’ve been able to get off the tee with this year and I’ve had a few

So far it seems to be the JumboMax Large grip I purchased and installed on my driver. It has taken my hands out of the swing and the ball seems to be going straighter (I usually fight a hook) and maybe 15 yards longer.

I'm hopeful that by the end of summer I will be able to say it was my new irons, but for the time being I would have to go with my Puttout mat and pressure trainer.

The Albatross membership is high up there too, but since it was gifted to me by the awesome generosity of another THPer I can't count it as my own.

albatross club thp
precision pro nx7

1. Albatross Club Membership (although it was purchased for me)
2. Mavrik Max Driver
3. Callaway MD5 Jaws SW and LW

Honma TR20P irons and TR20 440 driver.

AC Membership
And
Callaway 17* SuperHybrid

Tough decision because my whole bag is new from the top down and I love all the clubs from driver to putter. But I'll have to put the Callaway 58° PM Grind wedge as #1 just because it's made my short game SO much better. Sure, there's been some practice/improvement on my part involved too, but that club is just freaking magical. So top 5:

1) PM Grind 58° wedge
2) Mavrik irons
3) Mavrik Max driver
4) True Linkswear OG Feel shoes
5) Caddy Daddy Claw glove

I have to squeeze my Albatross Club membership in amongst those somewhere as a stealth entry too - it's for such a great cause, and THP/AC does so many awesome things for so many people!

Titleist 718 CB Irons

Been eyeing them for 3 years because they are beautiful. Bought them for a Sunday bag, but I hit them way too well to delegate them to secondary status. They are in the bag.

Either the Custom Mavrik of Vokey SM8s. Both have been on fire for me this year.

TaylorMade SIM 5w w/ Riptide 70 6.5

It’s a ******* 🦄 and I’ve never seen anything like this club. @sposey013168 can confirm what it does for me.

DDB22C27-7B6D-4234-8346-9E1AB8019969.jpeg

Maltby KE4 Tour+ iron set with graphite shafts. Possibly the best golf purchase I've ever made.

Have to give @dthrog00 all the credit as he strongly suggested this particular iron. I don't think I was really considering them beforehand and I'm not always receptive to suggestions.

Speedzone irons, by a mile.

My 39.99 TopFlite putter

Golf lessons

Albatross Club is top of the list every year, this year that is followed closely by my Mizuno JPX 919 Forged irons. :drinks:

I bought new irons (callaway Rogue) but didn't even hit them until I started lessons. I am playing 2 clubs longer than my very old ping eye2 irons but I'm sure its the lessons more than the club. Ill say the best purchase has been the lessons.

I love the answer of the Albatross Membership. Thats gotta be it for me, with all the cobra stuff, I haven't made any major purchases.

AC Membership, no questions asked.
Then CaddyDaddy glove.

AC membership
F9 speedback irons
Caddy Daddy glove
60° Ping glide wedge for $35

Jumping on the CaddyDaddy glove as best purchase.

Also happens to be the best gift of the year too. Gave a couple gloves to my Dad for Father’s Day.

Mizuno mp33 5 thru pw irons with rifle shafts

Tough call but it’s looking like the Atmos Red shaft I bought for my 3w. It Matches my Driver shaft, I am very comfortable with it and really liking the ball flight.

Hmmm this is a tough question for me. I made a bunch of purchases this season, notably my SC, G410 driver and 5w, and TM stand bag. I would like to think it either the SC or G410 driver, but it's probably the bag. I only had a cart bag and once COVID hit, I needed a walking bag. I don't know what I would have done without a stand bag the past few months. Also, I now love walking the course again and don't see me using a cart anytime soon.

Back