Best Golf Shoes for Extremely Wet Conditions?

OITW

Reaction score
What are the best golf shoes for when the course conditions are very wet?

What have you got THP?

I would have said the Ecco Biom 3 Goretex, extraordinarily comfy and totally waterproof but last couple of pairs I’ve had have worn out in 18 months and at £220 a pair I’m steering clear. Interested to see what others suggest, Speith 3 or 4?

My Cuater Legends performed flawlessly in the rain.

Cuater Ringer

I can't give you any advice. I'm not a mudder. Definitely a fair weather golfer.

Adidas Tour 360 XT.

Full waterproof, tons of grip, comfortable, and easy to clean.

Runner up is FJ DryJoys Tour. All of the above but less comfortable

Dryjoys, best I’ve had in the rain or mud.

Adidas Tour 360 XT.

Full waterproof, tons of grip, comfortable, and easy to clean.

Runner up is FJ DryJoys Tour. All of the above but less comfortable

came here to say the adidas as well. Best shoes I’ve owned for comfort and water proofing.

Guess i need to check out the cuaters hmmm

Nike Bandons for me but I think they’re on their last legs so i’ll be following closely

I can only speak for my FJ DNAs. They've always treated me well.

True Linkswear. 2-year waterproof guarantee and they stand behind it.

052E6BDD-2BEB-408E-8925-9A09CC33A446.png

Cuater Ringer would be my go to. Even now where lots of turfs are dormant and slippery they are amazing.

The closest pair I have found is the FJ DNA although not perfect. I walk in wet dew every Saturday & Sunday at 7 am tee off and have probably tried 20 different models over the years and have never found a model that will stay dry after a month.

Waterproof guarantees are a joke as never a straight swap, always cost extra $$$’s to swap out which I don’t find fair, if it’s a 2 year warranty, then honour it with no cost exchange. Rant over.

I have not tried the Cuater or Ringer model as I have never seen them in any store in Canada and I am weird size so ordering from US and if had to return would be very expensive. A few of my friends swear by the Ecco Goretex but once you add the tax, they get close to $300, if not higher. That is expensive for me as walking 98% of my rounds with ~50% in wet conditions is very hard on shoes so I need to get at least 2 seasons out of them, understanding I rotate constantly depending on conditions. My quest continues.

I’ll be paying attention to this thread since I need new shoes for next season. My UA Spieth shoes are about worn out and as comfortable as the Adidas CodeChaos were, I wore through the inner heel of 3 pairs last year.

My Ecco BIOM are the driest I've come across. That goretex liner is the real deal. No complaints about the Footjoy DNA either. I just like my Ecco's better.

I haven't owned a waterproof shoe in years hahahaha

At this point I'm ready to start wearing plastic bags for socks.
That's crazy. I refuse to buy shoes that are not waterproof. I cannot stand wet feet.

As long as it has a waterproof warranty and doesn't say "Puma" anywhere on it I've been pretty lucky with most shoes I've bought.

I wore my Cuater Legends in swampy conditions and they were excellent. They're the white version also and they cleaned up perfectly except for the shoe laces.

I have a pair of spikeless New Balance leather that have been fantastic in some really wet conditions.

Sqairz! I've been wearing a pair of Sqairz every round since I got my first pair on June 3. I've played in some pretty sloppy conditions and these shoes are waterproof and really well made to keep water out even along the tongue and laces. Not a moist sock has been had.

Your old pair. Keep a pair for days like this.

Back