Best Shot of the Year?

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
We are winding down the season in some areas and thought this could be fun.

What was the best shot you hit all year long.

And for @mtbloco I know it was at the THP Experience with Ben Hogan and UST Mamiya and that 75 foot putt you made, which was freaking awesome.:ROFLMAO:

We are winding down the season in some areas and thought this could be fun.

What was the best shot you hit all year long.

And for @mtbloco I know it was at the THP Experience with Ben Hogan and UST Mamiya and that 75 foot putt you made, which was freaking awesome.:ROFLMAO:

LOL! I was just about to comment.....thanks for saving me the time.

My 4i shot that set it up was pretty good too.

For me it was this 141 yard PW Shot. The shot of the ball and hole are from down the line with my back to the fairway. By far my best EVER shot.
678d547145f5927ced1f012e1747368f.jpg
e10c54ccbb800b06edb34b3a6cb7fdca.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Near ace! First time I’ve been that close in a few years and probably the third closest I’ve ever been.
C271E36C-CF52-4394-BDFF-F556F1A97D11.jpeg

Speedzone 7w from 180 yards out of the rough to 13 inches:

038536F4-E508-42E4-8FB5-AF96E7B5BB2B.jpeg

Eagled the number 1 handicap hole twice this year. Dropped a 7 iron in the hole and 2 weeks later, dropped an 8 iron in the hole. It is a 380 yd par 4 from the white tees.

I was 215yds out, slight uphill pulled out my 7 iron. Took a perfect on-balance swing and tossed that ProV about 125ft into the air and had it land over the flag about 7 feet. It bounced, checked and spun back into the cup.

Pretty sweet shot.

Hard to say. Probably a tossup. I was about 50 yards out in the rough under a tree. It was my 4th shot on a longer par 4. I chipped through a gap and it rolled up onto the green and in the cup. Definitely the longest hole out I've ever had.

The other was another longer 430 plus par 4 hole. I was about 220 out after hitting a tree and the ball bouncing back in the fairway. I rarely used the 5 wood because I had so much trouble with it. I figured what the heck. It was the last hole and I wasn't having a good round. I surprised myself and hit it clean. Pulled left but it had enough fade to turn back to the green. Rolled to about 8 feet. No, didn't make the birdie but on a hole I resigned myself to needing 3 shots to get there I was happy with par and breaking 100.

There have been a few other candidates. Birdieing the first hole after a great approach would be up there. Hitting a 275 yard drive when I thought those days were long gone is up there too. That actually happened a couple weeks ago. The others were earlier in the year.

IMG_8532.jpg
This will probably be the shot of my lifetime not just for this year. Par 4 dogleg 337 yds
cut the corner to end up here. Made putt for eagle which I quickly gave back on the next hole:banghead: but it was fun while it lasted!

I hit a few gems this year the best of which was a lucky putt from about five feet off of the green in the fairway to a back pin with a gentle right to left break. It was during a league match and was probably 40-50 feet ish, might have been a bit shorter but it was awesome to make that, I don't often make really long putts so it sticks out a bit.

About a month ago. Hit the best 7 iron of my life...never left the flag. Stuck it to about 4 feet and missed the eagle put :ROFLMAO:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201204-152048_Garmin Golf.jpg
    Screenshot_20201204-152048_Garmin Golf.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 11
Probably the wedge I hit in Alt Shot at the Morgan Cup on hole 8. Only to have @e1iterate top it 😂

Most memorable was 2nd shot on a par 5 at a local course here in Jax, Hidden Hills.

No. 15 – 535 yards, Par-5 – On this beautiful hole, you’re headed uphill all the way and Palmer has made it a bit more exciting by putting moguls in the fairway. On a third shot, you are limited to seeing just half the pin; the entire hole doesn’t come into view until you get close enough for a chip shot. Don’t be long here because the back part of the camel-backed green slopes away.

Yes, only 535, but major increase in elevation makes it play longer. Hit a decent drive but on side hill lie in right rough, ball above my feet. Almost a baseball swing 3 wood and struck it clean. Figured somewhere close to the green but it carried far enough and had a 10 footer for eagle, which was made.

Playing in a match on the 18th hole in an outing - was an uphill par 3

Match was All square going into 18.

I stuck an iron to 2 feet and made the putt for birdie and my opponent made par.

Pressure situation and a great iron shot. Will take that all day!

It was a very good 8 iron to 10” from a hole in one. It was a fun 9 of golf with this birdie being the 3rd in a row and eventually 32 with an eagle on the 9th.

1607114082819.png

Had a chip shot on a par 4 to within 2 feet for a birdie. I was so excited I forgot to take a picture!

One of the best struck was a 5W on a 195 yard slightly uphill par 3 to 12 inches for a gimmee birdie. I did jar a wedge from 40 yards two weeks ago but that one was a good miss.

285 yard par 4 at forest dunes with a lot of trouble if you didn’t pull it off. Hit driver to about 10 feet. Missed the putt unfortunately.

I holed out from about 70 yards for birdie.

Last day of my buddies golf trip, last singles match, on hole 18 and I have to win the hole to tie the match. If I tie the match my team wins the weekend, if I lose we tie. It's a par 5 and I am 205 out and my buddy is 175 out both of us laying 2 hitting 3. I smoked my 4W on a line right at the pin and left myself about a 15' putt. My buddy left it 30 yards short of the green. I won the hole, tied the match, and won the weekend.

I hit other shots closer to the hole, from farther away. But this bunker shot was my favorite. It was literally textbook contact, came out very high and soft from a tough spot 40 yards out. Left a gnarly pitch mark, and saved par. RTX ZipCore FTW.

index.php

index.php

The one that comes to mind was my X2 Hot 2Deep from the rough on the par 5 15th at my home club. It was from 263 yards and I had to keep the ball low the first 40 yards and hit a narrow landing area between bunkers to have a chance to run it up on the green. It finished 12 feet away and I buried the putt. It was men's day and it won me a skin and some pro shop credit. :)

Last edited:
Back