Best Shot Of Your Round

Status
Not open for further replies.
146 yard par 3 with a smallish green, hit a perfect 8 iron...high with a baby draw to about 18 inches for the tap in birdie.

146 yard par 3 with a smallish green, hit a perfect 8 iron...high with a baby draw to about 18 inches for the tap in birdie.

Damn Tim that's rockin it buddy

Even though i played my new personal best today, i don't really feel happy or excited about the way i played. I struck a lot of shots a bit thin from the fairway, not terrible, the results were maybe 10-20m short of what i planned, but all very playable, in the fairway or with very makeable bunker shots to follow. I got in position for scoring, and followed up with solid putting, but still i wasn't satisfied.
That leads me to believe i should value putting more highly. No 3-putts, a couple long putts to close ranges, and drained 2 between 2-3m out.

So, i'll start my crusade for liking non-spectacular result-golf - and declare my putt from the fringe on hole 4 my best shot of the round. Par 4, good 5w off the tee, 8i approach thin with draw, stopped in the fringe short left of the hole, flag at back right of green.
Putted it diagonally over 10ft of fringe and half the green, tapped in for par from 1ft.

Piped a drive this morning on the 15th hole (just played the back nine). Started high down the right side of the fairway, drew to the middle, and was LONG (at least for me).

Also hit a fade off the tee on 17 with the driver (exactly what I wanted) but hit it a little low on the face, so couldn't count it as the best. But any time I fade it on command, I'm happy.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD

Two shots on Sunday:
-I put a 6i to 6 feet to give me a birdie putt on a hole I usually do not par. I even sunk the putt!
-A wind aided 9i started left and was blown right to stop 2 feet from the pin.

120 yard par 3 with water surrounding 3 sides of the green, hit pitching wedge to 3 feet for an easy birdie.

I had one of those, you had to be there to believe shots to start the round. I hit the first tee box as a single with no warm up at all. Two other singles show up behind me, so I ask if they would like to play aa a group, since there were to 2somes in front of us. Now, the wind is blowing 20-25mph from right to left and the hole is the #1 handicap and is a dogleg right to left. I grab the Stage 2 3w, like I always do, and hit the nicest high draw to get around the corner. The other 2 hit there shots and we sart on our way. As we get to the dogleg, one is in the trees on the left and the other is just short of the 150yds on the other side of the fairway. We look around, and one of the guys sees my bal. There is no way that that is my drive. They both hit there second shots and we go up to see if that is my ball. As we get up there, I can see that this is my ball and I am blown away. The tee shot measured 340yds from the tee and was in the left side of the fairway. I know it was because of the wind and the hard ground, but damn. That is just nuts. I ended up with a second shot of 117yds.

There were some other great shots, but this is the one that stuck out the most.

Long bunker shot - probably 60 yards - to about 8 feet from the pin. I missed the par putt though.

Par 5 16th - 3rd shot was from 115 with the pin tucked behind a greenside bunker. I had been having trouble with my irons early in the round, so I decided to hit an easy pitching wedge. Dead straight, right at the pin. I carried the bunker and ended up with 4 feet short of the pin for birdie.

My best was on the 18th today. Bombed my drive just into the right hand rough, took my 5iron out didn't hit it great but it rolled up onto the green about 2mtrs from the pin. Missed my putt for eagle(it would have been my first), but still nice to have a tap in birdie.

I had one of those, you had to be there to believe shots to start the round. I hit the first tee box as a single with no warm up at all. Two other singles show up behind me, so I ask if they would like to play aa a group, since there were to 2somes in front of us. Now, the wind is blowing 20-25mph from right to left and the hole is the #1 handicap and is a dogleg right to left. I grab the Stage 2 3w, like I always do, and hit the nicest high draw to get around the corner. The other 2 hit there shots and we sart on our way. As we get to the dogleg, one is in the trees on the left and the other is just short of the 150yds on the other side of the fairway. We look around, and one of the guys sees my bal. There is no way that that is my drive. They both hit there second shots and we go up to see if that is my ball. As we get up there, I can see that this is my ball and I am blown away. The tee shot measured 340yds from the tee and was in the left side of the fairway. I know it was because of the wind and the hard ground, but damn. That is just nuts. I ended up with a second shot of 117yds.

I need some if those wheaties for breakfast! How did the rest of the hole go?

Played 18 today. Playing as a single, ran into another single stuck behind a slower foursome, so we joined up on a par 3.

Next hole is one heck of a par 4. It plays to 420 from the tips and about 250 yards out it makes a 90 degree turn to the left, but you really can't cut the corner because of OB that lines the entire left side, and big trees asking to grab your ball.

I decided to play it safe and hit my new Cleveland Classic XL 3-wood (glowing review coming!), which had been a fairway finder all day, but I must have played it a bit too forward because it went sky high and ballooned and I got very little distance out of it, and it settled below a tree on the very right side of the fairway. Had about 215 or so, decided to try another new club, a 22 degree Adams V4 hybrid. Must have been the long wait for the group ahead, combined with the ball being about a foot above my feet because I flat out topped it! Now I am capable of hitting some bad shots, but I never top shots. It was wild. It somehow hit a tree in front of me and to the right, and left me about 200 to the pin.

The flag was planted on the right side of the green, behind an enormous oak that guards the entire right side of the green, only about 15 yards short of the green. I figured there was no chance of me making it over the tree, but if I hit it then I would have a reasonably easy pitch, so I lined up straight at it.

Played a 4 iron. Almost no routine, I was a bit ticked off and just wanted to hit the shot. Thwack!

It flew higher than any 4 iron I think I've ever hit, sailed well over the tree, and came down just right of the flag. It looked close! Could I save par somehow?

Ugh. Get to the green and it's at least 20 feet, maybe more. They just resanded the greens, which were also just punched, so the greens are lumpy.

It looked a little right to left, but who knows how much? I took a quick practice stroke and got up there and just hit it.

To my amazement and the visible amazement of the other guy, it went dead center and with perfect speed. PAR!

I don't normally get so excited about a par, but holy heck, that was a good par save, after skying my driver and topping my second shot! It really turned my round around and I played very well after that, with a lot of confidence.

Sorry to have such a long story... but that was the shot(s) of my round today. :)

I hit a beautiful 51* that hit just short of the pin, but bounced of the back of the green. Chipped up and one putted for par. The greens on this course are like concrete. I know that on the front 9, I hit 6 greens in regulation, but only 2 stayed on. The two that stayed on were dead into the wind, so the wind had killed any forward moment in flight. \
I need some if those wheaties for breakfast! How did the rest of the hole go?

Interesting you had that kind of experience, just yesterday I had a shot with a bit of a downhill slope where I hit my new Cleveland Classic XL 3-wood right at 325 yards, couldn't believe it because there was little wind, but it was on a slightly downhill slope. That thing's a monster.

Interesting you had that kind of experience, just yesterday I had a shot with a bit of a downhill slope where I hit my new Cleveland Classic XL 3-wood right at 325 yards, couldn't believe it because there was little wind, but it was on a slightly downhill slope. That thing's a monster.

It definitely surprised me. I had never hit a driver to that area on that hole. The trees make it pretty tough to get to there with any club. But, I guess when you hit it high enough, with enough wind, you can get some crazy yardages.

9 iron from about 135 or so. Wow!

eqajyqad.jpg

Great shot GaBubba!

Mine came after a poor drive, had about 215 left into the green from the right rough. I was able to hit a 2 hybrid all the way to the back of the green and 2 putt for par.

Great shot GaBubba! Truly impressive!

Best shot of my round was a 280 yd drive down the fairway. This was good for two reasons: 1) I NEVER hit this long, and 2) it actually went straight.

Nice shot gabubba

Chipped in for birdie on the 1st last night from about 10 yards with my AW. The shot never looked like it was going anywhere near the hole at first but between the break on the green and the strong wind it started turning and kept going until it dropped.

My best was on the 18th today. Bombed my drive just into the right hand rough, took my 5iron out didn't hit it great but it rolled up onto the green about 2mtrs from the pin. Missed my putt for eagle(it would have been my first), but still nice to have a tap in birdie.

Eagle putt on the last hole! Nice.

Played on Monday. Gagged in two birdie putts from 60+ feet. Almost made another.

Had a horrible round today, but managed a few decent shots including a 7i from about 165yds out of deep rough that had to clear an oak tree and landed about 4ft from the pin and then sank the putt to salvage a par

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back