Best Shot Of Your Round

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really tough bunker shot that was around 20 yards to the pin in very unpredictable sand. Hit a great shot to about 4 feet and converted the birdie

Proud Member of #TeamParadise

I drove over the green on a 270 yard hole today. Have never even gotten on a non par 3 green from the tee before, let alone go over it!

Par 3 with a group letting me play through. I usually rush when I play through and struggle. I got a great yardage for my 9 iron and was able to put a full swing on it. Started out right at the pin and waffled a bit before landing right by the pin and settling in about 3 feet from the pin. Made the birdie.

Nice Smalls! What hole was that?

Inearly put which hole just for you, Taylor! It was number 14. As soon as it was in the air I told my buddy it was going to be close! It is too the left of the pin.

4aguta8e.jpg

I was pretty impressed with an approach that I hit onto a Par 5 today.

I was in the rough about 235 from the hole to a downhill green with a bunker short and a pond long. Ball was down in the rough a little bit. I had to go for the green in my match, so I hit my 18* hybrid with a soft swing. The ball just rocketed through the rough and hit a nice, high draw right onto my target.

I actually misjudged the target, because it was a blind shot. I ended up pin high on the proper tier with the pin just right of the hole. It was a really nice shot.

Heck of a shot dude

Thanks, buddy, probably my best drive of the year, in distance and accuracy. I considered it for my shot of the year, but I couldn't pull the trigger!

I had a few nice contributions to our scramble yesterday but the most important and best was on our first hole of the day, par five which we had just an ok drive leaving us 240 to the pin. I hit the best three wood I maybe have ever hit just 5 or 6 yards short of the green, so I am thinking easy bird, but then I proceeded to make the chip for an eagle and we were off and running.

I was pretty impressed with an approach that I hit onto a Par 5 today.

I was in the rough about 235 from the hole to a downhill green with a bunker short and a pond long. Ball was down in the rough a little bit. I had to go for the green in my match, so I hit my 18* hybrid with a soft swing. The ball just rocketed through the rough and hit a nice, high draw right onto my target.

I actually misjudged the target, because it was a blind shot. I ended up pin high on the proper tier with the pin just right of the hole. It was a really nice shot.

Yea..... It came off the hybrid like butter

Proud Member of #TeamParadise

145 yard par 3

I stuck the tee shot to 8 feet and made birdie. Only birdie of my round. 2nd of the year!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

The best part of my game lately is short pitch shots.

Monday night: 25 yards from the pin; 10 yards off the green (long) and the green is severely tilted downhill running away from me. Pitched to 1 foot.

Tuesday round: Pitched in on 18th hole from about 15 yards off the green - beautiful speed - rolled right in gently exactly like I envisioned!

Yesterdays round. Short par 4. Second shot into the green that is crowned and pin is back right. Used a lob wedge about 8 feet over the hole and sucked it back UP the hill to within a foot.

Last edited:
Sat on 18 I hit my tee ball a bit right was under a tree. I had a decent lie in some sandy grassy mix. I was about 170 out and pulled my 6 iron. Hit a wonderful lower trajectory shot that land about a foot from the green and only about 20 feet from the pin. took me 3 from there and I bogied, but still that 6 iron felt amazing

Last evening out with the wife, I hit a 280yd Drive down the center of the fairway on the 2nd par 5 (469yds from White Tee) of our course. We were both shocked. I proceeded to then follow it up by hitting my 3H the remaining 190 and hitting the green (which it then rolled off the back). Again we were both shocked, but also excited! I had made it a goal earlier this season to be able to hit the Par 5's in 2 shots, so it was pretty fulfilling to do that last night! Now to do this again, and keep it on the green!

Nothing too exciting today. Shot a good 2 rounds. My best shot man not seem great but I was highly impressed with myself. .
ysyrage8.jpg

From this..
5adute7y.jpg

To this..
Two putted for bogey and got out better then I originally thought.

I holed out from 35 yards for an eagle. I also pitched one from 25 to an inch which was probably a better shot. Lots of good short game tonight.

Best shot today was my second shot on the par 5th 9. Had about 240-245 with a little wind at my back/moving left to right. Water all along the left by the green and sand on the right. I wasn't worried about hitting it left with the wind, so I swung away with my 5w. Hit it perfect, straight at the flag. Flew over the flag but landed soft and stayed on the very back of the green. Did a nice job of getting down in 2 from there for birdie.

Pitched in for eagle yesterday. Landed it short and to the right and it took the hill, hit the pin and dropped in.

All kinds of good shots today including a few drives that were just launched.
Best was a 9i from 154 to 3'.

Best shot for me today was a pitch/chip. Missed the green right on the fifth hole, leaving me behind the collection area about 20-25yds from the pin. My ball was on a downhill lie so getting it up wasn't really an option. I ended up driving a hard pitch into the hillside and ball bounced twice and rolled on to the green, a foot from the cup to save par.

I think not only was this my best shot but the best decision I made today.

Par 3 143 yards, slightly uphill. Playing Men's league. I usually hit a smooth 8 iron. However the pin was left and on the front, guarded by a bunker. Middle of green has a huge ridge in it so if I miss right center ball will funnel to the back right into a flat area.

I decided after checking the wind to hit a 9 iron and try to draw it in.

Hit it perfect. Ball flight was great, swing was great. Ball hit about 2 foot from the flag and checked up. Gave me a tap in for birdie and I won closest to the pin.

I have really been working on drawing my irons. Paid off big time today

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Left side fairway bunker, measuring 72 yards to center of green.
In front of me is about 35 yards of grass, another big bunker, and the pin, which was only about 10 feet beyond the back lip of the greenside bunker.
All I could see was a bit of grass, way MORE sand, and the top 2/3rd of the flagstick. I'm basically short-sided, with a bunker in front, FROM a bunker, 72 yards away.

The guy I was playing with bet me a soda I couldn't even hit the green (it was shallow coming in at this angle).
Pulled 58* MD2. Laid it open a bit, swung hard and just tried to catch very little sand. At first I thought I caught it way too thin, but it went way high, came down soft as a butterfly, and stopped about 12 feet left of the pin, and ON the green.

Easy, right? Two putts. Par.

It would have been the hybrid from 225 out onto the green. But then I sank the 40 putt for bird. I Love making putts again.

Last edited:
The shot of the day was when I hit my 58* wedge from 109 yards to 5 ft.

Then pulled a Mickelson and ran the putt by the hole to 3 feet and made the comebacker par. :banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back