Best Sound in Sports

Jank

I'm just a golfer, I suppose.
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
FIRs
Just about every sport has an epic sound that people think of when pondering on the sport... what is your favorite of them all? A few I can think of are below, but what are some of your favorites? At this moment, I am partial to a solid pocket shot in bowling.

Crack of a bat
Pop of a catchers mitt
Flushed golf shot
Golf ball falling in the cup
A solid pocket hit in bowling
The classic swish of the net from deep

Hockey puck off a post is pretty damn satisfying. Not for the players or me if it's my team hitting the post, but it's a great sound!

Hockey puck of a post is pretty damn satisfying. Not for the players or me if it's my team hitting the post, but it's a great sound!
As a former goalie, that sound is music to my ears!

Definitely a perfectly flushed iron shot off a forged iron that has just that soft click!

The sound of your tires gripping as you take that corner right on the edge of the speed that might spin you out

The crack of the bat loud enough to send an entire stadium to its feet.

I love the sound of a flushed, not ping, driver. Also love the sound of a puck hitting the padding on the middle post of a hockey net

The 2 that resonate the most for me are the golf ball rattling to the bottom of the cup and a flush 1-3 pocket hit for all 10 in the pit in bowling.

Sound of a bat crack is pretty high up on that list.

A post clink usually causes instant stress because it was either too close for comfort, or excruciating when it’s your team.

The sound of a hard compressed golf shot is pretty sexy as well. That solid ripping sound of a off a mid to long iron? Goodness. Let me see if I can find the video of one of the best sounds of a golf shot I’ve ever heard.

The sound of a wooden MLB bat making contact on a 430 foot homerun.

I heard it as a young boy from Ted Williams and I heard it as a senior citizen from David Ortiz.
A Verdi opera doesn't sound prettier.

Watching my son's old high school wrestling team I learned to enjoy the sound of the referee slapping the mat for a pin in a packed gymnasium. Unfortunately is was mostly for the other school.

The crack of the bat loud enough to send an entire stadium to its feet.
I once saw Barry Bonds hit a home run so solidly that 40,000 fans in Phoenix gasped in unison. It was awesome to see in person!

Omaha

Slam dunk.

This one will sound crazy and hopefully you have never heard it but the sound is insane....A golfball whizzing by your head. The sound of a 4000 rpm drive coming close and that wwhhiizz as it goes by.

This one will sound crazy and hopefully you have never heard it but the sound is insane....A golfball whizzing by your head. The sound of a 4000 rpm drive coming close and that wwhhiizz as it goes by.

Love that whoooooooosh! Much prefer it from a safe distance though.

I would say crack of the bat is pretty cool

The scratch of the pen on the check being signed because they owe you money and you won

crack of the bat is definitely up on the list for me.

Crack of a bat was the first thing that came to mind even before reading the OP

Back