Best Spicy Chicken Sandwich

I just crushed a Wendy's jalapeño popper spicy sandwich. It was ok.

Love both CFA and popeyes spicy sandwiches, but slight advantage to the popeyes sandwich.

Decided to try the new McDonald's spicy crispy chicken. It's what I'd imagine you'd get if you ordered a Popeye's sandwich from Wish.

View attachment 8995778
Totally agree. I bought my first (and immediately last) one a few days ago. I think the only thing keeping McDonald’s afloat now is inertia. They don’t make a single sandwich that some other chain doesn’t absolutely crush.

The Wish analogy is spot on. 👍🏻

Alan

Popeyes is the answer...

Whataburger spicy chicken FTMFW.

Tried the new McDonalds one that is better, but a total Chic-Fil-A ripoff.

Gotta say that CFA's spicy grilled sandwich with pepper jack is delicious.

CFA as the others use sauce to get the job done (besides Wendy’s, and CFA is just better than that)

Whataburger is the best, for sure! We are spoiled by having several near us and enjoy it regularly.. grilled onions and jalapenos add on for the win!

I had this one at my club after our tournament with a honey sriracha sauce and it was awesome. For the price Popeyes still wins hand down though!
2C37998F-C4B1-47FC-881D-D6F77E630320.jpeg

Whataburger spicy chicken FTMFW.

Tried the new McDonalds one that is better, but a total Chic-Fil-A ripoff.

Loved Popeye's spicy fried chicken when I could get it locally, but that location closed. Was a little bit of a drive even at that, not like it was right down the street. Now, I'd have to drive all the way across town to get it, and I won't do that. I won't buy chicken anything at McDonald's or Burger King. There's BK 5 minutes away that some time ago was advertising 10 chicken nuggets for a buck! So, one day I tried them. I managed to gag down about 4 of them before I threw the rest in the trash!

And I have never had a McDonald's chicken McNugget because of a story my Mom told me. Seems that she and her girlfriend were out shopping when they got hungry and wanted lunch. The girlfriend said to stop in McDonald's because they had those "new" chicken McNuggets! This will tell you how long ago this was. My Mom said. "What? I've cut up a lot of chickens in my day, and never run into a mcnugget! Tell me, what part of the chicken does the mcnugget come from?"

The fact is that they are "formed, pressed" counter scrapings! And with the amount of chicken that these outfits process, it's worth their while to try to sell it rather than throw it away or sell it to dog food companies. There's even a "protein glue" that holds that crap together! Altogether hideous stuff!

Bojangles cajun filet is a close runner up to popeyes.

Tried the Wendy's spicy chicken sandwich this weekend and it was basically and not as good version as CFA. Popeye's is still far and above the best spicy chicken sandwich imo.

This one!

377D0A60-5B1E-443B-AA7F-68515657C6B1.jpeg

All of the big fast food places new offerings make me feel like I swallowed a brick 20 min after eating.
I have a mom n pop sports grill around the corner and theirs is great.

I would really want there to be one in my area that has an amazing sandwich.

We have this place close called porch, it's kind of fast food but not a drive through. They have a massive chicken sandwich for 6 bucks and it's pretty amazing.

Cibi Cibi food truck at Slow Play brewing in Rock Hill.

Just spent the last several minutes checking out their Instagram.

Seriously considering making the 1:45 minute drive one of these days:love:

Just spent the last several minutes checking out their Instagram.

Seriously considering making the 1:45 minute drive one of these days:love:

Worth it

Tried an A&W "Nashville Hot Chicken Sandwich" yesterday. It was not good at all.

Back