Biggest Strength to Your Game?

Short game. 100 and in I feel confident.
If I have to, do an ugly 7 iron bump and run.

Course management-
Just because I can reach a par 4 with a 4 wood, if it goes over certain trees, doesn't mean I should try.
A 5 wood about 30 yards (safely) from the green is much better.

The closer you get to the green, the better I get. I love short game, and find myself pretty good with it.

I am a dang good cart driver.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

It's been a frustrating rotating catagory all year. Thankfully at least one apect seems to be on each round, saving my bacon. Until this year I would have said off the tee, without question. This year I've generally had no clue where it's going. I didn't know I could hit a hook and this year I finally learned how. Hooray.

The aspect that I've never been very good at is iron play. I've never hit a lot of greens from 160+.

Pretending to look like I know what I'm doing.

Hitting fairways.

51352e755de10c490b9d1f8bbc84b3f0.jpg

Leaving the course

My iron play. I hit at least 11 greens sometimes more from the men's tees. Now from the tips it could be less than 10, depending on the day. I'm not a long player, in fact I consider myself a short hitter. 245-260 off the tee and seven iron goes 145-153. Maybe I should stop taking 3 woods off the tee and take more drivers so I have shorter yardage in. I'd score better.

I'm in the rotating strength catagory this year. Hit three fairways today, but wasn't missing too ba d and only hit one that I'd consider bad and even it wasn't in trouble. My wedge game today was dialed in big time. It's a good thing it was too since it was the only thing. I hit 8 from 20-70 yards to under six feet. I've never been that dialed in before with them and the rest of my game was off so I had the chance to use them a lot. This was playing 27 holes.

Hitting fairways.

51352e755de10c490b9d1f8bbc84b3f0.jpg

Holy cow you hit 85 percent of your fairways one day? That's insane! I think the highest average on tour in the 80's was around 82%. Of course that's not your average, but that's really good regardless.

And you average 70 percent, which is higher than tour highest, which is 67 percent.

It's still and will probably always be the short game. I love my 60* around the green and my putting is a little streaky, but it can get hot from time to time.

My iron play has been my saving grace in my recent rounds. Even that isn't that great though.

Holy cow you hit 85 percent of your fairways one day? That's insane! I think the highest average on tour in the 80's was around 82%. Of course that's not your average, but that's really good regardless.
And you average 70 percent, which is higher than tour highest, which is 67 percent.
Thanks! Doesn't help me hit any more greens though haha

Chipping and pitching around the greens. Always with my 54* sand wedge. Saved my butt many a time during the THP Championship at Cog Hill.

Back