blade shaming a thing ?

DG_1234

Reaction score
Handicap
I know several amateur players, from 0 to 12 , who in recent years seem to have been shamed out of playing blades. Koepka and some other pros winning with big head cavity back irons is causing amateurs and Tour pros a like to maybe "feel ashamed" for playing muscle back blade irons. If longtime blade-lover Fowler does not start shooting lower scores he may be next.
Have you or someone you know been shamed out of playing muscle back blade irons ?

shamed? i mean, play whatever you want. i think it's foolish to play blades for performance purposes based on what else is available, but people should enjoy the hell out of their clubs. if that means they pick blades, pick 'em and have a blast.

I tell people to play what they want. It is about enjoying your time. A guy that plays in my league plays Titleist MBs and is a 20. Should he play them? No but he likes them.

If anyone is “shaming” someone for playing true equipment they want to then that person should find a new friend, fitter, or whoever. What’s the point if you aren’t playing the equipment you want to?

Above is the OP question.
No I don’t know anyone who has been shamed out of playing blades because most people I know play what they want when they plunk down hundreds or thousands of dollars for irons.

Yep. I’m ashamed to play my MP20s now because my ball striking sucks and I felt like a douche with them in my bag.

Now I love shaming the dingleberries that carry a true blade 2i or even 1i because they claim it’s the best club in their bag and a fairway finder. I wonder why they are not playing professionally since their ball striking is better than most tour players.

That's crazy. It's a game. Have fun. If you want to play blades, have at it. If you want to use iron head covers, go for it. If you want to put your name on your bag, do so.

Yep. I’m ashamed to play my MP20s now because my ball striking sucks and I felt like a douche with them in my bag.

You now play your rounds of golf with cavity backs instead of a blade-filled-bag 18 hole walk of shame ?

Personally I don't think you can call it shaming. A better term for it would be "coming to your senses".

If you have the game and love the feel of blades by all means rock them. If you're frustrated after every single swing you take then maybe you're not using the right product. It's no different for the pros - they are trying to make a living in an arena where inches have a huge impact on how many Benjamins come there way on Sunday. Given that pressure, I'd be willing to bet they would play with a sledgehammer if that made it easier for them to hit it close to the hole.

All the guys in my regular group (myself included) play cavity-backed irons because that's what makes it easiest for us. We all have our swing faults, so why make the game any more difficult than it already is? No shaming necessary.

I know several amateur players, from 0 to 12 , who in recent years seem to have been shamed out of playing blades. Koepka and some other pros winning with big head cavity back irons is causing amateurs and Tour pros a like to maybe "feel ashamed" for playing muscle back blade irons. If longtime blade-lover Fowler does not start shooting lower scores he may be next.
Have you or someone you know been shamed out of playing muscle back blade irons ?
I dont know if Ive been shamed but Ive had people tell me Im crazy for playing blades and Ive played with some randoms who, when I hit a bad iron shot, tried to tell me, "maybe you need to get some cavity backs".
I think that maybe sometimes people just need to focus on whats in their bag, not whats in everyone else's bags.

First, the ZX7 and JPX Tours Koepka has played and are playing are not in any way shape or form, big.

Blades are less forgiving, and harder to play, period.

I dont know if Ive been shamed but Ive had people tell me Im crazy for playing blades and Ive played with some randoms who, when I hit a bad iron shot, tried to tell me, "maybe you need to get some cavity backs".
I think that maybe sometimes people just need to focus on whats in their bag, not whats in everyone else's bags.
Play what you love, love what you play!

"They're not "shamed" into not playing blades. They don't play blades because winning with shoves (lol) is better than finishing "top 70 including ties" with blades.

Likewise, if the best players in the world are not playing blades, why they heck should a -12 play blades? There's only one correct answer there, because they want to.

First, the ZX7 and JPX Tours Koepka has played and are playing are not in any way shape or form, big.

Compared to MP4 , the JPX irons Koepka played are huge. .

You are a victim of blade shaming .

Compared to MP4 , the JPX irons Koepka played are huge. .
Having had both sets in hand, I disagree on the huge mark. And 99% of humans can’t see the 0.01 offset difference.

Personally I don't think you can call it shaming. A better term for it would be "coming to your senses".

I believe "come to your senses" is talk that shamers use. As is "Tour pros play cavity backs so should amateurs" , or "why make the game harder than it need be"?
or "forgiveness is your friend".

I believe "come to your senses" is talk that shamers use. As is "Tour pros play cavity backs so should amateurs" , or "why make the game harder than it need be"?
or "forgiveness is your friend".
You’re mistaking shaming for facts on those last two.

Play what you want, and love it, damned be the rest, but if “shaming” is bothering you then imo you subliminally know they’re right.

I have to say, I have never witnessed this, so outside of the Internet, I’m not even sure this a thing.

Words to live by.

You’re mistaking shaming for facts on those last two.

Play what you want, and love it, damned be the rest, but if “shaming” is bothering you then imo you subliminally know they’re right.

Please understand that your opinion(s) and , or, perspectives are not necessarily facts.
I don't play blade irons , but know players who do that have been shamed for doing do and, or, changed clubs due to shaming.

Back