Review Blast Motion Generation 3 THP Review

ddec

I have many leather-bound books
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
The Driver
Last summer I was able to spend some time with getting to know the Blast Motion sensor for the first time. That review can be found here https://www.thehackersparadise.com/40519-2/ Throughout the year I commented on how I thought my time with this product 100% helped my putting, and my Arccos putting stats prove that it was more than just a fairy-tail ending.

With that in mind, Blast has introduced an updated version which will support all forms of short game shots, including bunker shots. While with the previous version I focused mostly on putting, this time around I'm going to try to tackle every area this app, or at least as much as I can given the current circumstances. For me, I love that it is going to have the ability to analyze shots from inside 75 yards as that is an area I think most of us would agree we throw away strokes.

Below are some quick photos, which I will improve upon(camera issues). In two of them you will see the previous version on the left and the newer version on the right. Take a look at how much smaller they made the sensor on this model.

BLAST-2-L.jpg

BLAST-3-L.jpg

BLAST-4-L.jpg

BLAST-5-L.jpg

Normal price for Blast Motion is $150. Currently they are running a Training at Home Program, which allows customers to buy one for only $75. There is a coupon code on their website that will allow you to take them up on this offer.

Last edited:
  • Staff
saved for app photos

Normal price for Blast Motion is $150. Currently they are running a Training at Homo Program, which allows customers to buy one for only $75. There is a coupon code on their website that will allow you to take them up on this offer.
The what now? :ROFLMAO:

:eek::eek:
Is it insensitive or immature to say I chuckled out loud when I read this?

Just couldn't resist. I almost added "Hi, I'm 12". :ROFLMAO:

100% jealous of you on this one Deano!

I'll be following along as well. I bought one and it came in yesterday.(y)

• Staff
I'm grabbing some app photos this morning. I decided to initially set this up on my Galaxy S9, and then later logged in to my app on my iPhone. What I really liked is that not only did the 10 putts I recorded yesterday sync over to the iPhone, but the sensor did too. Now I haven't tried to roll a putt with the iPhone paired(I can do that tonight when I get home).

Nice. So it looks like it's able to track multiple days like was asked in a different thread?

Wow that sensor is much smaller. Reminds me of how the original Arccos changed over different versions. So how does the sensor attached does it screw in? Also I assume theres is only one sensor right?

Wow that sensor is much smaller. Reminds me of how the original Arccos changed over different versions. So how does the sensor attached does it screw in? Also I assume theres is only one sensor right?

The difference in size is pretty impressive one version to the next. There is only the one sensor. You have to force it in the top of one fo the club adapters, and then slide that over the butt of the grip. The big thing is to make sure it's aligned well to ensure the best readings. What I like about this is that if you are going to use it for multiple clubs, it *should* be easy to swap from one to the other during a range session, without having those screw holes that you get from Arccos.

@ddec if you can figure out how to compare several sessions/results over time, I would love to know how. I cannot figure that out for anything in the world. I feel like it’s operator error on my end.

@ddec if you can figure out how to compare several sessions/results over time, I would love to know how. I cannot figure that out for anything in the world. I feel like it’s operator error on my end.
Hey BigDill, Greg from Blast Motion. Each time you "just putt" or "just swing" a new session is started. When you stop the session, you can give it a title and add context to what you worked on. When you view activity for that day, all of your sessions will be there. The calendar allows you see which days you practiced. You can't see each session side by side, but you can check your hi, low and average for each metric in each session. Hope this helps!

Now that I have set up a hitting area in the garage I was able to grab some quick swings with a 9 iron. Here is a quick screen grab of some of the data.

Main screen for session review
8152B8BF-F6D4-4FC7-B45C-3DD2392219F5.png

When choosing a specific swing

B63BECAC-A71A-42A7-846A-A3C7F016DF13.png9963D61F-CB74-44B5-841A-5E155BE3898F.png

Ooh! That's some cool data. I haven't put mine on anything but my putter but it was pretty nice putting with it.

Ooh! That's some cool data. I haven't put mine on anything but my putter but it was pretty nice putting with it.

what kind of device are you using it with? I’m about to head to my “indoor hitting studio” which sounds way fancier than my garage. Going to use both android and iOS to see if I have any issues with either.

I'm using it with my iPhone 8. It was super easy and automatically paired through bluetooth... it really was easy-peasy lemon-squeezy.:D

Hey BigDill, Greg from Blast Motion. Each time you "just putt" or "just swing" a new session is started. When you stop the session, you can give it a title and add context to what you worked on. When you view activity for that day, all of your sessions will be there. The calendar allows you see which days you practiced. You can't see each session side by side, but you can check your hi, low and average for each metric in each session. Hope this helps!
Thanks for answering my question Greg!

I've been jumping between devices when trying this out and I must say there is one spot of frustration, which in the end is probably minimal. The app gives you the option of setting up your bag, which is great because you can quickly choose the club you are collecting data on. With this being a new updated app, one would think that there would be more up-to-date clubs in the naming convention. There seem to be more clubs listed on the iOS device than with the Android app, but still both a wildly outdated.

Check out these two pictures from the Android app. Trying to add a Taylormade 6 iron and a Callaway Driver. Now look at the ONLY choices I have from the drop down. Now there is a workaround where you can add a nickname for the club. But still, a bit out dated for a newly updated app experience.

image000000.jpg

image000001.jpg

Here is the TM iOS comparison and you can see the list is a bit more filled in, but still nothing that has come out in the past 3-4 years, heck a lot goes back to 2014-2015. At least on iOS you have the other option.

IMG_7660.PNG

IMG_7661.PNG

IMG_7662.PNG

I'm also curious on some of the swing speed registrations that I was getting yesterday, specifically with the T400 5 iron. It says my AVG swing with that club yesterday was 96.8 MPH. For the top speed it says I was 110.8 MPH with 7 of 20 swings topping out over 100 MPH. My driver swing tends to eek out over 100 every now and then, so those readings have me a bit curious. But I am going to re-test that stuff in the next day or two.

@BigDill do you see any funky readings like that?

Bummer with the club selection... but they can be added manually. There's a plus

I'm also curious on some of the swing speed registrations that I was getting yesterday, specifically with the T400 5 iron. It says my AVG swing with that club yesterday was 96.8 MPH. For the top speed it says I was 110.8 MPH with 7 of 20 swings topping out over 100 MPH. My driver swing tends to eek out over 100 every now and then, so those readings have me a bit curious. But I am going to re-test that stuff in the next day or two.

@BigDill do you see any funky readings like that?
I have not taken any full swings with it yet since I do not have a “ hitting studio” set up. I’ll try to make tine to hit some whiffle balls today and see what I get as far as readings go. Having just come from the Distance Bash, I have a decent idea as to what my swing numbers should be.

Oh I would hate to see my tempo.:oops:

I've been jumping between devices when trying this out and I must say there is one spot of frustration, which in the end is probably minimal. The app gives you the option of setting up your bag, which is great because you can quickly choose the club you are collecting data on. With this being a new updated app, one would think that there would be more up-to-date clubs in the naming convention. There seem to be more clubs listed on the iOS device than with the Android app, but still both a wildly outdated.

Check out these two pictures from the Android app. Trying to add a Taylormade 6 iron and a Callaway Driver. Now look at the ONLY choices I have from the drop down. Now there is a workaround where you can add a nickname for the club. But still, a bit out dated for a newly updated app experience.

View attachment 8939795

View attachment 8939796

Here is the TM iOS comparison and you can see the list is a bit more filled in, but still nothing that has come out in the past 3-4 years, heck a lot goes back to 2014-2015. At least on iOS you have the other option.

View attachment 8939797

View attachment 8939798

View attachment 8939799
Hey ddec, I totally agree the club selection needs to be updated, and will in an upcoming update. If you select "Other" for model, it allows you to enter the model name and give the club a nickname.

Back