Blondes vs. Brunettes Football Game for Alzheimer's

umyga2e8.jpg

Love these ladies and D. Smith one of our coaches. We are all working so hard toward one goal. #ENDALZ Still having lots of fun along the way.

I love this thread, thanks for everything you do nerfny

every time it pops up I'm hearing Castor's "go blondes, go brunettes, as long as somebody goes" and I smile

I love this thread, thanks for everything you do nerfny

every time it pops up I'm hearing Castor's "go blondes, go brunettes, as long as somebody goes" and I smile
This is so fun and rewarding all at once. I am making friends that are just as motivated to work towards the same goal.

Raising some money and doing good for the environment at our family fun day/recycling event. Last I checked we had raised $400 in cash plus had filled the bin from the recycling company and we get a portion of the money from that.
635bbca1e7f8a344e2a44567851f1805.jpg

Had our final scrimmage before the big game against the Blondes. I scored the first touchdown and we never looked back winning 21-6. I only sat for 3 plays the entire game.

Congrats and well done !!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just under 2 weeks until game day!! Tomorrow night we are having an extra practice and a local news team is coming cover all about the game. They usually do a spotlight on just one woman making a difference in the community every week this week they are spotlighting what both teams are working towards. Coaches gave out final playbooks before the big game and I'll be playing both sides of the ball. The amount of money that has been raised by all of us and the effort that everyone has put in is just inspiring. I am so proud to be a part of this team. These women are definitely becoming more then friends. You can see the love and respect that everyone has for each other and we are all bonded in some way by this horrible disease Alzheimers.

Just under 2 weeks until game day!! Tomorrow night we are having an extra practice and a local news team is coming cover all about the game. They usually do a spotlight on just one woman making a difference in the community every week this week they are spotlighting what both teams are working towards. Coaches gave out final playbooks before the big game and I'll be playing both sides of the ball. The amount of money that has been raised by all of us and the effort that everyone has put in is just inspiring. I am so proud to be a part of this team. These women are definitely becoming more then friends. You can see the love and respect that everyone has for each other and we are all bonded in some way by this horrible disease Alzheimers.

Awesome job Nerfny! I am sooooooo proud of you all :clapp:

We had our pep rally last night before the game next week. Rookies got initiated which may or may not have involved a paddle ;) lots of drinks, laughes, hugs, great food and an amazing time. I received my nickname of Tiger last night. Now it is all seriousness until game day. We are going to have practice almost every night between now and game time. I have to miss a couple nights for school. :(
As a group between the two teams we have raised over $54,000 for Alzheimer's!!
#brunettebombers
8eeed9c4f91d6efe3e141dde79e1aa00.jpg

$54,000 is incredible!

Great job.

We had our pep rally last night before the game next week. Rookies got initiated which may or may not have involved a paddle ;) lots of drinks, laughes, hugs, great food and an amazing time. I received my nickname of Tiger last night. Now it is all seriousness until game day. We are going to have practice almost every night between now and game time. I have to miss a couple nights for school. :(
As a group between the two teams we have raised over $54,000 for Alzheimer's!!
#brunettebombers
8eeed9c4f91d6efe3e141dde79e1aa00.jpg
Wow that is a huge amount, congrats

How is the pinky?

Last edited:
Wow that is a huge amount, congrats

How is the pinky?
A little sore but I will see how it feels tonight after I catch a few passes at practice.

Correction we are over $55,000 now.

A little sore but I will see how it feels tonight after I catch a few passes at practice.
Tory Holt says you'll be fine.

zedy5yza.jpg

55,000 is amazing!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That isn't counting stuff that has been donated to raffle off.

Got up early this morning and went to one of the local radio stations (100.9 The Cat) to promote our game and also had our captain for the brunettes at another radio station giving an nterview. None of the blondes showed up to the interview even though they were invited...lame:alien:

Here is the link to the captain for the brunettes interview.
http://www.995theriver.com/onair/ke...-vs-brunettes-chairty-football-game-12745665/

Our interview wasn't recorded as far as I know. I did get a little choked up when talking about why I was taking part in the game. Great having not one but two local radio personalities who have participated in the game.

Thursday night one of the local news stations is going to air a spot on the game as well. You should be able to see the spot here http://wnyt.com/article/11883/

Home stretch game day is Saturday. Practice almost every night this week. This has been such an amazing experience!! As some of the brunettes have said to myself and the other first year players once a brunette bomber always a brunette bomber. We don't stop being a team we just take a break from playing football. We have women who aren't able to play this season but are still fundraising and still showing up to our events to get the word out.

Great stuff Jenn. The blondes didn't show up because it was radio and not TV, bunch of Prima Donnas LOL

Seriously thanks for all the work your all doing for this cause.

39cf5a1bf632a1686ff0e6dc2b709f35.jpg

c7d60d0551162290b09e88ee037f68f9.jpg

All ready for game day tomorrow!!

I know with tomorrow being game day it is going to be a crazy day for me. I just wanted to take a moment and thank everyone for their amazing support. If it wasn't for all of you I wouldn't have raised nearly this much money for an awesome cause. Love you all and promise to play my heart out tomorrow. #ENDALZ #BRUNETTEBOMBERS

I know with tomorrow being game day it is going to be a crazy day for me. I just wanted to take a moment and thank everyone for their amazing support. If it wasn't for all of you I wouldn't have raised nearly this much money for an awesome cause. Love you all and promise to play my heart out tomorrow. #ENDALZ #BRUNETTEBOMBERS

It's awesome of you to do this. Give em hell nerfny! Good luck!

Game time

7yteqedy.jpg

Game over. Awesome finish which nerfny can talk about.

utyhe9uj.jpg

Back