Blondes vs. Brunettes Football Game for Alzheimer's

nerfny

Reaction score
Handicap
20.9 GHIN
On September 13, 2014 I will be participating in the Blondes vs. Brunettes Flag Football Game for the Alzheimer's Association. We have our first practice today. Most people don't know but after my grandfather on my moms side passed away my grandmother came to live with us. Now we all knew that she had dementia but without my grandfather there her grip on the present slipped more and more. Having witnessed what this horrible disease can do to someone I hope that the money I can raise will be able to help in some small way. If anyone is able to donate and help me along in my goal or just offer words of encouragement that would be awesome!!

bvb_zps2553e811.jpg

http://act.alz.org/site/TR/ActiveEvents/IL-GreaterIllinois?&px=8388395&pg=personal&fr_id=5900

Great cause and a cool way to raise some money. Happy to help as my Grandfather suffered from same thing.

Great cause and a cool way to raise some money. Happy to help as my Grandfather suffered from same thing.
Thank you so much!!

My grandfather lived out his life not knowing who I was. It was very tough and hard to deal with. I will donate to the cause. Well done Jennifer

My grandfather lived out his life not knowing who I was. It was very tough and hard to deal with. I will donate to the cause. Well done Jennifer
Thank you Freddie!! It is one of those unfortunate diseases like Cancer that most people have been touched by in some way.

Done and done! Every little bit helps. I posted on my FB page as well. Maybe I can get you a few more dollars.

Done and done! Every little bit helps. I posted on my FB page as well. Maybe I can get you a few more dollars.
Thank you so much sweetie!!

Please don't take offense as I always ask this question before donating to anything. Do 100% of the proceeds go to the charity?

This is a cause near and dear to my heart as my grandmother has Alzheimers and is a shell of her former self. I made a donation. Wish it could have been more but every little bit helps. If you have the means to make a donation or at the very least share it on FB please do so. Thank you for doing this Jen.

Please don't take offense as I always ask this question before donating to anything. Do 100% of the proceeds go to the charity?
I reread my stuff and all I raise goes to the Alzheimer's Association to help with research, support families affected, and education about Alzheimer's. Our game is paid for by company sponsors.

I reread my stuff and all I raise goes to the Alzheimer's Association to help with research, support families affected, and education about Alzheimer's. Our game is paid for by company sponsors.

Great thank you!

This is a cause near and dear to my heart as my grandmother has Alzheimers and is a shell of her former self. I made a donation. Wish it could have been more but every little bit helps. If you have the means to make a donation or at the very least share it on FB please do so. Thank you for doing this Jen.
Thank you so much!! Glad to hear your daughter is feeling better as well.

I will definitely be giving a little bit. My family is currently dealing with my grandmother who is suffering from this terrible disease. What a fun way to raise money for a great cause.

I will definitely be giving a little bit. My family is currently dealing with my grandmother who is suffering from this terrible disease. What a fun way to raise money for a great cause.
Thank you so much!!

Blondes vs. Brunettes Football Game for Alzheimer's

Very ugly disease that runs on my mother's side of my family. I will be making a donation when I am back at my computer.

Last edited:
Very ugly disease that runs on my mother's side of my family. I will be making a donation when I am back at my computer.

I'm sorry to hear that Pete.

I just got off the phone with my mom about 10 minutes ago.

Each conversation with her these days is tougher. For 30 years I call her every Sunday AM and for the last three phone calls. I had to say "it's Robert" she doesn't know me by just my voice any more.

Anything we can do to help slow this disease, I fully support.

Last edited:
Great cause! Sorry to hear about your loved ones being affected by this everyone. We had a family friend who was a ww2 vet who suffered from Alzheimer's and it was very hard to see. I hope this raises a ton!

You guys prove why THPers are amazing. I opened my fund raising page today and you guys have me almost halfway to my goal already. I can't thank you all enough

Just like that White Rhino pushed me over the halfway point!! You are all amazing!!

Donation sent and link shared on FB for this disease which is also near and dear to my heart. My father is currently inflicted with it. Thank you for your fundraising efforts nerfy!

Donation sent and link shared on FB for this disease which is also near and dear to my heart. My father is currently inflicted with it. Thank you for your fundraising efforts nerfy!
Thank you so much!!!

This is a great cause, my grandmother suffered from this and it was hard on the family for sure. Donation sent.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

This is a great cause, my grandmother suffered from this and it was hard on the family for sure. Donation sent.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Thank you so much!!

Donation sent.

Back