Bobby Bonilla Day

LFGM!

Arent they paying Saberhagen as well?

Not true.
Scherzer, Griffey Jr., Manny, and some others have similar structured payments.
Nats allegedly offered Harper silly deferred money, although not in this context.

Good day for Bobby Bonilla. He also got deferred money from the Orioles but nothing like he got from the Mets.

Wilpons were making more money investing with Bernie Madoff. It wasn’t a bad deal for them at the time. Made sense to buy out Bonilla via a deferred plan.

A tradition unlike any other lol

Wilpons were making more money investing with Bernie Madoff. It wasn’t a bad deal for them at the time. Made sense to buy out Bonilla via a deferred plan.

Crazy how far Madoff took that scam. Blows my mind.

Turning 6 million to 30 million isn't too bad a deal for him. There's been worse deals made for sure.

I like how the owner of the Mets is embracing the running joke of the bad deal now (of course he's worth 17 billion so 29 million to him is like 25 cents). He's had ideas like having Bobby come in every year and drive a lap around the stadium and handing him an oversized check. Fans can book an AirBnB at the stadium for $250 that lets them use the team gym and shower. Fun stuff, lol

Bobby Bonilla had probably the smartest Agent back in the day. Making sure BB wouldn't end up broke 20 years after he was done.
More contracts should be structured this way.

Happy Bobby Bonilla day! Getting another nice present from the Mets today.

Fun fact; Bobby lives down the street from me, got to know him quite well over the years as he was a customer at the bike shop. One of the nicest guys I have ever met!

Can’t believe I missed this one! One of my favorite days of the year and love that only a select few actually get it. Happy belated Bobby Bo Day!

Don't forget, the Oriels are giving him $500k a year as well.

Back