Boneless Chicken ‘Wings’ are just nuggets.

Are they chicken nuggets?

• Total voters

They’re not nuggets. Nuggets are made with ground chicken a lot like a meatball is made and then shaped like a nugget and then breaded and deep fried. Boneless wings are chunks of breast meat breaded and deep fried.

This is a must watch for this debate.

I absolutely agree. Wings should not even be in the name.

And they suck!

Nuggets or strips, whatever, but they're not wings.

Regardless, I like them. Not as much as actual wings, but I like them.

Are they good? Sure. But are they wings? Absolutely not.

Correct. No matter what I've read here i don't find a valid argument.

It depends on what part of the bird the meat actually came from. Boneless wings MUST be made from chicken wings. If not, they are not boneless wings. Tenders or strips are from the breast meat. Nuggets are made from all the leftover bits of the chicken.

It depends on what part of the bird the meat actually came from. Boneless wings MUST be made from chicken wings. If not, they are not boneless wings. Tenders or strips are from the breast meat. Nuggets are made from all the leftover bits of the chicken.
I don’t think I’ve ever known of a boneless ‘wing’ ever being made out of wing meat. I believe that is the holy grail.

Nuggets, but I don't really care because I still enjoy them. I'd take real wings over them but they're still quite good

Not wrong at all.

But they’re still ******* delicious.

Agreed.

Have you seen BWW nuggets? They are only 1 bite. 1.5 tops.

I have and that qualifies as a nugget. Not a boneless wing no matter what they call them. I have seen boneless wings come in different sizes. In the BWW case it is a nugget but I have seen other places that it is more like a strip or tender.

YES! They are not wings 🔥

They are delicious and easier to eat regardless of what they are called

Played with a guy that worked in a chicken processing plant and he would bring people chicken that wanted some but the ones that wanted boneless wings he would tell them that there's no such thing. Think he said pieces of breast.

Nope, boneless wings not what I would call nuggets.

Most chicken nuggets I see offered at what I call processed chicken. By that I mean they are mixed with other ingredients. Plus they don't really taste like chicken.

Boneless chicken is made from chicken meat pulled, or cut from the bone. Plus they are usually twice the size of what nuggets are. I buy boneless chicken wings, buffalo style that are made from chicken breasts.

Believe it or not, this was a discussion in one of my college classes way back when. Basically we determined nuggets tasted worse than boneless wings.

While I agree they are not wings, I don’t think they are nuggets either. Can we call them chunks?

While I agree they are not wings, I don’t think they are nuggets either. Can we call them chunks?
Suacey Nuggs.

Depends where you get them.... but I'd lean towards nuggets.

Some places they are more like breaded chunks of chicken... some places they are ground chicken breaded and fried.

Back