Bonfires: Yay or Nay?

Certain bonfires, absolutely! I loved the Aggie bonfire every year before the texas game, but for camping and conversation, give me a standard campfire or a fire pit.

Yes for me.

The right time of year, fall or winter, is a good time for a whisky and a fire. Bon/camp/pit its all a good time.

However, it's a 100 degrees today, no need in a fire.

Here's one from Memorial Day weekend. I have more wood getting delivered this week as summertime means at least one or nights with a fire in the fire pit each week.

gJOvsBfnQ9ax7RIWe8yRtQ.jpgQH4FrbCHTlm6wX2z3px2tQ.jpg

I grew up with a weekend bonfire crowd. Love em!
The glorious memories of underage drinking, lifted trucks, guitars, and sneaking off with a lovely lady or two.

I love them. Get to hang out with bugs and critters, with a bunch of dudes wearing jorts chatting. Or I can be inside, with the same people having a conversation over a wonderful bourbon or cocktail of their choice.
I LOL'd at jorts, but mainly because I still wear mine sometimes.
What about when it involves watching pro golfers with names that rhyme with Sticky Plower walk in with many ladies at a golf function? :ROFLMAO:
I also LOL'd at "Sticky Plower"...

We had them at my university on Friday nights before football games. "Freshman more wood!" Sneaking in a beer or two. Hanging with friends. Ah, the simpler and great times.

Put my down for the Yay category.

Ya nothing wrong with them. Cold beer in hand.

I love gathering around a fire, sharing some laughs, and of course some beverages. So yeah, mark me down in the pro column.

So we debated on campfire vs bonfire... I'm too old for bonfires and shenanigans, but a campfire is good.

Does @JB not like campfires in the backyard in firepits as well?

So we debated on campfire vs bonfire... I'm too old for bonfires and shenanigans, but a campfire is good.

Does @JB not like campfires in the backyard in firepits as well?

I still prefer indoors, but not opposed to a fire pit and calmness. bonfires are a hipsters connection to nature, while talking selfies with flames.

I enjoy the occasional bonfire but I hate when neighbors burn yard waste.

I still prefer indoors, but not opposed to a fire pit and calmness. bonfires are a hipsters connection to nature, while talking selfies with flames.
Hahahaha if you don't have a fire pic did you really even have a fire?:LOL::LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: JB
I love them. Get to hang out with bugs and critters, with a bunch of dudes wearing jorts chatting. Or I can be inside, with the same people having a conversation over a wonderful bourbon or cocktail of their choice.
You can also be outside over the bonfire with your cocktail of choice and smores and roasted marshmallows, all while enjoying the warmth of a bon fire. Lol

You can also be outside over the bonfire with your cocktail of choice and smores and roasted marshmallows, all while enjoying the warmth of a bon fire. Lol

You can do all of that indoors too, right? Haha

Every bonfire I've been around will singe the hair off your arms if you get too close, not exactly good marshmellow roasting conditions!

100% yes. Although prefer sitting around the firepit enjoying some bourbon or whiskey instead of standing & drinking beer, but I probably wouldn't turn down in invite to either.

indoor smores and marshmallows is a crime against humanity

Eating marshmallows indoors is a crime against humanity? Wow, how of a place Canada must be.

Eating marshmallows indoors is a crime against humanity? Wow, how of a place Canada must be.
no, roasting them indoors as you would properly outdoors

nothing better than sitting outside when it's 80* and 85% humidity at 10pm....and let's throw in a fire while we're at it to add to the misery.

HARD pass.

but late fall, winter, and early spring? bring em the **** on.

I love sitting around a bonfire with a cocktail or 10, some music and a cigar.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^this^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I am also a fan of Childish Gambino’s Bonfire. Icing on the bonfire cake I guess 🤷‍♂️

Im a fan. When I lived in Wisconsin, I lived kind of out in the country where you could have a bonfire every night if you wanted. My neibors and I used to hang out around the fire, drink a few beers, tell a few stories. Its a good time.

Back