PKorf

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
0-10
Ooooookkkkkkkkkk we are going to try this again with a little more organization.

I have seen recently where various communities or like minded people across the country are setting up “Trading Posts” four bourbon enthusiasts. It got me to thinking that THP could be a great place for something like this to work.

HERES THE RULES: 21+ no exceptions

1. Post what you are willing to trade.
-post must include a picture of the bottle in hand and a time stamped handwritten date

2: Absolutely no selling of bottles. It too messy and that’s when people get annoyed waiting on money and shipments etc

3: MUST BE AN ALBATROSS CLUB MEMBER.
- want to participate? Join the Albatross Club. Simple

4. Reply / quote what people post they are willing to trade with your offer.
- reply and offer must have an in hand unopened bottle photo and time stamped date

5: it’s illegal to resell OVER RETAIL in many states. Just don’t make cash offers. This is supposed to be fun and help everyone get access to stuff they might not otherwise be able to get or find.

6: The THP Golden Rule: “Don't be a Richard!!!” This is for fun and to help one another out.

7: shipping should be figured out between the two people putting up the bottle and the offer winner. It’s not cheap. Keep that in mind.

8: no need to get annoyed if someone doesn’t accept your offer. Or accepts a lesser offer. You never know what someone can’t get or is looking for.

9: DONT POST WHAT YOUR LOOKING FOR (my mistake last time). When this is done, it basically just turns this into the normal whiskey thread. That discussion can remain in there.

10: DONT MAKE OFFERS IN PRIVATE

Share bourbon. Don’t gouge your THP family. Look after each others best interests. Drink bourbon you can’t find.

have fun!

if anyone has any questions feel free to ask me directly.

Last edited:
I’ll start.

I have the following two bottles I’m willing to trade: they can be by themselves or bundled for a better single bottle option.

Weller Antique 107
8D63605B-5428-4E44-BE46-9F0B794E6390.jpeg

Old Grand Dad 114
73CBA21D-EDE7-4078-807F-A14A1717C1C8.jpeg

Lol maybe the other thread was better.

This is going well......lol

I'll trade for either the Weller or Willet but I have no idea what you are looking for that you can't get that I can. PM me with things your looking for and I'll let you know if it's possible.

I'll trade for either the Weller or Willet but I have no idea what you are looking for that you can't get that I can. PM me with things your looking for and I'll let you know if it's possible.

the point this to make it and keep it public.
Luterally the whole point is to offer what you WOULD trade for it. So throw a few things out there. Ya never know!

Ok then list bottles that you are interested in that do not get on your shelves. Being in Ohio you get access to good bottles at retail that are allocated here and marked up accordingly.

The backup bottle statement is what is impressive. Everything I own has been opened and tasted.

Since you brought it up I would be in your debt if you happened to come across a bottle of this and sent it east:
AE96370B-F871-4C71-82DD-3F06A3614291.jpeg

Ok then list bottles that you are interested in that do not get on your shelves. Being in Ohio you get access to good bottles at retail that are allocated here and marked up accordingly.
Again. I’m not wanting this to just be a list of who wants what. That defeats the entire purpose of trying to trade stuff. Yes it’s more difficult but it’s supposed to be fun. Not, OMG.....you did what???!?

make an offer for what you are willing to give up to get it. If the person offering it up says that’s not enough, then make another offer or move along. Pretty simple stuff here.

I only have 1 EHT left. And its next to impossible to get. Must pass.

However, Should one pop up, you will have first dibs.

assuming the same for the single barrel?

is that a Johnny Drum I see?

Back