Snagged some Buffalo Trace, More Weller Antique and a Stagg Jr. this am!

I might have something to offer for the Weller or Stagg. Let me look this evening

Just posting to remind myself to jump back in here after I go to the store next. My local Chalet has a pretty solid selection, not like the party shops in Louisville but still pretty good.

unless i'm mistaken, it's illegal to ship alcohol across state lines. i know the time or two i've tried to ship wine to an individual, the delivery service refused to accept. maybe that's just a florida thing, but the only way to do it is to lie about the contents.

unless i'm mistaken, it's illegal to ship alcohol across state lines. i know the time or two i've tried to ship wine to an individual, the delivery service refused to accept. maybe that's just a florida thing, but the only way to do it is to lie about the contents.

Good thing I'm only shipping a box of fragile pottery.

I might have something to offer for the Weller or Stagg. Let me look this evening
Stagg will not be up for trade unfortunately. But Weller is.

Thats why im shipping a toy to my nephew and throwing in some tic tacs or macaroni in the box to cover the sound of sloshing liquid

So... is it bourbon for bourbon or whisky for whiskey?

I've never been much of a bourbon or whiskey drinker though. Maybe it's because I've only ever tried Jack Daniels... <-- and other alcohols of that ilk.

Stagg will not be up for trade unfortunately. But Weller is.

Never mind. All I have unopened is Woodford Double Oaked and Buffalo Trace. Thought I had something else that wasn’t opened

This sounds like a great way to make some friends. I’ll have to post some of my collection this weekend. Don’t have too many unopened bottles, but I love to pick up bottles during my work travels. Now when I come across something unique, I’ll have to buy one bottle for me and one for this thread. 😃

Alan

Have a Weller 107 I’d be willing to trade. Mostly interested in Elijah Craig products.

Have a Weller 107 I’d be willing to trade. Mostly interested in Elijah Craig products.
Also have a Weller special reserve to throw in if needed to balance something out.

Good thing I'm only shipping a box of fragile pottery.
Thats why im shipping a toy to my nephew and throwing in some tic tacs or macaroni in the box to cover the sound of sloshing liquid

Most people also purchase and print their shipping labels at home so they don't have to deal with a person at FedEx. And use lots of bubble wrap. Saran wrap around the bottle neck also helps if it is something prone to leakage like Blanton's.

Never mind. All I have unopened is Woodford Double Oaked and Buffalo Trace. Thought I had something else that wasn’t opened
Well....if ya seee something while youre out shout it out

So... is it bourbon for bourbon or whisky for whiskey?

I've never been much of a bourbon or whiskey drinker though. Maybe it's because I've only ever tried Jack Daniels... <-- and other alcohols of that ilk.

I think we could happily include the rest of the whiskey family lol

This sounds like a great way to make some friends. I’ll have to post some of my collection this weekend. Don’t have too many unopened bottles, but I love to pick up bottles during my work travels. Now when I come across something unique, I’ll have to buy one bottle for me and one for this thread. 😃

Alan
Looking forward to connecting and seeing whatcha have. I have a pretty decent stash of backup bottles. lol

Also have a Weller special reserve to throw in if needed to balance something out.

in hand pictures my friend. I should point out that both of these bottles have already been listed for trade however.

in hand pictures my friend. I should point out that both of these bottles have already been listed for trade however.

I’m not always a good rule follower, photo attached of the cabinet.

I did see those previously posted but what I value a willing trade may be different than the other poster so I figured no harm in posting.

Attachments

• 23003FD6-3F4B-4850-B3A4-520B7D2B630C.jpeg
    23003FD6-3F4B-4850-B3A4-520B7D2B630C.jpeg
    72.4 KB · Views: 12

I did see those previously posted but what I value a willing trade may be different than the other poster so I figured no harm in posting.

No worries! That Elijah Craig 18 could probably fetch something.

I would definitely be interested in the Elijah Craig 18. I’ll look tomorrow for what I’ve got and will probably hit my local store tomorrow and see what they may have that’s trade worthy. Most of my stuff is opened. 🙄

I would definitely be interested in the Elijah Craig 18. I’ll look tomorrow for what I’ve got and will probably hit my local store tomorrow and see what they may have that’s trade worthy. Most of my stuff is opened. 🙄
I’ll listen to offers on the EC18 but I was more posting about the Weller 107 and just didn’t want to shift bottles around.

The EC 18 is my favorite so it will most likely fetch a spot in my belly. I would pick it over Blantons all day and likely over most of the Pappy line, which I’m sure is blasphemy in some circles but I like what I like.

Been fortunate to do side by side tastings on two separate occasions of EC18 and Pappy 23. Enjoyed the EC better on both occasions. Not saying Pappy wasn’t good, just liked the other one better

So, I don’t have anything unopened that I’m willing to part with. I made a trip to the store after work and picked up something new. I figured I would get something local, so it’s probably not widely available. The medallion says it received a double gold medal at the San Francisco World Spirits competition (year unknown).

Hence, my contribution to the available list:

569905E7-8F1B-4724-AEC5-27358B169B0B.jpegDD4AECA6-6EF4-4A99-8AFA-9CE6CB619106.jpeg

Alan

Back