4238411894a54d87c2fbbf6f05f0c65d.jpg

I'm bowler C.

Highest game I've ever had and the closest to 300 I've been. Was so upset because my 12 ball was the best ball I had thrown all game and left a solid 8 pin.

Sad part was I only shot 681 for the series, although it was high series for the year this year so it's not all bad.
Damn dude thats awesome! Well disappointing but still an awesome game lol ive had thoughts of that exact scenario before

I think I found a way for us bowlers to work on our golf swings during the winter bowling season.

I was digging through one of my storage containers and these
b88d147eab0149514fba0243b6d78207.jpg
54dc31baf3d65678831ac8f0e373e921.jpg

I need to get into bowling next fall

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was digging through one of my storage containers and these
b88d147eab0149514fba0243b6d78207.jpg
54dc31baf3d65678831ac8f0e373e921.jpg

I need to get into bowling next fall

I bet you pick it right up. Played last year for the first time in 15 years and my 2nd game I rolled a 212. Wish golf came back that easily.

I bet you pick it right up. Played last year for the first time in 15 years and my 2nd game I rolled a 212. Wish golf came back that easily.

It has been 5 years so it would take while.
Sad part is I shot 791 that night, missed an 800 by a stupid 8 pin!!!!!

This is old school...almost 10 years ago before HD video on phones. I grew up candlepin bowling, every Saturday for almost 15years. Was bowling 3 nights a week at one point. Ignore the commentary

This is old school...almost 10 years ago before HD video on phones. I grew up candlepin bowling, every Saturday for almost 15years. Was bowling 3 nights a week at one point. Ignore the commentary

I bet candlepin is fun

Threw a 659 last Wednesday. 211 - 201 - 247

Threw a 659 last Wednesday. 211 - 201 - 247

Nice series!

I shot 205/174/246/625 last night. Totally lost my shot in the second game or it could have been real nice. That last game I was really on it. Stupid 10 pin that I missed the spare on didn't help though.

My average is at 196 with 3 weeks left, so I'm really happy about that. I haven't averaged in the 190's in a long damn time.

For the second week in a row, missed another opportunity for a 300. First ball in the tenth frame....solid 10. Ended up with a 279. It was position week and at least we took 7 of 11 points and narrowed the gap between first place.

For the second week in a row, missed another opportunity for a 300. First ball in the tenth frame....solid 10. Ended up with a 279. It was position week and at least we took 7 of 11 points and narrowed the gap between first place.

Still a great game!

I came this close >< tonight myself. 287 the first game. Got the first 10 and came up a little light on the 11th to leave the 2-4-10 split...which I picked up. Finished the night 200-224 for a 711 series. I haven't bowled a 700 series in a long damn time. It felt good.

Still a great game!

I came this close >< tonight myself. 287 the first game. Got the first 10 and came up a little light on the 11th to leave the 2-4-10 split...which I picked up. Finished the night 200-224 for a 711 series. I haven't bowled a 700 series in a long damn time. It felt good.

Nice rollin guys.

I rolled a 160 once myself and felt pretty damn good hahahaha. I suck at bowling.

Still a great game!

Nice pick up, game and series!!!

I bet candlepin is fun

Candlepin is fun and aggravating at the same time. I prefer it to 10 pin (or big ball bowling as my kids call it). The like the10 pin because it's easier. Typical kids, if it's not easy it's not fun. I'm not saying 10 pin is easy just that it's not as hard as candlepin :act-up:

So I saved my best two series of the season for the last two weeks. I followed up my 711 with a 254-204-209 for a 667 series. It raised my average to 198.83 to finish the season.

We also took all four points and leap-frogged 2 teams to finish in 2nd place. It was real tight at the top the last two weeks.

I'm so thrilled with this season. I've never completed a season with an average higher than 197 and that was waaay back when I was 30 years old. Of course back then I was throwing a urethane ball on wooden lanes. So who knows what I could have done at that age with today's equipment.

Last edited:
So, last night of bowling last night. Shot 231-255-277 for a 763. Then bowled a 4th game of 244. Averaged 251 for the night. Incredible!

Ok, I'll come clean. It was fun night and they had us set up for 9 pin no tap. Still a lot of fun. I came home almost $200 richer so it looks like I'll be doing some driver shopping soon. I've been wanting to upgrade for a long time now.

I bowled for some time and even had my go at going professional. I got burned out and had quit the game for several years until about 6 years ago my buddy talked me into joining their team. On the 4th week I shot 300 the first game and tore my rotator cuff in the process. Actually finished with a 788 series after tearing the shoulder. So about 2 months later just a couple of days before my surgery they needed a sub and asked if I could at least give it a shot. I figured it was torn anyway so why not. rolled a 298 and a 760 series that night, and could not move my arm the next day! I have not bowled since!!!!!!!! I would much rather golf and I do not miss it at all.

I bowl every couple of weeks, I used to be in a league, then I got back in to the car business lol. I do have my own shoes, bag, and a couple of balls. I tend to average about 210-230 area a game, of course my warm up game is around 160 if I'm lucky lol. Bowling is very fun, especially if you have some friends or a significant other to go with. I would highly recommend getting at least your own shoes to start out with, get something that fits well, bowling alleys don't take that good care of their shoes.

If you were to want your own ball, looking on a selling site like offer up or craigslist, get used to bowling before you go out spending a couple hundred on just a ball alone.

Have fun!

Wow, this thread has gone silent.

I'll get it going again! LAST week I threw a 683 series, we won 3 out or 4 games on the night and my average moved up to a 199. Then LAST night, there seemed to be NO oil on the lanes. I couldn't keep anything right of the head pin. SOMEHOW we won 3 out of 4 games again, AND this is with me throwing a laughable (for me) 504 series! So, good times!

I had a 300 game a few weeks ago. It’s my third one, but I hadn’t had one since 2004. To make it better we won the first half of our league that same night.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I had a 300 game a few weeks ago. It’s my third one, but I hadn’t had one since 2004. To make it better we won the first half of our league that same night.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nice game!!

I'm down a bit from where I finished last year. My average has dropped from 198 to 185. Consistency seems to be my issue this year. Last week I shot a 133 in the first game and a 244 in the second.

Nice game!!

I'm down a bit from where I finished last year. My average has dropped from 198 to 185. Consistency seems to be my issue this year. Last week I shot a 133 in the first game and a 244 in the second.
Gosh if kill for a 185 average! But I also just pick up the ball and Chuck it slowly down the lane. I think my average is 149 for our once a month couple's league.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I had been bowling so bad over the last 2 seasons that I couldn't bring myself to post the awfulness lol. Mostly was due to killed confidence over madly inconsistent lanes. They got that fixed and now my game is coming back!

It's been a slow climb back but the results are coming now. My average has gone from a low of 144 during the early season to 175 after last night. I pitched my PB series last night of 245/237/215-697, just shy of my first 700! I'm blaming the miss on my lone open frame, a botched 6-10 on the 6th frame. I now have 5 straight weeks with at least 1 game of 220+.

We have a tight race for the team title amongst 5 teams, with us currently in 3rd, about 10 points back. We won 20.5-6.5 against the #2 team last night so we made up lots of ground, but so did the two teams behind us. 5 weeks to go!

Finally got my 300 ring the other day. I threw the 300 on the first night of league a few months ago.
It was the first game of the league and the first time I had touched a bowling ball after my shoulder surgery last February.
Since the surgery, my avg has gone up to 210 and have thrown 2 700 series so far this season.
The doc did a great job !

Ring.jpg

Back