I haven’t bowled in a few years, but I used to quite a bit. I was one of the folks that got a bowling club up and running at our high school. At that time I got my average up to 180 at one time, and my high was 221. I bowled that during a lock-in type event at about 3:00 in the morning in what was about my 20th game of the night. I haven’t bowled regularly since high school, and have lost the smooth stroke that earned me the nickname “The Silent Assassin”.

I could see myself getting into it again at some point, but I’d have to get to working a more consistent schedule so I could join a league.

I'm still trying to talk my wife in to joining a league with me so I can get back to it. I haven't done any competitive bowling in probably 20 years. I carried a 200+ average from the time I was 16 til I quit at around 25, with my highest average in that stretch being 218 in an 800 scratch league. She's leary of having to commit to a league every week. Our schedule is a little all over the place, so I understand where she's coming from. But I'm still pushing! :D

That's awesome man! Congrats!

Finally got my 300 ring the other day. I threw the 300 on the first night of league a few months ago.
It was the first game of the league and the first time I had touched a bowling ball after my shoulder surgery last February.
Since the surgery, my avg has gone up to 210 and have thrown 2 700 series so far this season.
The doc did a great job !

View attachment 31294

AWESOME! Those 300 rings look ALOT better than they used too. However, they used to be free. Don't you have to pay for them now?

145-254-135 last night

The 254 was a season high, at least lol

145-254-135 last night

The 254 was a season high, at least lol

That is a big swing... but so funny how you can do that? We you partaking in more adult beverages the 2nd game?

Due to all this work travel, I haven't bowled in over a month, which is fine by me because I've really struggled this year.

Today though, I've organized our annual office winter bowling get together. Going to be a lot of bad bowling, a little drinking, and hopefully some laughs. A much needed afternoon break in the craziness of this winter.

That is a big swing... but so funny how you can do that? We you partaking in more adult beverages the 2nd game?
Haha no. Only had 3 beers! I had like 6 ringing 7s (lefty) and 2 or 3 splits in the first game, found a groove in the second, then in the third the lanes broke down hard and I was slow to adjust and missed most of spares. Just a weird night lol

Finally got my 300 ring the other day. I threw the 300 on the first night of league a few months ago.
It was the first game of the league and the first time I had touched a bowling ball after my shoulder surgery last February.
Since the surgery, my avg has gone up to 210 and have thrown 2 700 series so far this season.
The doc did a great job !

View attachment 31294

That's awesome, congrats!

I didn't know they gave out rings anymore. Mine is 27 years old now. I came sooooo close to one last year, 10 in a row and didn't get enough revs on the 11th and it came up too light.

I've been bowling in our league for the past month with a pulled quad muscle at the top of the thigh in my slide leg. I wear a compression sleeve on it, which doesn't seem to help much. I know the only remedy is to rest it, but, two of our members have been traveling and I can't sit out until they return. Anyone else ever deal with this injury?

Haha no. Only had 3 beers! I had like 6 ringing 7s (lefty) and 2 or 3 splits in the first game, found a groove in the second, then in the third the lanes broke down hard and I was slow to adjust and missed most of spares. Just a weird night lol

The lovely ring 7. I am a lefty as well, so I fully understand that!

Due to all this work travel, I haven't bowled in over a month, which is fine by me because I've really struggled this year.

Today though, I've organized our annual office winter bowling get together. Going to be a lot of bad bowling, a little drinking, and hopefully some laughs. A much needed afternoon break in the craziness of this winter.

So I solidified myself as a terrible bowler. Started out with he first 5...and finished with a 183 (OUCH). In the second I got mostly spares for a change, but not many strikes and shot 204; and then in the third I was clean until the 9th where I opened…and opened again in the 10th for a 188.

Good news though, I can still crush Miller Lite.

So I solidified myself as a terrible bowler. Started out with he first 5...and finished with a 183 (OUCH). In the second I got mostly spares for a change, but not many strikes and shot 204; and then in the third I was clean until the 9th where I opened…and opened again in the 10th for a 188.

Good news though, I can still crush Miller Lite.
Thankfully, Pete, many folks would be thrilled by that series. It's just us leaguers that turn our noses up at you

Rolled in a local association tournament on Sunday and laid a massive egg. I should have been able to destroy my average for this tourney of 167, but I was either striking or leaving splits in all but the last game and ended up right at that average. I left about a half dozen of each of 6-7-10 and 6-7-9 splits. I did manage a 223 in the last game though.

I lost big chunk of ball between the finger inserts along the way, and I'm 2.5 seasons into a second hand ball so I figured this was the right time for a new one for the stretch run. I picked up a DV8 Vandal Destroy last night for $100 on Amazon. Everything I've seen and read says that this is a perfect benchmark ball and will provide the backend that my current ball seems to have lost since I've used it.

AWESOME! Those 300 rings look ALOT better than they used too. However, they used to be free. Don't you have to pay for them now?

You only have to pay for any upgrades. That one was free.

You only have to pay for any upgrades. That one was free.

Ahhh gotcha. When I stopped a handful of years ago, you had to pay for any ring you wanted after your 1st one.

Put my new ball in play for the first time in league last night and rolled a 247/213/200-660. Pretty good debut for the new rock. I may have had a shot at a 700 series if I hadn't clanked the ball off my ankle on a spare in the 10th frame of the second and third games lol. Still my 2nd best series of the season, and the the team won 21-6 and I got all 3 of my points. We rolled against the 3rd place team so we'll be moving up into 4th at least. I currently lead the league in points and most improved average. Final week of the season coming u next so time to put up or to take home those prizes.

Great start with the new ball. Did it react on the lanes as you hoped?

Great start with the new ball. Did it react on the lanes as you hoped?
Yeah, exactly. Our house pattern can break down quickly and needed a pearl with a really aggressive back end to get through the mids make the hard turn for home. Helps that the carry on the thing is crazy good. Lots of strikes on shots that weren't very good.

Had our once a month league last night. Going in my average was 147. Rolled a 143, 162 and 177. Good series for me.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Had our once a month league last night. Going in my average was 147. Rolled a 143, 162 and 177. Good series for me.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I had a rough night last week. 163, 158 and got beat by one of the girls in each of the first two games. Our team is me, my wife and two other ladies that are friends of ours. Team name is Dammit Bob...lol.

Anyway, got zeroed in on the last game for a 256. Felt good to finally get it going and the girls carried me the first two so we could go 4-0 on the night.

2nd week in play for my new ball last night. After a debut 660 last week, I followed it up with a 227/243/211-681 last night. I had a great chance at my first 700 by starting off game 3 with 6 strikes in a row, but spared in the 7th, missed easy spares in the 8th and 9th, and rung a pocket 7-10 in the tenth to completely blow it lol.

Still, the ball is ridiculously good for me and carries pins like I've never had a ball do before. I swept my matches both weeks and locked up both the season points race and most improved average for the season. Team finished 5th, unfortunately, but we had great team chemistry and had a blast every week. Looking forward to states in June

Memory from 5 years ago just popped up on my phone from a 300 I rolled... I would be lying if I said I did not miss it.

Memory from 5 years ago just popped up on my phone from a 300 I rolled... I would be lying if I said I did not miss it.

It's been 27 years since mine. :disapointed:

Back