I haven't posted recently because I've been in a funk for a few weeks. Finally broke out Tuesday with a 189-222-214. Nothing really outstanding, but sorely needed for my confidence and we took all 4 points to boot.

I hear ya. Been in like a 6 week ultra funk. Finally seem to be turning the corner, but I am still missing a loooooot of makeable spares at the moment.

Haven't posted in here in a while myself. Been kind of bored with bowling this last month or so. Had front 9 last week and on the 10th the ball literally fell right off my hand and right in the gutter, man I was not happy to say the least. It had been awhile since I've had an honor score. Don't even know what happened it was weird, honestly don't think thats happened to me like ever.
Well, imagine if you had the front 11 and did that exact thing. I have done it before. Got up for the 12th shot like every time before, and I released, didn't think anything of it right away, but less than half way down the lane, into the channel it went :eek:

I hear ya. Been in like a 6 week ultra funk. Finally seem to be turning the corner, but I am still missing a loooooot of makeable spares at the moment.
That is one thing that can absolutely kill scoring chances. Do you have any centers that have the capability to setup specific pin leaves? One center that I used to practice in(when I actually practiced) you could select any pin leave you wanted to shoot at. That made a huge help in my spare shooting as I would shoot at the same pin leave, over and over and over getting myself lined up properly to shoot at them. Do you use a spare ball at all? If not, I would consider getting one especially for your right side leaves and that pesky 10 pin.

Had another good night out

Started first game spare, strike, spare and then punched out for a nice 270.

Next game I missed transition pretty badly and just did not have carry going my way when I found pocket again. A bad 192.

Last 2 games, yes we bowl 4, were 235 and 236 for a good 933 series. 2 opens on the night with both of them being 10 pins - oof.

That is one thing that can absolutely kill scoring chances. Do you have any centers that have the capability to setup specific pin leaves? One center that I used to practice in(when I actually practiced) you could select any pin leave you wanted to shoot at. That made a huge help in my spare shooting as I would shoot at the same pin leave, over and over and over getting myself lined up properly to shoot at them. Do you use a spare ball at all? If not, I would consider getting one especially for your right side leaves and that pesky 10 pin.

I'm actually not sure, but I would assume that at least one of the centers near me has the capability to set up specific spares.

I do have a spare ball. I really do just need to devote some practice time to the game and not just bank on league nights for improvement.

Lanes were strange last night, getting weird reactions from balls that looked and felt good off my hand. Seemed like oil carried down way to quickly like in the 6th frame of game 1 🤷‍♂️ Racks looked ok most of the time but the pin action was awful. We had 4 pocket 7-10's on our pair and I had a pocket 9-10. WTF is that.

Could have had a 300 in the third game as all balls were in the dead flush in pocket but left 2 7's, and 3 10's. :(

We ended up taking 2 games and totals against a decent team...which unfortunately we get to face again next week in position round. :rolleyes:

Iconic… “Who do you think you are? I am!!!”

Last edited:
Tallmadge Blue Devils Varsity team is bowling in the Districts today. My son is the big unit on the far right.

1677424461534.png

And they came in 4th, so they're off to the States in Columbus next month.

Last night's league was a nightmare. I've lost a little weight and my thumb has decreased in size I guess. I just couldn't hold on to the ball.
I was squeezing the life out of it just trying to get it on the alley. I think it's time to get my finger inserts replaced and my thumb hole plugged and redrilled.

Last night's league was a nightmare. I've lost a little weight and my thumb has decreased in size I guess. I just couldn't hold on to the ball.
I was squeezing the life out of it just trying to get it on the alley. I think it's time to get my finger inserts replaced and my thumb hole plugged and redrilled.
I grew tired of that issue. My thumb swells when I'm having beers and bowling throughout the night. Switch Grip is the best invention ever. I have 3 different thumbs and just switch it out on the fly when this happens

I grew tired of that issue. My thumb swells when I'm having beers and bowling throughout the night. Switch Grip is the best invention ever. I have 3 different thumbs and just switch it out on the fly when this happens

I need to get those put in both of my balls.

I had some issues with the approaches last night that cost me a really good night. When we first started it was sticky. Fine no problem, had the front 7 then all of a sudden in the 8th frame it was slick, like someone dumped some easy slide up there. So frustrating! Once you lose trust in your footing you are toast and it took me quite some time to get the right combination of pad and heel to something I could feel comfortable with. Ended up changing my heel to something that wouldn't cause me to slip and basically stopped sliding all together. Shot 650 but could have been so much better.

Freaking finally back in the 600 club for the first time in weeks

246/201/173 = 620

Tallmadge High School Bowling Varsity boys and girls teams are off to the State Championships.

Here's my son, who is JV but a backup for Varsity, so he gets to go, plus both teams.

330394794_742881387232101_8349498958637020084_n.jpg

330511556_199051492747474_1338978357634867734_n.jpg

Last edited:
Good luck to all of them!

I didn't bowl this week, but the last two weeks have been really odd for me. I've come out firing in game one both weeks only to really struggle the last two games. Two weeks ago 242-180-168 for a 590 and then last week 231-168-212 for a 611 series. At least I rebounded in game 3 last week.

Well, the games are over. The girls did well coming in 6th.

The boys on the other hand got whooped a bit, coming in 12th of 16.

Next year.

My son who is 19 went and bowled states with his buddies last weekend. He is a 185ish bowler in league but has been coming on strong as of late. Previously he had no average other than a sport league he bowled in the summer so he came in at a 153

He went out and whacked them shooting 650, 592 and 715 actual. Kid came home with a wad of cash :ROFLMAO:

I finally returned to some consistency last night. 217-204-195 for a 616 series. I opened in the 10th of that last game too. And I was 3 for 4 on 10-pin conversions.

League was cancelled last night since the oiler leaked oil all over the approach and dumped a lot down the lane. We still went through practice to see if we wanted to bowl, but one dude fell and the balls were hooking maybe a board because it was oil all the way across and down the lane. Pretty funny to see lanes like that, actually.

For the second week in a row our lanes broke down during practice and we had to move pairs. Was a pretty average night, shooting 209, 205, 210. Had the front 5 in first and third game then fell apart :(. I'm glad we only 4 weeks left, I'm ready for golf. My son on the other hand shot 269 the first game won a few hundred bucks, he's on a heater lately.

Slightly above average night yesterday (560), but I turkeyed the 10th to clinch the 4-0 night. We were first the front 1/3 of the season, then slipped back to the middle of the pack the next third, so hopefully we can make a push to climb the standing this last stretch of weeks.

580-something tonight, but missed a few single pins (2 X 10 pin, 7 pin, 5 pin :rolleyes:). Had a decent strike rate tonight, but just need to clean up some of my makeable spares. Still, we went 7-0, so I can’t complain (2 pts per game, 1 pt total pinfall).

Back