Brag about your kids

Reminiscing on my couch scrolling through my Photos app and came across this video from 4 years ago. I still have a hard time believing he swings like that after watching me swing almost every time he’s golfed. Obviously he found his own way to swing a club.
View attachment 9091159
I think I would wrench my back out if I hit like that with so much power and tourQue.

I think I would wrench my back out if I hit like that with so much power and tourQue.
I tried copying parts of his swing. My body didn’t like that. Those hands get some height that I just can’t copy.

Daughter named Editor in Chief for school newspaper. She wanted it, worked hard for it, and got it. That’s how it’s supposed to work. Very happy for her. ❤️

Our younger son is 47, and was recently promoted to CEO of North American operations for his world-wide insurance company. He would be a really good golfer if he had the time to play more often that once a month. Our older son has made a name for himself as a horse trainer.

Last edited:
My son (17) just made the Colorado National wrestling team, and will compete in Fargo at the toughest youth wrestling tournament in the country in July. He's been wrestling since he was 5, and this was a major goal of his this year.

I could brag on him most days, but this acheievment needed a little extra :)

My 6 year old, Gabby made her first par tonight! Gabby beat dad on the hole! She is currently participating in Operation 36, where you start from 25 yards off the green and move back 25 yards every time you play 9 holes in 36 shots. Of course she is using a Callaway ball with Triple Track!

2AC78744-53FB-479F-ABC0-289FBE677228.jpeg777E9FB2-CF91-4702-B3D0-75389F3BDFCE.jpeg

It’s brag day!!! So my son has a thing for football. He will be a starter this year as a sophomore at SEU! That’s not the brag…the brag is since he had been home he had been running football camps for youth (8-14) and just was approached to host a week long camp at the LINK which is a event center/melting pot activities in our community!

Don't brag about my kids much, but my oldest made the top travel soccer team in the area yesterday. Very excited for her.

This is by far the best thread on THP!

Update, we now have two club soccer players in the house. My youngest tried out and was invited to join the team this upcoming season. She will be primarily a goalie and have some field work occasionally. We ordered her full kit yesterday (😳😳💰💰😳😳) and she has three goalie camps lined up this summer to get her ready.

My older son went into the Army to get the GI Bill (still in the Reserves), plowed through his bachelor degree when he left active duty, put himself through his masters in International Relations at Geo. Washington U. Works for the State Department now doing foreign relations research and writing briefings for the press and for higher-ups. Even wrote some things for Secy. Blinken.

Younger son got through a lot of developmental issues and is gainfully employed, driving, and generally living a happy life.

Very proud of both of them, each in their own ways.

My daughter finally got to go on a school sponsored trip to Italy and Greece that had to be postponed twice and when she got back she learned that she made the Boston University Dean’s List with Distinction for the College of Fine Arts!

EB5A00B7-A71B-4485-9D8F-944992B01B43.jpeg

My son's buying his first home at 26 years old, closing is in two weeks. AND... he'll only be 15 minutes from us.

His present apartment is only about 35 minutes away but closer is, well... closer!

Young man and his team finished 6 games in two days to take home the championship in one of the biggest tournaments of the year. They qualify for the state tournament this weekend and next year they will be invited to a few tournaments out of state. So proud of this dude! B156154C-EDC7-4533-9AFD-347AA31595B7.jpeg5D19817D-48C9-4221-B3DC-4B8BD9C66A20.jpeg

Thanks for continuing to fill this thread with amazing accomplishments about your kids. I absolutely love reading them! ❤️

My 8-yr-old daughter got an A-time in the 25 yd backstroke last night.

Now we're eligible to drive 2+ hrs round trip to the 2-3 hr long A-Meet for her to swim for 29 seconds. :ROFLMAO:

Jan 2020. My son graduated from West Virginia. Immediately moved to cadillac michigan for a job at Lume in evart michigan. Knew no one. 2 months in and covid hit. Bitched about not being able to do anything. But he kept his head down and worked (first yr was rough, no bonus money). 2 yrs later and he met people. Met a nice girl. Met people golfing. Gets bonus money that is absolutely insane (lume is a marijuana grow facility). At 24 yrs old he bought a house and we
Moved him in last weekend. So fun to watch as a parent. And he is taking me to arcadia bluffs to golf! Hell yes!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4893B0CD-1159-4721-AD9C-31346EF67DD3.png
My son hit his first 300 yard drive. The ball didn’t move an inch. Luckily the bunker was there to corral the ball because the group ahead was still on the green. I don’t think any of us thought he’d get it that close to the green. He normally drives it about 250. Great day for his first drive over 300.

My youngest (Sloane) has played soccer before but only competitive rec league and has been away for a year and a half. She tried out and will play goalie and left wing this season for her club team, but she’s all in to learn and be a goalie full time. I played the position for close to 10 years so I have plenty to teach, but I want her hearing and being trained from others before I jump in. Her first training was last week and not bad. Plenty to work on, but anyone who has played the position knows you have to want that kind of spotlight/pressure and she’s not afraid of it.

View attachment trim.981A012F-C63B-4B52-A465-C61BFD1FF884.MOV

Last edited:
My 10 yr old son got his first A-time in backstroke this weekend, and also took 1st place in the event for the first time.

Could've done the same in breaststroke if not for taking a freestyle stroke when he first came up after the dive and getting DQ'd.:LOL:

You'll notice me with a wedge and a putter and he just has a wedge in his hand. I told him to go grab his putter before we went up to the green. He told me no, because he felt like he was going to chip it in. He blew my mind when he made it. We both scored a birdie on the hole. That's a first for us as a pair both getting a birdie on the same hole.
20220617_131727.jpg

Getting more comfortable with his swing.
20220617_131535.jpg

We went out to practice a couple of holes tonight on the course. Our son played the forward tees except on par 3 he played whites. He was 2/2 on the fairway at 180yds and 2/4 for GIR. He shot 2 over on 4 holes. Love that boy! I'm in trouble because he just turned 9.

Last edited:
Back