Brand you won’t play.

Not sure why.. maybe popularity, but I wont really play anything Taylormade.

Not sure why so many dislike Taylor Made. I bought a used set of RAC OS from them with a Taylor Made bag for $175. They’re the only clubs I’ve known but I like them and like the bag too.

I think the only way I end up using Titleist gear is if I get it in a contest or someone gifts it to me. The looks have always been pretty meh, their marketing is boring as heck (play our stuff because everyone plays our stuff) and the secondary market for their gear has always been so overpriced that I don't feel any obligation to find out if I'm wrong.

Can’t say I’m prissy about golf clubs.

I don’t play TaylorMade. No specific reason. Just never had any if their clubs in my bag.

No, but if I hit every fairway with a pink ladies driver from Walmart you can be it’s going in the bag.
I’d love to see that. It’s often heard out of people, but never followed through with.

I’d love to see that. It’s often heard out of people, but never followed through with.
I use a ginormous mallet. That’s as close of a comparison as I have at the moment as I do prefer the blade look.

I believe Fred Couples had a 12* ladies driver for a spell.

I believe Fred Couples had a 12* ladies driver for a spell.
Yup, he used it as his 3w. But it wasn’t pink, and it def wasn’t from Walmart! Haha

I use a ginormous mallet. That’s as close of a comparison as I have at the moment as I do prefer the blade look.
Your mallet is big, but it’s not ginormous brother. I’ve reviewed one literally the size of a dinner plate haha

Your mallet is big, but it’s not ginormous brother. I’ve reviewed one literally the size of a dinner plate haha

Yup, he used it as his 3w. But it wasn’t pink, and it def wasn’t from Walmart! Haha

You can bet on that. Pretty much a mini-driver I suppose. 12* @ 44” could probably save me some trouble.

Is there a brand that you just choose not to play or won’t play.
Theres a few:
Callaway: I just cant stand them overall as a company. Be it marketing gimmicks or just being deceptive in the claims they make, Im just not a fan.
Ping: Ive honestly just never hit a Ping club that Ive ever been impressed with.
Cleveland/Srixon: Again, never been impressed.
Bridgestone: Again, never been impressed and Ive really wanted to like Bridgestone golf balls.
PXG: Not worth the money.

I don't really avoid an OEM, I am accustomed to a few brands and tend to stick with them. So many choices exist - I stick with Ping, Callaway, Mizuno, and Artisan. These clubs tend to fit me best over a decade or so.

Balls - I gravitate to Bridgestone and Callaway.

I would not be surprised if one or two Tour Edge Exotic clubs showed up again in my bag someday.

Bettinardi for me. Although it wasn’t from my own personal experience. But my best friend had a terrible experience with them and it gives me no desire to make a move on anything Bettinardi.

Nothing against Ping but only club ive had of theirs is an Anser. Im not a fan of their irons but only because they have that wierd hosel.

TaylorMade & Ping… Won’t do it.

I don’t understand why you would not play a brand if it fit your swing the best and helped lower your score? I play what works for my swing regardless of brand.

Callaway Rogue ST Max LS driver
Titleist TSi2 3w
TM SIM Max 7w & 9w
PXG Hybrid
PXG Irons
Callaway Wedges
Odyssey Putter

No. I don’t think anything is off limits, just give me the forgiveness is all.

Back