Breakthrough Golf Technology Stability Shaft

My buddy Miko plays mini tours and swears by this shaft. Keeps bugging me to get one. Your thoughts and his nagging are really hard to ignore.

When I first saw them, I thought, yeah whatever. But, then realizing Mr. Adams was behind them and reading the early feedback, I knew I needed to ask the THP powers that be to reach out to try and get one for review.

Nice thoughts James. I'm all for a product that can help improve a person's game, especially when it comes to putting. I think my biggest struggle is with the cost. If I was an extremely serious golfer trying to compete in big time events I would probably be more apt to spend the money and try one. But for someone like me who only gets to play a few times a month I don't know that it would be worth the money.

Nice thoughts James. I'm all for a product that can help improve a person's game, especially when it comes to putting. I think my biggest struggle is with the cost. If I was an extremely serious golfer trying to compete in big time events I would probably be more apt to spend the money and try one. But for someone like me who only gets to play a few times a month I don't know that it would be worth the money.

And I think that will be the biggest hurdle they face. The data they've tracked indicates it works, the feedback they have gotten from reviewers indicates it works, but is it worth $199 to the average golfer? That is a question that no one person could ever dream of answering for everyone.

Myself, I'm going to have it put into a couple more putters. Particularly a couple of my very heavy headed putters.

And I think that will be the biggest hurdle they face. The data they've tracked indicates it works, the feedback they have gotten from reviewers indicates it works, but is it worth $199 to the average golfer? That is a question that no one person could ever dream of answering for everyone.

Myself, I'm going to have it put into a couple more putters. Particularly a couple of my very heavy headed putters.

$200 is nothing to sneeze at, but what I wonder is how many people that won't think of paying that $200 on a club they use probably 28-36 times a round have spent more than that on a driver shaft that they use 10-14 times a round.

I want to test one out as I will try anything if it helps me make another putt or 2 a round.

I rolled a handfull of putts with James's seemore that had it installed. He and I will probably differ on it, but I had issues with this putter blocking out red dot. Could be that I'm not used it to, but it was messing with my eye. Anyway, I thought it felt really good. I made a couple of putts with it, including one at Bay Hill when I wasn't putting very well. I did the old waggle test to see if there was any wiggle in this vs some other putters, and this one by far looked to the more stable. Does that carry over to the putter swing, I don't know. Tests say it does, and the putts I hit with it felt pretty good. 200 is a lot to swallow for a putter shaft. It's a club that gets used twice(or more) as much as a driver, but with something like that I think one really has to see the proof for the purchase. I think it does have merit, and I wouldn't mind throwing one in my gamer, but at that price, I'm not likely to take the leap.

Little Monday morning bump eh? Any thoughts out there in forum space?

Little Monday morning bump eh? Any thoughts out there in forum space?

Did I post in the wrong thread last night? I know I made one but not showing in TT.

Can you get into which stroke types this might benefit? I would assume less or someone that has a smoother transition between back and forward stroke than an aggressive one. Looking at the charts the seem to indicate more stability post impact with smaller amounts ore impact. Have you done more than manual tests to see if your face position at impact is more consistent, stroke path is more consistent, and that start the ball on you intended line more consistently? You have used the term stable a lot to describe the shaft, can you put more words to that to describe what that means.

Yes, I'd like to see a comparo with a SAM or even a Blast Motion Sensor on it ...

I think having Barney Adams named attached adds credo for sure. Like it has been discussed, I am not sure we will see golfers en masse move to a $200 putter shaft. For those of us who serious about equipment and the game, if a putter shaft is going to save you strokes, then I think it deserves our attention. I would not buy one without trying it, so I would have to try it in store, at a club, or fitting facility first.

Can you get into which stroke types this might benefit? I would assume less or someone that has a smoother transition between back and forward stroke than an aggressive one. Looking at the charts the seem to indicate more stability post impact with smaller amounts ore impact. Have you done more than manual tests to see if your face position at impact is more consistent, stroke path is more consistent, and that start the ball on you intended line more consistently? You have used the term stable a lot to describe the shaft, can you put more words to that to describe what that means.

It will benefit any stroke, and part of that comes with the fact that they have ever putter shaft design/type available. The key to it is that it's not changing anything drastically in terms of feel or weight, but in the way the shaft reacts through impact, that's applicable to any stroke type. Transition isn't the issue this is addressing, it's through impact and that stays the same for all strokes (meaning they all get back to and through the ball).

All my work with any putter review involves on course as well as on putting green namely with gates to ensure the stoke and face path are the same for a larger sample. With that, all of those points have shown a closer proximity to hole which in my
opinion really does come back the stability through impact. Crappy strokes still yield crappy results though of course, and nothing will change that.

Stable is about the only way to describe it. I say that not as a cop out, but its true. There is a thoroughly connected feeling through the stroke and that's the problem with something like this, you almost have to experience it to understand it, and that will clearly be BGT's biggest hurdle. Just look at the @Canadan comment in here (and below as I'm quoting it) and it sums it up. Everyone has an expectation, but, it always ends up totally unexpected for people.

Yes, I'd like to see a comparo with a SAM or even a Blast Motion Sensor on it ...

If you have a spare Sam lab or want to buy me a Blast sensor, I'm in my friend. Hahaha

I rolled this in FL. I haven't really commented yet because it actually baffled me.

Precisely. It's unexpected. Totally.

I think having Barney Adams named attached adds credo for sure. Like it has been discussed, I am not sure we will see golfers en masse move to a $200 putter shaft. For those of us who serious about equipment and the game, if a putter shaft is going to save you strokes, then I think it deserves our attention. I would not buy one without trying it, so I would have to try it in store, at a club, or fitting facility first.

Yep, it's tough. And that ability of people to try it is super critical for them, I know they're bringing in new people and distributors, so maybe they find a way to make a run at that.

Enjoying all the feedback and info so far. There's only one place in town that I think might have this (outside of private course pro shops), and I think I need to go see if they are carrying it or will be. I am intrigued AF. :D

Enjoying all the feedback and info so far. There's only one place in town that I think might have this (outside of private course pro shops), and I think I need to go see if they are carrying it or will be. I am intrigued AF. :D
Thanks dude. I really look forward to seeing if they can get them into more hands.

James, when you're near Dallas, I can bring Blast Motion.

I am interested ... when I finally decide on a putter.

Jman,

Anyone in Tulsa carrying these shafts? Baker’s maybe?

Thanks,

Randy

The more I read about this, the more intrigued I get about it. But this seems like a product that would be very hard to test before committing to it. I think someone really has to like the putter head that they are playing right now and not be prone to changing putters frequently to consider putting this in their putter. Now that the EXO putter is firmly in the bag, I might consider this shaft.

James, when you're near Dallas, I can bring Blast Motion.

I am interested ... when I finally decide on a putter.

I wish I was down soon dude, we need to get a round in badly. Review will be up long before then, but maybe I need to pony up the $$$ and add a blast to the arsenal.

Jman,

Anyone in Tulsa carrying these shafts? Baker’s maybe?

Thanks,

Randy

Great Q, if anyone would, it'd be Bakers but I'm not sure if they're there yet or not.

The more I read about this, the more intrigued I get about it. But this seems like a product that would be very hard to test before committing to it. I think someone really has to like the putter head that they are playing right now and not be prone to changing putters frequently to consider putting this in their putter. Now that the EXO putter is firmly in the bag, I might consider this shaft.

Yeah, I think you'd enjoy it Amol, I really do. But I also think youre right in a lot of ways on the hard to test unless you're one solidly committed to a putter head...hence me with two in different heads and looking to add a third hahahahaha

I wish I was down soon dude, we need to get a round in badly. Review will be up long before then, but maybe I need to pony up the $$$ and add a blast to the arsenal.

Great Q, if anyone would, it'd be Bakers but I'm not sure if they're there yet or not.

Yeah, I think you'd enjoy it Amol, I really do. But I also think youre right in a lot of ways on the hard to test unless you're one solidly committed to a putter head...hence me with two in different heads and looking to add a third hahahahaha

I guess I'll email them and figure out where I can get it installed around here. I have no desire to go through Club Champion up here though.

I guess I'll email them and figure out where I can get it installed around here. I have no desire to go through Club Champion up here though.

Ship to me. I install and hand deliver. We play golf.

If you know anyone that would donate a Zepp Sensor, Blast will send a $75 discount so that $150 is only $75.

They'll do the install for free and get it back out same day. Awesome awesome customer service.

This review should go up early next week, but thats not why I'm posting.

There are a few of these in play on the PGA Tour this week. Sergio included I believe.

This review should go up early next week, but thats not why I'm posting.

There are a few of these in play on the PGA Tour this week. Sergio included I believe.

Think I saw both Garcia and Berger using one.

I really like my current putter, but that damn curiosity will probably get me again.

Think I saw both Garcia and Berger using one.

I really like my current putter, but that damn curiosity will probably get me again.

It is possible that these are the Odyssey version of this shaft. I will try and confirm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back