Numbers wise it’s Brees and it’s not close... In both of their primes, Brees had the better seasons. If you want to hold the last couple of seasons against Brees as he physically broke down so be it...

I'm a very long time Packer fan.

If I had my choice, I'd take Brees. Brees had less drama surrounding him. He'd come to work, do his job, and go home to his family.

That said, I hope AR comes to Vegas for a couple years before he starts his Jeopardy career

Numbers wise it’s Brees and it’s not close...

Based on that, and that logic, to you he is the best QB ever, right?
Because his pure passing stats are better than Montana, Brady, Manning and every other great that has ever played.

Numbers wise it’s Brees and it’s not close... In both of their primes, Brees had the better seasons. If you want to hold the last couple of seasons against Brees as he physically broke down so be it...
With the exception of MVP awards, passer rating, rushing, and interceptions.

Based on that, and that logic, to you he is the best QB ever, right?
Because his pure passing stats are better than Montana, Brady, Manning and every other great that has ever played.
No we aren’t debating QBs who won multiple championships, we are debating two QBs who each won one...

Brees is a great QB but I think Rodgers is a pretty easy call as the better QB.

Would rodgers have put up the same numbers in the New Orleans offense?

I say no.

Rodgers is better. He can and has done more than Brees.

Pure talent wise is Rodgers. I think Brees was in a much more favorable offense with better weapons over his career.

Rodgers is just such a cry baby and passive aggressive.

Would rodgers have put up the same numbers in the New Orleans offense?

I say no.

I think he absolutely would. Having a dome in the winter and having the weapons and Sean Petyon Brees had he would have stupid numbers, let's also not forget for awhile the division had 7-9 teams going to the playoffs they were so bad.

Rodgers and it's not close to me. Rodgers had a higher ceiling. He has played in more NFC title games. He has the same number of Super Bowls. No knock on Brees but the players just aren't close to me.

When did Rodgers throw for 5000 yards again? Never... Brees did it 5 times.
Quite a feat, but I’d argue Y/A or an efficiency metric is more relevant.

No we aren’t debating QBs who won multiple championships, we are debating two QBs who each won one...

But if the argument for who is better is purely based on yardage stats, that would say the rest of the stuff doesn't matter.

And important to note. Aaron Rodgers started playing QB as a starter in 2008. Drew Brees six years prior.

Rodgers has benefitted from the best OL in the NFL for years
I just saw this stat - is it real? If so, I wonder why.

Since 2008, Rodgers has been sacked on average once for every 13 passes, while Brees sacked on average once for every 26 passes. Rodgers is sacked virtually twice as much as Brees is.

Are these conditions where Brees would have taken the chance, but Rodgers, being a bit more cautious about his targets, holds on too long?

6A06FA3B-2B4A-43B0-B083-34301FCE02BC.jpeg

Since 2008, Rodgers has been sacked on average once for every 13 passes, while Brees sacked on average once for every 26 passes. Rodgers is sacked virtually twice as much as Brees is.

Are these conditions where Brees would have taken the chance, but Rodgers, being a bit more cautious about his targets, holds on too long?

Yes. Although diving in deeper, it is because GB offense previously played a very long vertical game, where as New Orleans played a quick out and slant game.

Man, I posted that without reading anything other than OP. No one that actually watched the games other than a Saints homer should be answering Brees. It's just not close.

Yes. Although diving in deeper, it is because GB offense previously played a very long vertical game, where as New Orleans played a quick out and slant game.
So it would make sense that Rodgers' completion distance averages would be superior.

This is a fun debate. Two different conditions to produce a career, pitted against each other indirectly.

Quite a feat, but I’d argue Y/A or an efficiency metric is more relevant.
Brees has 4 of top 5 completion percentages for a season all time... In his prime, no one was more accurate.

So it would make sense that Rodgers' completion distance averages would be superior.

This is a fun debate. Two different conditions to produce a career, pitted against each other indirectly.

It is because at the end of the day, both are/were fantastic. If Rodgers plays another 6 years and catches him in games played, Saints fans won't have a lot to hold onto, but they do now...And neither is even close to Brady or Manning. :ROFLMAO:

Packers OL was also nominated for a Grammy. Not sure if that’s relevant to this discussion.

Brees has 4 of top 5 completion percentages for a season all time... In his prime, no one was more accurate.

Thats not Y/A.
That is why Y/A is such a good metric as it takes into account the dinks and dunks.

Back