Bridgestone Golf MINDSET Visual Technology

Can you explain how you are using it to focus? Are you staring at it and if it’s not being used as alignment how are are you aligning your putts?
I’m just really focusing on the green dot. Just trying to put all my attention there and not think about my takeaway, the line, the speed, etc. It‘s as simple as staring at it.

To be determined on how I line up the putt as it’s just been on a putt out mat so far. I’m guessing I’ll end up using the red arrows to set my line once outside because you have to for the green dot to be on top. But not having a longer line will be different for me. I would use those lines to really focus on passing the putter face square to those line. This will be different for me. We will see how it goes once this fortnight of rain subsides.

There also are no rules that I have to putt with it up. So it may be that I add my line to other side for putting and the visual cues I get on the tee and when I set the ball down work for me. Who knows? Hopefully we can all find out together.

I find it funny(HA HA) that there was a thread about the use of alignment lines and lines drawn on golf balls as being "illegal", but with a gray area. Now, with that said, mfgs. are just going with it in just about every way they can. Some are nice looking, while some are just too distracting, at least to me. Myself, I like to spin my yellow golf balls on a Check-N-Go, with a nice thin red marker line. High capper, so any advantage I can gain, especially off the tee, and on the green, is a plus! Triple Track, which has been exhorted as a good thing for some, just feels way too intrusive, and distracting to me, after trying a few holes with it. I could not even think of trying the TaylorMade TR Stripe! Never cared for the Pix.. or Callaway's Truvis. The new Cally SS with "paint splatter' is interesting, and the SS is one of my favorite golf balls. At this time, I enjoy playing a yellow golf ball, with a thin red line. Those who enjoy all the "other" things on a golf ball should enjoy them, as they enjoy their game...

Can you explain how you are using it to focus? Are you staring at it and if it’s not being used as alignment how are are you aligning your putts?
Is there something about this specific pattern that you think is beneficial or is it more the knowledge that it’s there that is serving as the subconscious or conscious que to remember your routine?

While I haven't had these on the course, I am basing this statement off of having intentionally used the 3 Mindset steps during my last round after finding out I was going to be a tester. I've also been putting on my area rug:

I am still ignorant as to if there were specifics as to why THIS specific graphic, but I don't believe there is anything specific to this pattern. I think it's more about where you take your mind and less about what visual aid reminded you to be mindful. Again, I could be wrong about Bridgestone's intentionality with this pattern, but just speaking for myself.

For me, I'm not staring at the graphic as I move through the process or even looking at it while moving through the process. Seeing the graphic from time to time, throughout the round, is a just a reminder to remain mindful and present through each shot. One of the main benefits of using mindfulness techniques in general is "less overthinking or obsessing", so rather than allowing myself to focus too much on the three circles I am more just allowing it to serve as a quick reminder to visualize my landing spot, visualize the shot, and then step into action. I will say, when I utilized the Mindset process on the course (before receiving these), my ball striking and shot-making were more solid than "normal", but it was easy for me to lose focus and forget that process for a few holes at a time. I believe, for me, having the reminder on the ball will help me to be more mindful on a higher percentage of shots than without the reminder on the ball. I will only speak for myself, but it is so easy for my mind to become so busy that I trip myself up in whatever I'm trying to accomplish. This process, like other mindfullness techniques, truly seems to allow me to visualize where I want to go, the path I'm going to take, and hit the gas without having to think about every mechanical process necessary to get me there.

In regards to putting alignment, I have just used the "Tour B RX" text as my line. I've never used much in regards to alignment aids other than the line of text, so me using the circles as such would break my putting game.

In regards to putting alignment, I have just used the "Tour B RX" text as my line. I've never used much in regards to alignment aids other than the line of text, so me using the circles as such would break my putting game.
I’m there with you in terms of the line for putting, but I’d challenge you to at least give it a go. Who knows, maybe focusing on the green dot takes you to another level?

Great book I’ve listened to it 3 times now. Very solid advice in there. I can see how his mental approach could line up with the principles behind this design.

For those testing it might be a good read/listen.
I’ve enjoyed the listen quite a bit.

I’m there with you in terms of the line for putting, but I’d challenge you to at least give it a go. Who knows, maybe focusing on the green dot takes you to another level?
In the spirit of testing these golf balls, I'm up for a challenge.

In the spirit of testing these golf balls, I'm up for a challenge.
Love it!

(and I’m also a little concerned the lack of line will hurt but going to use an open mind for this dozen to see how it goes….)

I have played the Mindset for 2 rounds now. While it is still early in the testing, I have to say that I am intrigued by the results. I have been using the ball/method for 3-4 holes then switching to a non-Mindset Bridgestone ball (same model RX) for 2 holes without consciously using the process and repeat. Over two rounds, my ball striking and results have been better when using the Mindset process.

More to come as I get a few more rounds in.

This combo can do wonders. Set you up mentally and perform off the club. I can't get out this weekend but I am looking forward to next week to work on this some more.

I'm still looking for mine to get here. With the time changing tonight I'll be able to get out in the afternoons much more often, I'm looking forward to giving the Mindset concept a good test on the Tour B RXS balls, and sharing the experience here on the forum.

Took a 2 ball sleeve out on the course today. I’m still testing balls for the 24 season so was splitting the round 2 holes in a row then switch balls between 3 golf balls. The RX mindset ball first got pulled out on hole 3, a long par 4. Winds were gusting 30 mph at times so it was hard to judge how well results were, but I feel like visualizing the shot is a struggle for me. Im fine at gathering the data, pulling the club and picking out a target, but I am not seeing the shot in beforehand. I started trying to see like a track man line with the ball flight and just couldn’t with Tee or second shots. I was better at seeing short pitches and the line and roll on putts. I did find myself seeing the roll on the greens most of the day and felt pretty happy with my putting for the day which is exciting cause this is an area I need to improve. I will continue to work on visualizing the tee and approach shots. At times I was able to, but its was few and far between during the round.

I played the Mindset B XS for 9 today. The swing came and went today. I tried to start out each shot using on the concept. I like how that kept me a little more focused. I played a non B-stone ball on the back. I tried using the mindset concept. The lack of the visual prompt was much more noticeable than I expected.

Last edited:
Shipping notification came in today, my Tour B RXS Mindset balls are supposed to be here tomorrow.

I was watching more of the Bridgestone golf stuff and Jason Days mental guy mentioned that some people see the visualization like a Trackman line, while others like Jason Day see themselves hitting the shot like watching a movie.

I tried the ”trackman line” today but I am not good at it. I wonder if trying the watching a movie might work better? How do you guys “see the shot”?

I was watching more of the Bridgestone golf stuff and Jason Days mental guy mentioned that some people see the visualization like a Trackman line, while others like Jason Day see themselves hitting the shot like watching a movie.

I tried the ”trackman line” today but I am not good at it. I wonder if trying the watching a movie might work better? How do you guys “see the shot”?

I watch it like a movie in my mind. I can’t do the trackman line at all. I tried that but really struggled.

I watch it like a movie in my mind. I can’t do the trackman line at all. I tried that but really struggled.
Yeah, I think I may switch to trying to do that. When I was doing it well on putts it was like I was watching the ball roll into the hole, need to see that on full swings I think.

If by movie you mean I’m also in the picture swinging then I’m most certainly a trackman line. I envision the path of the ball, the landing spot, and how it rolls out. I don’t necessarily see the whole path highlighted though.

Yeah, I think I may switch to trying to do that. When I was doing it well on putts it was like I was watching the ball roll into the hole, need to see that on full swings I think.

Here’s how I do it.
1. I stand 3 to 5yds behind the ball. I find my line and commit to my shot and grab my club.
2. I stand in that exact same spot and I visualize the ball flying from its spot to its apex and landing and rolling. I can’t do shot tracer line. I do imagine it like on a simulator. I see the ball take off after it has achieved its apex, it zooms into the ball. I watch it land roll towards that target. When it stops, I zoom back out to where I am.
3. I focus on my target, walk in take my stance. Waggle once, look back at my target, come back to the ball and swing.

Here’s the most important thing, through steps 2 and 3, I have absolutely NO thoughts at all. It’s all visual. I’m trusting my body to do what my mind sees. A set-up routine is so important for this to have a chance.

Here’s how I do it.
1. I stand 3 to 5yds behind the ball. I find my line and commit to my shot and grab my club.
2. I stand in that exact same spot and I visualize the ball flying from its spot to its apex and landing and rolling. I can’t do shot tracer line. I do imagine it like on a simulator. I see the ball take off after it has achieved its apex, it zooms into the ball. I watch it land roll towards that target. When it stops, I zoom back out to where I am.
3. I focus on my target, walk in take my stance. Waggle once, look back at my target, come back to the ball and swing.

Here’s the most important thing, through steps 2 and 3, I have absolutely NO thoughts at all. It’s all visual. I’m trusting my body to do what my mind sees. A set-up routine is so important for this to have a chance.

This is similar to what I was trying. I do number 1 and 3 already. On 2 I was trying to visualize the flight like a shot tracer line, but on putts I was seeing the ball rolling on the green and dropping in, and on the green I was much more successful, so maybe I need to switch to that on full shots.

My putting did seem much better today than it has in the past:

1 - Got my read and lined up the ball using the red arrow from the mindset graphic lined up the ball.
2 - Stood over the ball and visualized the ball rolling on the line I thought it should take to drop in the hole.
3 - Lined up focusing on the green dot, one look at the hole, back to green dot and swing.

My visualization is more of a trackman line without the line. It will include in my mind where the ball starts and flight characteristics compared to other things I can see in the distance. For example, if I am trying to hit a high cut my visualization would be that it is going to peak over the tree in the distance or start at a bunker and slightly cut away from it into the center of the fairway, etc. I can picture the entire ball flight and it ending up at my target. This is similar to how I do putts but with putting I only see a path but no physical characteristics (i.e. a ball mark, discoloration in green, leaf, etc.) to putt at. The “putt to a spot” method never worked well for me.

Maybe that is what others are describing as a movie.

It will be Wednesday evening, at the earliest, before I'm able to get out on the course with Mindset but I have continued to spend time learning how this concept will work hand in hand with other mindfulness techniques I am working to implement off-course. I am seeing, at least for me, an important additional step in this process (a step-2(B)): after visualizing my landing area and shot path, I must mentally treat the shot as if it has already happened (just as I saw in my mind). It is the difference in visualizing what I hope happen and, instead, visualizing as if it has already been executed. Once that has happened, I am free to swing free of analytical thought.

Here’s how I do it.

How much time has this added to your routine? Assuming you had one before. Do you think its going to make you slower?

Here’s how I do it.

The only thing I add to this is I aim the ball with the arrow pointing at where I want my shot to start... Then I follow your routine.

Intro Post

Unboxing of Tour B X MindSet

MindSet Visual Technology

**These are my own views of how the Mindset Visual Technology works** This was spurred from a conversation with @That post.

Here's a blown up picture of the MindSet Visual Technology on the Tour B golf ball. When you look at it, it is kind of hard to discern what you really need to do. Really, its there to help you develop a process in your preshot routine. It's designed to give you consistency and the visuals on the golf ball are reminders of what you are doing when, so that you aren't internally verbalizing what needs to be done. This will help the golfer perform at their mental best for that shot.
1710160180198.png

When looking at the circles themselves there are 3 different things that come to mind.
#1 Colors. They are much like a stop light. Something our mind sees and our body does without thinking (we aren't talking about the speed up during the "orange" light though...) :ROFLMAO:
RED - Stop behind the ball and analyze
YELLOW - Proceed slowly by visualizing the shot (we're not talking snails pace, but slow your body down and mind down to enable visualization)
GREEN - Go hit that shot
1710160607820.png

#2 The bunching of the circles
The circles are all bunched together 180 degrees from the arrow, which points to the desired target. This is a visualization that the golfer should be behind the ball and directly inline with the target when most of the preshot routine is occurring.
1710160566505.png
#3 The size of the circles

The 1st step is the red step circle. This is where our mind is taking in all of the preshot information and determining what is the shot to commit too along with the target. This is going to be the biggest circle because we are looking at many things, verbalizing internally what we are going to do and picking our desired target. This is also the circle where internal verbalization STOPS.

The 2nd step is the yellow circle. Its smaller in size. We are narrowing our focus now to visualizing what the shot looks like in our mind. We are PROCEEDING SLOWLY through visualization so that our mind SHOW (notice I didn't say tell) our body what we are to do.

The 3rd step is the green circle. It's the smallest and filled in. Our focus is VERY narrow now. We are only focused on the target and the ball. Then green circle helps give us something to focus on to have quiet eye and quiet mind. It's the visualization of GO do it.

1710160607820.png

The arrow is very important and has 3 parts to it.
1. It symbolizes that we are too look ahead, not at what has happened behind us (furthest arrow from circles)
2. We identify our target in front of us (middle arrow)
3. It gives us a direct line for us to stand in, with relation to our target which sets us up for success (closest arrow to circles)
1710163463086.png

This seems like a lot, but in reality it isn't. It comes back to 3 simple things.

1. Stop (RED) behind the ball look around, take all data in for the shot required and commit to it (internal verbalization is okay here)
2. Begin to narrow your focus and proceed slowly (YELLOW) while behind the ball visualizing what the committed shot looks like and (no internal verbalization)
3. Focus only on the target then the ball and go (GREEN) hit the shot you visualized (no internal verbalization at all)

How much time has this added to your routine? Assuming you had one before. Do you think its going to make you slower?

It hasn't added anytime to my routine. I am actually 5 seconds quicker now. What I realized is that I got stuck over the ball and there was more time involved there than I realized...

Back