Templet0n

washed...
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
snow..
Happy day before the Goat Cup! We are coming in to the last two holes. For this event, lets face it. The contest will probably never make it to these holes. BUT IF IT DOES!! I want these teams ready!!

Here we have a difficult par 3 playing about 185 yards. The shape of this green gives it the appearance of being very small. It is larger than it looks but is well guarded optically ubscured by trees on the left and bunkers on the right and behind the green.

1710168446721.png

off the tee, the prudent play is to the center of the green. Pick a comfortable club that covers this distance and ignore flags. This is not the time to go hunting.. There is a bit of a false front so coming up short is also going to give you ulcers.

1710168629023.png

There is some decent but maybe not as obvious slope to this green so be careful when putting.

1710168776504.png

If matches make it this far, this could be the hole to end it. missing the green here is going to create a huge challenge and hill to climb.

1710168858955.png

Attachments

• 1710168843774.png
    1710168843774.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
This is 17 I think?

Definitely the second best of the par 3’s. The only downhill tee shot of them all and it isn’t so boring visually like the middle two.

Saw some great shots here if I remember correctly.

This is 17 I think?

Definitely the second best of the par 3’s. The only downhill tee shot of them all and it isn’t so boring visually like the middle two.

Both.. you’re right trying to work and do this at the same time. Can you fix it please? Sorry..

This is 17 I think?

It's really fun to play in the dark too.

Of the 3 rounds I played at Briggs, this is the hole I played best. -1 for 3, IIRC.

Fixed

Visually intimidating but a pretty easy shot. Green is large and receptive compared to most. Lot of trouble if you miss though.

Another longer par 3. I like the visuals off the tee.

That hole looks wonderful, long but not too bad.

I remember thinking from the tee it all looked so tight at the green, and then you get up there and it's fairly wide open, with a ton of space around to miss!

Love this hole cause it just sets up well for me. I tend to aim right center and if it turns over a bit, i'm fine

185 is a great number for a 7i. Pretty looking hole.

If I remember correctly, this played about 1-2 clubs less than the yardage. Our caddy advised me to play 1 club less the first time I played and I still went into that back bunker. The last time I played it with @Hawk I went 2 clubs less than yardage and landed right in the middle. This hole is intimidating visually off the tee like @baylrballa mentioned, but a bigger green than it seems when you get there.

If I remember correctly, this played about 1-2 clubs less than the yardage. Our caddy advised me to play 1 club less the first time I played and I still went into that back bunker. The last time I played it with @Hawk I went 2 clubs less than yardage and landed right in the middle. This hole is intimidating visually off the tee like @baylrballa mentioned, but a bigger green than it seems when you get there.
Does it play down wind? I know it is slightly downhill.

Does it play down wind? I know it is slightly downhill.
There wasn't much wind when we played, caddy just had us play 1-2 clubs less because of the downhill, and it worked. 🤷‍♂️

Was coming to post the same thing. Hit a 6 to a front-ish/middle flag and ended up off the back, and I usually don't have trouble stopping the ball.

This hole sets up pretty well for me. I’d probably hit a smooth 5i to the green. I typically play a fade with my long irons so that would be ideal for a left pin.

The first day with @JB, @bigbov, and @Adam Rank we ended up on the right side of the green in our shamble and had to go over the ridge on the right side of the green. Nearly impossible putt. Had to roll it and stop at the top of the ridge to get it within 10 feet on the next putt.

185 is a great number for a 7i. Pretty looking hole.
flex GIF by happydog

4i/5i over here depending on the how the back feels.

Fun par 3. Taking advise from this thread, looks like 6 iron is the club for me to hit into the green.

Back