I thought the line was already crossed with the beer stuff for fans who were running their mouths. Now Brooks seems intent on going scorched earth on the “feud”. I wouldn’t mind an elder statesman telling him to stay in his lane, but would it have an impact? At this point I kind of want the whole thing to be a joke.

That caddie comment was pretty pathetic from Brooks today.

Entertaining banter is great for everyone. This read more like a high school level rift Than a good rivalry.
Koepka is totally embracing the “high school jock” mentality. It’s gone beyond funny to pathetic. Maybe his new nickname should be “Sporto” (Breakfast Club reference).

But that is why it is soo funny to me. It is so childish at this point I can't but help laugh.

I agree totally. The whole thing is ridiculous. So the sarcastic shots seem to fit perfectly.

This has been in the media for quite a while now. We've gotten a lot more insight into both players' minds and personalities as a result of the focus. Who are you siding with, and has that changed since the initial stories began to arise last year about their dislike for each other (way back when Brooks called Bryson out for slow play)?

Personally, I always respected Brooks' understated, low key, all business style and game, and was not a fan of Bryson. However, I have done a 180 degree turn on the two. I still don't care for Bryson's style of play, but I am beginning to see he's not as bad a guy as I originally thought. In my opinion, Brooks has become a bit too arrogant with too much of an attidude. Not just regarding Bryson, but in general. I have lost a lot of respect for him and find myself rooting against him more now, than I used to root against Bryson and his unconventional style of play. I still don't like his bomb and gouge approach and mechanical looking swing, but I feel I would get a lot more satisfaction talking with Bryson over a few drinks at a bar than I would from Brooks with his big shoulder chip.

My opinion of them hasn't changed - I think they are both childish and need to grow up and I have zero time for either of them

This has been in the media for quite a while now. We've gotten a lot more insight into both players' minds and personalities as a result of the focus. Who are you siding with, and has that changed since the initial stories began to arise last year about their dislike for each other (way back when Brooks called Bryson out for slow play)?

Personally, I always respected Brooks' understated, low key, all business style and game, and was not a fan of Bryson. However, I have done a 180 degree turn on the two. I still don't care for Bryson's style of play, but I am beginning to see he's not as bad a guy as I originally thought. In my opinion, Brooks has become a bit too arrogant with too much of an attidude. Not just regarding Bryson, but in general. I have lost a lot of respect for him and find myself rooting against him more now, than I used to root against Bryson and his unconventional style of play. I still don't like his bomb and gouge approach and mechanical looking swing, but I feel I would get a lot more satisfaction talking with Bryson over a few drinks at a bar than I would from Brooks with his big shoulder chip.
I'm tired of Brooks' mumbly, pouty interviews where he tries so hard to project the 'too cool for school' IDGAF attitude but is simultaneously passive-aggressive about everything. I used to like him, but now I think he's a douche bro. I'm on Team Bryson in this one - he's an interesting personality and I think I'd enjoy sitting down and talking to him - as opposed to Koepka, who it seems would just be making every effort to be "cooler than you".

I like Bryson's enthusiasm for the game and his willingness to step outside the box, as opposed to Brooks who says he really doesn't even like golf and wishes he would have played baseball instead. And then Koepka has to throw in little digs like he did in his interview yesterday where the course they're playing this week is "not my favorite, to be honest". And while some people may dig this whole rivalry thing and the media certainly loves hyping it every chance they get, I'm completely over it.

Team Bryson not Team Petty or whatever it is that Brooks is going for.

Bryson poked the bear with the ab talk then Brooks held on too long. It is dumb at this point.

Bryson is definitely a unique sample in how he approaches golf and engagement. I'll usually root for him because it seems quite popular to root against him. Even the reporters are piling on at this point.

Brooks, I'll probably never see eye to eye with. His public attitude toward golf absolutely sucks, and is super confusing to me considering how hard he had to work to even get on tour.

DJ is the absolute best hahahaha

As for Brooks vs. Bryson, the World No. 1 didn't bring as much fire, though his answer was as on brand as ever.
--- "I'm in the middle," Johnson said. "I don't really care."

DJ is the absolute best hahahaha

As for Brooks vs. Bryson, the World No. 1 didn't bring as much fire, though his answer was as on brand as ever.
--- "I'm in the middle," Johnson said. "I don't really care."
So typical DJ. Lukewarm milk with a side of plain white rice. You look up IDGAF and the definition is just his picture.

So typical DJ. Lukewarm milk with a side of plain white rice. You look up IDGAF and the definition is just his picture.
I think it's hilarious, and pretty on brand for him hahaha

"what kind of putter do you have in the bag"
--- It's a TaylorMade

"what do you think of Bryson v Brooks"
--- I really don't care

Perfection.

Go get him THP!!!!!

Does he have a stake in the Brooks vs. Bryson tickle fight?
well he playing vs Brooksy in a week or two in a massive bet........so, yes. id say so. Although Brooks has to play left handed apparently. lol Portnoy was trying to recruit Bryson as his caddie

well he playing vs Brooksy in a week or two in a massive bet........so, yes. id say so. Although Brooks has to play left handed apparently. lol Portnoy was trying to recruit Bryson as his caddie
Eeesh I swear I haven’t had my head in the sand, I’m just not a Brooks or Barstool guy. Won’t be tuning in for that even if Bryson shows up.

Eeesh I swear I haven’t had my head in the sand, I’m just not a Brooks or Barstool guy. Won’t be tuning in for that even if Bryson shows up.
hes showing up aand their both donating a TONNNN of money to charity.

hes showing up aand their both donating a TONNNN of money to charity.
That’s a cool aspect, I’d just rather go to the dentist than watch or listen to those guys.

Stricker says the feud is at the very least, on hold. That it's team over all for the RC.

Do you buy it?
Sure. What is and what media allows things to be aren't always the same thing though.

Stricker says the feud is at the very least, on hold. That it's team over all for the RC.

Do you buy it?
Yup. Both these guys know how to focus. Let’s go USA!!! Not sure if this is wishful thinking, but I’m going with it!

Sure. What is and what media allows things to be aren't always the same thing though.
I think Brooks at the very least has some he might have just as big of a rager for the media attention as the media has in him giving it.

I think Brooks at the very least has some he might have just as big of a rager for the media attention as the media has in him giving it.
Yeah, I'd love to see him not goose it along in intentionally unintentional ways like he does for now, for the sake of the rest of the guys. He's actually really good at diffusing when he wants to.

Just don't care what they do or say about each other. Both come across like tools.

Back