Brought to you by... (commercials)

This is the full version on the Galaxy Note commercial.

I see this one and immediately think of Cookie teaching a young boy how to golf! LOL

Good point! His pitching technique reminds me of Nolan Ryan. #winning

Good point! His pitching technique reminds me of Nolan Ryan. #winning

Before you put a #winning with Nolan Ryan ( one of my favorites by the way ) and want your kid to pitch like hims, remember he is #3 all time in loses, and #1 all time in walks allowed.

Before you put a #winning with Nolan Ryan ( one of my favorites by the way ) and want your kid to pitch like hims, remember he is #3 all time in loses, and #1 all time in walks allowed.

7 no hitters
Over 300 wins
Over 5,000 strikeouts

#winner

2700+ walks allowed
292 losses

#gottalookatallthestats
OK.

7 No hitters, 12 1-hitters and 18 2-hitters.

From Wikipedia:
Ryan played in more seasons (27) than any other player in modern major league history. Ryan ranks first all-time in strikeouts (5,714), fewest hits allowed per nine innings (6.56), and no-hitters (7). He is also fifth in innings pitched (5,386), second in games started (773), seventh in shutouts (61) and is tied for 14th in wins (324). Opposing hitters hit only .204 against Ryan during his career, though they had a .309 on base percentage against him. He also limited hitters to a .298 slugging percentage.[1] Ryan had 15 or more strikeouts in a game 26 times, second only to Randy Johnson, who had 28.

Ryan also ranks high on the list for four "negative" records; he ranks first all-time in walks allowed (2,795), first in wild pitches (277), third in losses (292—most in the post-1920 live-ball era), and ninth in hit batters (158).[1] Ryan is also one of two pitchers in MLB history to give up ten grand slam home runs, including one to Dann Howitt, the next-to-last batter Ryan faced in his career.

It stands to reason that someone with the one of the most seasons, starts and innings pitched is going to have a lot of walks and losses. And it's not like he played for some great teams. His teams only made the playoffs five times in his career.

Is this the baseball thread? hahaha

OK.

7 No hitters, 12 1-hitters and 18 2-hitters.

From Wikipedia:
Ryan played in more seasons (27) than any other player in modern major league history. Ryan ranks first all-time in strikeouts (5,714), fewest hits allowed per nine innings (6.56), and no-hitters (7). He is also fifth in innings pitched (5,386), second in games started (773), seventh in shutouts (61) and is tied for 14th in wins (324). Opposing hitters hit only .204 against Ryan during his career, though they had a .309 on base percentage against him. He also limited hitters to a .298 slugging percentage.[1] Ryan had 15 or more strikeouts in a game 26 times, second only to Randy Johnson, who had 28.

Ryan also ranks high on the list for four "negative" records; he ranks first all-time in walks allowed (2,795), first in wild pitches (277), third in losses (292—most in the post-1920 live-ball era), and ninth in hit batters (158).[1] Ryan is also one of two pitchers in MLB history to give up ten grand slam home runs, including one to Dann Howitt, the next-to-last batter Ryan faced in his career.

It stands to reason that someone with the one of the most seasons, starts and innings pitched is going to have a lot of walks and losses. And it's not like he played for some great teams. His teams only made the playoffs five times in his career.

Is this the baseball thread? hahaha

No but Cookie started it!! :alien:

Not funny, but this is Travel Alberta's (our province's chief advertisers) "Remember to Breathe" commercial that is being shown in marketing classes as far as the UK. Watch it in HD to see what Alberta's all about!

This commercial cracks me up every damn time. NO NO, NOT IN MUTOMBO HOUSE!

Wanna know why Farm Bureau is beating so many other companies on their rates? A very small budget for TV commercials is a big reason!

In fact, this is a Missouri Farm Bureau commercial. Notr sure I have ever seen one for Kansas. But since I am in the KC Metro area, it kind of helps our business as well as Missouri's!

Not as funny as John Clayton's, but still pretty good.

[video=youtube_share;d-RVLpI48K8]http://youtu.be/d-RVLpI48K8[/video]

[video=youtube;48-tcRiBNj4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48-tcRiBNj4[/video]

Dumb Ways to Die is a public service announcement campaign by Metro Trains in Melbourne, Australia to promote rail safety. It's a bit too cute for some, but it gets a chuckle out of most.

[url]http://youtu.be/IJNR2EpS0jw

[/URL]

A couple of commercials for MasterCard. Just saw the second one on The Golf Channel.

[video=youtube;E-5vqIWxJ7k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-5vqIWxJ7k[/video]

I think you'll recognize these guys.

Just saw this one:

Back